main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Star Wars Live Action TV Series may be pushed back to 2008?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    My two cents on the whole thing:

Good plot, you're fine with me.
    Great special effect and no plot, I wash my hands of you.

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I agree that Scifi Friday has great effects but what about the original scifi friday show. That's right, Farscape. That was in 1999 and was kick ass. I agree with 2nd Quest that it should be cable. Networks will do nothing but mess around with its schedule.

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yeah both you and 2nd Quest made great points both of you guys convinced me that the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series should be put on a cable channel like the Sci Fi channel. Yes non-cable channels like Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. would probably mess around with the schedule to much. It would also probably be the main TV Series on any cable channel since the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series is probably going to get fantastic ratings.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series is going to be fantastic in almost every aspect. How do you guys think the Star Wars Live Action TV Series is going to be and what do you think about it as of now?

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's difficult to judge how it will be at this point since we have practically zero information about it.

While I'm confident we'll get an entertaining product out of it, I'm keeping my expectations in check until we get some actual reviews and word of mouth about the finished product- not that I don't think SW can succeed on TV (as I've long championed the concept), but rather the bar for sci-fi television shows has been set remarkably high over the past few years or so between Babylon 5, Stargate, Farscape and Battlestar Galactica and so audiences will be expecting more from any new show entering the playing field. Throwing tons of CGI FX at a movie works for the theatrical films but you need more than just that for a TV series to succeed.

But then, hopefully they recognize that and are striving to achieve that without abandoning what appeals to people about SW. But we won't know until more solid info is released about the episodes.

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series will have great stories, interesting characters, and the best special effects a Sci Fi TV Series or a TV Series in general has ever had.

7. ObiWanIsTheFather

ObiWanIsTheFather Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2005
    Maybe they backed down because they don't know what would even be on the show yet. Their original time of arrival for the show was rather optimistic...

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    We'll see no release date has been confirmed as of yet. You could be right and GL is also pretty busy with Indiana Jones 4, that Red Tails film he is producing, converting all the Star Wars movies into 3D format, and the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series which is slated for release in Fall 2007. GL is pretty busy as it is and when you add the Star Wars Live Action TV Series to the list he definitely has his hands full. I still think they are going to make a Star Wars Live Action TV Series that is fantastic.

9. DarthDaz

DarthDaz Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    Hey there,new to the forum but honoured to be amongst fellow star wars lovers.I was blown away to find out about the new tv series but 2008 - come on George star wars is our lives.

10. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Nothing as been confirmed as of yet it might be pushed back to 2008 then again it might not be. GL is really busy as it is he's working on Indiana Jones 4, that Red Tails movie he is producing, the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series slated for release in Fall 2007, and converting all the Star Wars movies into 3D format. When you add the Star Wars Live Action TV Series to the list GL definitely has his hands full. Even if the Star Wars Live Action TV Series is pushed back to 2008 although I hope it's not I still think the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series will be fantastic.

11. DarthDaz

DarthDaz Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    I have no doubt it was be the best action series ever and will also have some superb plot lines and emotion.

12. DARK_VADOR

DARK_VADOR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Entertainment Weakly has this little blurb in their rag that poses as a thermometer that rates things 'hot' or 'cold' and it had the SW tv show listed as 'cold' with the comments to the effect that 2008 is not far enough away.

These *ssholes over at EW are hypocrites if they think there isn't enough demand for SW: RotS is the highest grossing movie this year, and none of the competition has come close.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes in the link to the article I gave in the first post said something about EW having a list and the further down you are the worse and the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series maybe getting pushed back to 2008 was second to last. The link to the article in the first post of this thread is where I got the news that the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series might be pushed back to 2008. If you want to read the article go to the first post of this thread and click the link.

14. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    What exactly does it mean as far as converting SW to 3D format? I get what 3D is, but will this be something that will be included in the DVDs of the episodes in a few years, or is it possible that some or all of the movies may be shown in theaters again in a couple of years, with 3D effects added in?

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    GL is going to release all the Star Wars Movies again in a few years I think starting in 2007 with 3D effects added in.

16. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005

Will this be the original movies, or the prequels, or all six of them.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The 3D effects won't be added-in, per se- they are converting the six films so that they can be shown in 3D (LFL created a way to go from 2D to 3D) similar to James Cameron's last few documentaries and his forthcoming Battle Angel film.

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Okay thanks for clearing that up I must have misread the information I read on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.