1. Happy Christmastime, WNU!

The Star Wars movies were always some of my favorite movies

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by swdarin, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. swdarin Jedi Padawan

Hi, call me swdarin. I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was about at least 8 or 9 years old.

Me and my family have already seen Episode III, and I personally felt that it was better than I and II. Don't worry, I still liked them.

But I'm being bothered recently hearing the news whining that Episode III is PG-13. It's really pissing me off. I mean it's not even rated R. Personally, I think it's still okay to take the kids. I know most parents take their kids to see Spiderman 1 & 2, and Lord of the Rings even though though they're PG-13. Parents enjoyed them, their kids enjoyed them too. Stupid sensitive parents. Do any of you here feel this way too?

Edit: Sorry if I offended any of you about my opinion on the news about Episode III being PG-13.
  2. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    But I'm being bothered recently hearing the news whining that Episode III is......

Get used to that, once the hype about EP 3 is over we will hear much whining around here I am sure. :p

Welcome to the boards swdarin, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

MTDSBWY
    ~DD[face_devil]

3. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome swdarin! :)

Everyone has his own opinion and this board lives because of these people discussing their opinions. :)

In my view RotS is better than 1&2, too. But nevertheless I hope I can see all movies (almost) in a row. I want to know how they will be if there's not so much time between it. ;)

About your PG question, I don't know. RotS was harder than other movies and for me it is ok, if it is rated higher. But I see the point that some kids can't see it and that could be a bit frustrating for them.

Nevertheless... enjoy your stay. :)
  4. Cloned_Sidious Jedi Grand Master

star 8
  5. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree that there is an inordinate ammount of whining over the rating that ROTS got. IMHO it certainly deserved what it got since it is an incredibly violent movie. But like you said, so were the Lord of the Rings movies. People will get over it soon enough.

Welcome to the boards swdarin! It's great to have you here :)
  6. swdarin Jedi Padawan

Those people BETTER get over it.
  7. swdarin Jedi Padawan

Hey, I wanted to try and start a new topic in the ROTS section, but the section won't let me do it saying that the "Admin can only post." What gives?
  8. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    The RotS forum is so busy these days that the current Mods there disabled this function. It is only enabled if Mods think they can handle it. :)

You have to know there are many people who would start redundant threads and spam around. This would be very hard to handle, almost impossible. So the function is temporarily turned off.

And maybe your thread idea is already up. So please take a look through the pages and maybe you can find a similiar topic. :)
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.