main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Star Wars QLD Senate

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by dewback_stew, Feb 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewback_stew

dewback_stew Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    I decided to make a senate here for us QLD Star Wars Fans to discuss things like....
    well Star Wars.

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    And what is that exactly?

3. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Mate we already have other threads for this purpose but hey the more threads the merrier:)

Old Macdonald had a farm ey ey eyi o, and on that farm he had a ghostly turtle ey i e io:)

4. MrNeech

MrNeech Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    He also had a dead vile little troll, ey, i, ey, i, oh. Oooops, did I say that out loud. No I guess I just wrote it....

5. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    Somehow, I don't think you guys are taking dewback seriously. What Star Wars topic are you interested in discussing? I major in SW novels and stupidity. Mainly stupidity.

6. dewback_stew

Feb 8, 2001
    Exactly what Killer said. I'm serious about this.
    I happen to like the novels as well but i'm also interested in all other Star Wars stuff and would be happy to discuss this.

7. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Don't even get me started on the way that even though there is this huge, infinate universe out there only like what, three? people are capable of doing anything to save everyone.
    Is everyone else on a break?

8. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    No, just didn't think it was important enough.

9. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    Does anyone else think that Luke, Leia, Han (and the other side-kick kinda characters) have become the proverbial "Brady Bunch" of the galaxy, if you understand what I'm getting at? (Please tell me if you want it further explained.)

10. dewback_stew

Feb 8, 2001
    I know exactly what you mean, thats why I Jedi was such a good bok because it wasn't based on the Star Wars "brady bunch".
    There needs to be more novels like this.

11. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    Yes! I agree completely - I, Jedi being my favourite novel. I love the fact that Corran Horn screws up on a frequent basis. It's . . . refreshing. That's also why I like the X-Wing series. They're more realistic. Not that I don't love the other books, but . . .

12. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    The what did who now?

13. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    You are so right! The body count of characters with more than one line is refreshingly high!

14. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    That's what you think.

15. dewback_stew

Feb 8, 2001
    but what? killer. All the novel are a great contribution to the Star Wars Universe but they need to explore other reaches of the galaxy, stories of other peoples and follow the new Jedi that are emerging. Then we should should see that there is more to the SWU than the brady bunch and there adventures.

16. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    I personally like the "Heir To The Empire" series:) by Timothy Zahn, has anyone else read this series?

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I think the question that you should have asked Paul is, has anybody not read that series.

18. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    *raises hand*

Can anyone reccommend a good star wars book?

19. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Yep, as was stated. The "Heir to the Empire" by Timothy Zahn is a good read. It is the first book in a three book series. The other volumes are "Dark Force Rising" and "The Last Command" in that order. These novels pretty much started the resurgence in SW. I would highly suggest that you read them.

20. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    I, Jedi.

But I recommend that you read the X-wing series (1-9) first - it helps you to get to know the main character.

Ermmm . . . I'd actually recommend them all, if you can get your hands on them. Except for the Bounty Hunter trillogy - I found that long and boring.

However, if you're not looking at that much reading (about fifty or so books in all) I'd go with Grieyl's suggestion, and read the Zahn trillogy.

21. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Good choice that.

22. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Oi Killer Ewok the "Heir To The Empire" suggesstion was mine:D, yeah as Grieyls said that series was basically the catalyst for the resurgence in Star Wars, I was so happy when I spotted the books a few years back and suprised too! I was as suprised as "Mr Squidly" is when Grieyls leaves his computer;)

23. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    Appologies all round.

24. dewback_stew

Feb 8, 2001
    No, don't read the Zahn trilogy first. This is gonna make me seem like bantha poodu but start at the begining, Truce at Bukura (bad spelling). I started at the Zahn Trilogy and by doing this it ruins it all because you know that the characters live (not that you don't know that anyway) but it does give a bit more suspense in some of the other novels before the Zahn Trilogy.

25. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Be sure that you do, or read them in what ever order you want. It really doesn't matter, as I'm sure we are all aware that the charcters never die, not untill recently that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.