main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Star Wars Rebels Stormtrooper Incompetence Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jcgoble3, Oct 21, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Well, he did start mocking Zeb on how he ordered and carried out the Genocide on his race. That includes men, women and children. He doesn't seem to have a heart at all, and committing something like that can be pretty threatening, because the Empire clearly support the attack. I'd say there isn't anything comedic about that. At all.

BigAl6ft6 and Slater like this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I think the Rebels Stormtroopers are evenly matched in terms of competence and comic relief with the OT Stormies.

Someone already made the example of Han's shoulder tapped Scout in RotJ, I'd like to add the Ewok playing stormtrooper helmet xylophone in the same film, plus the stormtrooper who hits his head on the door, Han's Death Star corridor chase and "the door is locked, move on to the next one" in ANH. That's just off the top of my head, I'm positive there are many more moments of comic relief involving stormies. Also see the imps in the Holiday Special.

3. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Also beat down Zeb in a one on one fight. The only time he has really come close to comedic is when he kicked a stormtrooper to his death, which was pure black comedy, not any form of real slapstick.

BigAl6ft6, V-2 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Exactly. If Ezra hadn't thrown his arms out at the right moment, Kallus could have very well killed Zeb.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats not incompetence thats just I don't even know but look

Commando Droids were competent when they first showed up.

6. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I really want that to happen as well.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

This would be a great idea because they would at least seem competent and threading and proboly would be.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe they can be part of Vader's elite force when he finally makes a physical appearance.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maby but when vader appears the ghost crew will have to leave or be destroyed be vader so ya.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'd rather not have any computer game concepts in 'proper' Star Wars.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But technically all star wars is proper now and so will video games.

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    They don't all have to be killed off. I could see Hera, Sabine and Chopper surviving. And Vader going after Kanan and Ezra. I mean, they are technically sort of Jedi. And a threat to him if they get trained up enough.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I have a feeling Vader will view everyone that was a jedi at some point in time the same way co I agree.

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    If your a Jedi, ex Jedi or in training and meet Vader. You aren't likely to survive the outcome.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There have been zero jedi that have gotten away from vader. because we have only seen him face 1.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That doesn't mean there weren't others. And really we have seen him face two. Obi-Wan and Luke.

18. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Having not seen next week's episode in advance I will agree that the stormtroopers should be a little more threatening.

However their training might not have covered certain bases or situations. I mean that one on the transport seemed shocked that this whole thing was over a piece of fruit.

But that isn't an excuse. They have training.

I am sure that their superiors feel like saying something along these lines.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wow your right about Luke how could I have missed that anyway we should get back on topic.

20. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003

21. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    If it was to happen I would hope they closely resembled human stormtroopers. As the Cantina Scene hinted at there being a bias against droids after the Clone War. I don't think it would be politically savvy of even an oppressive authoritarian government to use battle droids openly.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    Needs to be something in the writers bible saying that people wearing helmets can't be KO'd by a punch in the face.

TheOneX_Eleazar and StrikerKOJ like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Alright, I'm just going to say it.

What's the big deal?

I want the main villains to be threatening and I'll be disappointed and upset if they aren't, but I just don't care about the stormtroopers and their spray-painted helmets. They didn't scare me in 1977 beyond the idea that Vader was probably right behind them.

They should be scary if their presence means that Kallus or the Inquisitor are probably nearby but beyond that, I'm not sure why I should care.

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I see what you mean but they need to be competent to some degree because they are the bulk of the empires forces.