The Star Wars Party of a Lifetime! - ONE MORE DAY!!!

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by rhonderoo, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm buying two for me (one to play with and one to keep in the package) and one for onw of my cousins. He's cool and can't make it to C3. But I'm sure he will like the Darth Vader figurine.
  2. kellilla Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm going to be flying in Wed morning, and leaving sunday night :) We're staying at the Omni, yay and stuff.

LOL - I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to fit all my Padme hairpieces and petticoats and parasol-thingies in my shipping boxes, and have room for Ash's xwing helmet and my dad's lightsaber...
    May have to expand to 3 boxes this time around... :B
  3. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    You're wearing costumes?!?! How many do you have?!?!
    I don't know if I'm gonna have a costume or not yet. Gotta get with some of the guys about that. Good luck with your packing.
  4. kellilla Jedi Knight

star 2
    lol thanks, it's gonna be a puzzler trying to get everything in.
    Yeah, I'm a costume whore, haha. I gotta wear my costumes or I'm not happy... I'm bringing my 4 Padmes, Leia, my Imperial Officer, plus the two I'm working on now for C3 especially, and then my dad's Qui-Gon, and my friend's X-Wing pilot uniform will have to fit too.

BTW, does anyone know any tourist-y things to do in Indianapolis? We wanted to do something wednesday afternoon, but their Art Museum is going to be closed in April (boo!), so we've been looking for something else to do!
    Ha, maybe we should just nap and conserve energy for the next 4 days :D
  5. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Can they attach a U-haul trailer to an airplane, Kell? Sounds like you're going to need it!

I don't know if I'm gonna have a costume or not yet. Gotta get with some of the guys about that.

Lori: Mr. If-you'll-wear-it-I'll-get-it (AKA Sal)has gone AWOL on us lately!
  6. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dang him!!! I was wondering if he was planning on posting again anytime soon. Haven't seen him on recently.
    I'm now really excited about it, and he disappears. Plus, I get the added bonus of embarrassing my best friend.
    If you talk to him soon, tell him to get on it.
  7. Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kell I have the perfect solution to all your traveling needs when it comes to packing. (Paces arround table covered with red sheet) Are you tired of having to sacrifice well made costumes because the freakin airlines think that your "parasol" conflicts with national security? Well then I give you.....(Throws sheet off the table)

The Mary Poppins Bag!
  8. kellilla Jedi Knight

star 2
    I gotta get me one of those!!

Maybe 3 or 4 even...
  9. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    First Celebrities For CIII

What? David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan? I can't believe it!!!! :eek:

;)

Why did I know Prowse would be there. Wonder how much he paid them? :p
  10. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    And Bulloch, too. Big surprise.

But, I think I just heard Grace squeal all the way from Midtown.
  11. Johnny-Vegas Jedi Knight

star 1
    This list is going to get better, right?
  12. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Those were just the ones that if there is a SW event, you can pretty much cont on them being there. I'm sure there will be some big surprizes for you all!

Why did I know Prowse would be there. Wonder how much he paid them?

If you're interested I can email you exactly what he asks for an appearance fee. ;)
  13. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I wonder if we can get them to a drive-in night? [face_laugh].

Give them 10 years, and it probably wouldn't be a problem.
  14. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    If you're interested I can email you exactly what he asks for an appearance fee.

Can't be more than twenty bucks... :p
  15. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'M SO EXCITED!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!!!! RAY PARK IS GONNA BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
  16. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    For those who haven't ordered their badges for CIII yet, you have until March 4th in order for the badges to be shipped to you. If you wait until afterward, you'll have to pick them up at CIII. (And if you think MSC's will-call line is a mess, I bet the CIII will-call line will be 100 times longer.)

In other CIII news, apparently for $50 more you could have breakfast with Captain Typho and Wicket with the fan club. It's already sold out, believe it or not. I wonder where you buy your tickets to go binge drinking with Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford?
  17. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wanna go binge drinking with Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford!! Old people get to have all the fun. It's not fair.
  18. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Qui-GonTim posted on 3/3/05 6:11am

In other CIII news, apparently for $50 more you could have breakfast with Captain Typho and Wicket with the fan club. It's already sold out, believe it or not. I wonder where you buy your tickets to go binge drinking with Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford?

/>

Where do we sign up and pay for the Indianapolis FF party? I was VERY tempted by that breakfast, but 6:30 am...*Yipes* especially after drinking and partying the night before...

Now, if there is a breakfast with Hayden. I'll stay up all night to get there first. [face_devil]/>/>
  19. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Breakfast.... Yeah, that's what you want to have with Hayden. Sure, Rhonda. :p
    I can't remember where they were selling the tickets for the FF party. I think you can buy them at the door for $5 more. I'll see if I can't find a link.
  20. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    OK, here it is:

CIII Fan Party. Which says-

The Official FanForce - RebelLegion - 501st Celebration 3 Party
    Hosted by the Indy Knights and the Bloodfin 501st Garrison

When: 7:00 p.m. to Midnight, Friday, April 22, 2005

Where: 2nd Floor Hyatt Regency Ballroom

Ticket Price: $20 pre-registration, $30 day of event

The $20 registration fee includes ballroom rental, security, taxes and gratuity, food and multimedia rentals.

This event is limited to 1,000 people.

Because of the need to keep things organized, registration will be staggered. Registration for members of the 501st and Rebel Legion will begin on January 1. On January 14, registration will begin for FanForce members as well as anyone and everyone else. Many FanForce members are also members of the 501st and/or Rebel Legion, hence the reason those two group will register first. Don't worry, the tickets will be quite available when your registration time arrives. //emperor

Payment:
    Payments will be accepted through PayPal and through money orders.

PayPal I.D.: jaynewnum@insightbb.com

Money Order Mail-To Address:

Jay Newnum
    Jay Newnum
    10427 Parmer Circle
    Noblesville, IN 46060

Getting in:

Your PayPal receipt is your ticket!

On the day of the party, beginning at 6:00 p.m. on the 1st floor Waterwall, check in with the table and present your name, address and city, or a PayPal receipt, and you?ll receive your wristband for entrance to the party. There will most likely be two tables/lists, one for FanForce and one for 501st/Rebel Legion, make sure you are in the right line to get in quickly and easily. If you are members of more than one group, you'll need to line up with the group you registered with.

If you pay by money order, you must send your name, address and city along with the money order so that when you check in at the table, we can verify your registration and give you your wristband.

Security will be stationed at both elevators and escalators on the 2nd floor. No one will be allowed past security without a wristband.

Your PayPal receipt is your ticket!

Food:
    At 7:00 p.m., there will be four carving stations serving baked Virginia ham (80 slices per ham) with mustard, mayonnaise and mini croissants. There will also be vegetable and cheese trays at each carving station. All four carving stations will restock at 8:00 p.m. with the above-mentioned food. At 9:00 p.m., only three serving stations will restock. At 10:00 p.m., only one serving station will restock. Food is on a first come first serve basis.

Drinks:
    There will be three fully-stocked bars serving cocktails, imported and domestic beer, house wines, still & sparkling waters and soft drinks.

Cocktails - $5.00 House - $5.50 Call -$6.00 Premium
    House Wines- $5.25 House - $5.50 Call - $6.00 Premium
    Imported Beer - $4.50
    Domestic Beer - $4.00
    Non-Alcoholic Beer - $4.00
    Cordials & Cognacs - $6.50

Still & Sparkling Waters - $3.50
    Soft Drinks - $2.50

There will also be three beer troughs throughout the ballroom.

Extras:

- We will also have a 9? x 12? screen with LCD projector showing Star Wars fan films.

- Star Wars celebrities will be there. There will be no autographs at the party. The stars will sign autographs all day at C3. This is also a party for them.

- $2.00 from each ticket sale will go to the Troopers for Katie Fund. For more information or to make additional donations, please go to www.forkatie.org.

Looks like they've sold around 500 tickets as of yesterday.

21. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have to say that I'd want to have breakfast with Hayden. After a long night with him, of course.

22. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'd feel for Hayden if LFL started selling tickets for that, Lori. If they could get him to agree to it, and if they knew they could make a buck off of it, you know they'd be offering it. Poor guy- I'm sure that not everyone in that line would be female. But, if they added Ewan, Ray, Temuera, Natalie, and Kierra in that mix, then the CIII site would eventually read "Star Wars Celebration III- Now in its 425th week!"

Then they'd have your second-string actors who'd be ho'ed out for less. You know, a night with David Prowse or Michael Sheard for only $25 or something like that. Those guys would be at the discount table, and would come with a T-shirt that said "I boinked Darth Vader/Admiral Ozzel...etc."
  23. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd definitely pay a lot of money to meet Hayden, Ewan, Natalie, and Kiera. I'm still really excited about Ray being in the autograph hall.
  24. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I just sent my payment in. I'm there ! This is getting so exciting!!

Just got one night free at the hotel, too! More money to spend on Darth Vader stuff.. Woo hoo! :p
  25. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    You know Hayden won't do autographs. He'd get mobbed like a merf. That, and it would threaten too many fanboys' masculinity when they see just how big and imposing he now is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.