main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Star Wars Multiverse, or a Crisis On Infinite Coruscants

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IG_2000, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

OH **** NO![face_shame_on_you]

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    SW with Marvel or whatever else should not happen.

Infinities? Sure. Canon? No.

If they want to do a series where Anakin Solo lived past SBS, Anakin Skywalker didn't join Palpatine, the Daragon siblings didn't find the Sith, etc. as an alternate universe, fine.
    But keep them all separate.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  3. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm extremely mixed on this. Part of me would love the retro-active inclusion of Legends as interdimensional but I feel the old EU had too many cracks in it and what the Story Group is doing is best for now. The Old EU had teleportation existing 3,000 years before Phantom Menace and then not existing at all. Its too messy and too inconsistent. The NU may be taking getting used to, but in the end, it gives you a streamlined even universe without any blips. Also, I am not crazy about a multiverse theory. I believe everything happens for a reason, and in the spirit of Star Wars and the whole idea of the Force is that nothing happens by chance. Having universes where everything and anything can happen kinda defeats the point of the Force having a will

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Y'all really don't think Marvel is gonna be chomping at the bit to do a bit summer Marvel Universe crossover comics event with Star Wars? Joe Quesada is probably writing Kathleen Kennedy e-mails on this, like, daily.

vncredleader and Darth_Duck like this.
  5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Is there money to made on the concept? That's really the only question to answer.

6. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    What do you mean by this?

You still got a link/name to it? Sounds interesting.

And on the topic, yes. A multiverse, but not a crossover. Disney have made my canon bleed, and I'd like to see it back with any arms at a writing staff's disposal. This is where you would have Legends continued, co-existing alongside Nu-Canon but not crossing over in any official work. MAYBE they could do an Infinities thing where they crossover but it isn't made canon to either Legends or Disney canon. This could allow them to have, alongside Legends, other short stories about alternative takes on the SW Universe, alternative paths. Though like I said I wouldn't want them to officially crossover, only as another kind of Infinities short story.

vncredleader likes this.
  7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The Denningverse seemed to indicated there were two possible future for Allana, which might actually mean something if the whole thing wasn't a load of osik.

If they would formally divorce TCW and the post-NJO from the EU, then I would be far more accommodating.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Havoc123; Jacen changed time and released Abeloth. He literally changed it.

Which also means potentially time was changed every other time she escaped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Wasn't that more in the vein of "I averted a possible future" rather than "I changed a concrete future"?

I can't say as I gave up on FotJ half way through. All my information is second hand. :p

10. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016

Lol of course it's not going to happen, let alone in canon, but still sounds really cool to me

I wish they would just loosen the strings a little and let more SW literature be produced, even if not "canon"

3 adult-oriented novels a year is just not sufficient for me

AusStig likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The throne visions were designed to be fairly concrete, thus Jacen and the Tribe and more or less everyone freaking out about them.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

[​IMG]

I rage quit at the Kenth disaster. Which I feel awful about, because I hate judging a series without finishing it. I didn't even follow the ending much, so I've been living with this vague notion that Daala and fem-Cthulu burninate the countryside until Darth Krayt and Luke ride in on a magical Celestial unicorn and save everyone by Unifying the light & dark Force. Then Pocket becomes Chief of State.

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'd probably have been less judgemental if they weren't all hardcovers.

14. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Look most franchises have many different continuaties so at this they might as well go this route for star wars as well. What I want to see:

A. More Legends stories

B. More Canon stories

C. A non-canon crossover

D. A final EU novel time hopping space jumping trilogy written by Luceno somehow trying up every last EU thread and ending with Luke or somebody waking up from a dream in like a Dagobah cave or something.

15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Y'know, this is off-topic, but Kylo definitely wins the award for Skywalker With The Best Hair, hands down.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wouldn't like it if Legends meet Nu Canon people in person. But I have no problem if force visions are shown to someone from one continuity that sees people/scenes from the other. A way to show that Legends did happen. Kind of like what Star Trek did with their reboot. New timeline but the old is preserved.

If there was ever dialogue between 2 people between worlds, then it should be connected to the force. No actual people traveling through some portal to another universe.

LelalMekha likes this.
  17. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    I wouldn't prefer it.

Throw in Cybertron and I'll consider it though ;). An All-Spark+Kaiburr+M'Kraan Crystal feast of fics is fun in concept. I just really hate the idea of multiple coexisting realities within the cosmology of the Star Wars setting.

Edit: This doesn't mean I wouldn't love new Legends material! Just no crossovers, preferably.

18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    "Show that Legends did happen." Somewhere, somewhen else. That's all I ask.

Havoc123, BigAl6ft6 and vncredleader like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    A little vision of all four Solo kids together would do me wonders.

PCCViking likes this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Or Han calling for Ben, and both Ben Solo AND Skywalker say, "Yes?" :p

AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    They could make a video game with the multiverse theme for fun I guess but I don't think EA will even consider it.

22. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Yes please. I don't like that Legend's universe comes off as just a suggestion like these are just myths. Why not just have stories in both universes or the notion that there is another full world with these stories.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well if were going to do Multiverse lets do multiple Timelines too...I'm also in the camp that prefers TCW and Rest of Legends Separate (Not outta hatred for TCW you understand but things seem much more simple when you separate them)

Timeline 1: Everything up to 2008

Timeline 2: 2008 and the things that can still fit within the continuity.

Timeline 3 (Optional) Lets see were SWOTOR goes because at this point they can really do their own thing.

So i guess those are all the Legends Timelines. Doctor Who be danged.

In fact i could break this down even farther as well. I'll add two more interesting Timelines

Timeline 4: A Timeline of a Post ROTJ order that did not include the prequels happening (Sure things were Ret-conned in but lets face outta of universe they weren't thinking about that.

and finally

Timeline 5

A Timeline were the Marvel comics after ANH remained canon and Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker were two separate people

24. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I think they should just bring back the Intinities concept. Have a name for each timeline; Canon can be Infinity 1, Legends Infinity 2, TFU dark side ending could be Infinity 7. If they just used Infinities there would be no multiverse silliness. Maybe if they published them as Infinities, instead of Canon and Non-Canon, we could actually revisit these timelines in future SW media.

Havoc123 likes this.
  25. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I would love infinities novels-kinda like star trek's mirror universe novels.