main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Star Wars RPG Online Journal Returns!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Moridin, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Greetings fellow community members,

When Star Wars Gamer was cancelled, many were rightly disappointed in the lack of any Star Wars RPG-based periodical. Well, hearing your cries, I and several staple members of the online community banded together to resurrect a e-zine that had lain dormant for a while and brought it back as a new replacement for Gamer. Under the leadership of Kelly St. Clair, myself, and Ben Flood-Paddock (The Admiral), and with the contributions of many community members and the SWAG, we have brought back a fully-functional online magazine that will fill the gap left by Gamer and re-energize the Star Wars gaming spirit.

Including columns taken from the pages of Gamer as well as integrating elements of the West End Games-produced Star Wars Adventure Journal, the Online Journal is an e-zine for SWRPG players of both systems. Be sure and download the PDF file, as well, which is of magazine quality and graphic design, or go with the web-based version for those low on bandwith.

http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/current/index.php

2. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    It's a great and usefull tool to have, Thank you for the post.

3. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    do you know of other sites like this one

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Great work, Moridin, as always. Congrats to everybody involved in the SWOJ, and I'm glad you finally found a superb editor. I'm looking forward to the next issue!

5. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Hey this is an awesome idea!! Do you accept submissions?

Is there stories?

6. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Hey I just checked the new issue and while very good, a lot of the pictures were pushed over so that they were covering the text. In some of the articles anyway. What's up with that?

7. FrobiWanKenobi

FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2002
  8. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Hey everyone. Issue Two is up and it ROCKS!!!! Check it out.

9. FrobiWanKenobi

Nov 28, 2002
    You can also subscribe to the Online Journal by sending an email to journal@starwars-rpg.net with Subscribe Me in the Subject line.

10. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Still waiting for #3. :(

11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  12. Jacen13

Jacen13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Cool! I profusley thank anyone involved in this projest! It is really helpfull. I 'specially liked the Rebelion Era Infinities campaign! B)

13. Jacen13

Jacen13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    A couple of things i noticed though. In the first issue, in the Wolfpack , which BTW was very cool, you never gave the D20 stats for Tomb's Sandtrooper armour, or for his Vibro Knuckler. Oh, and the Barbel Gunner in D6 had all sorts of Blaster rifles and grenades, but the D20 version only had three Frag Grenades and a bandolier of power packs that he doesn't need because he doesn't have any blasters.

14. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Issue four is going to be the best one yet. ;)

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Kelly St. Clair. Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time, a long time. Kelly (a he, as he was quick to point out) used to be a regular on the AOL SWRPG list (of which I, under the monicker Ajay, Armage Bedar, el Kabong and Genghis12 used to be regulars) many years ago. Great work, Moridin and co!

E_S

16. FrobiWanKenobi

Nov 28, 2002
    Kelly St. Clair stepped down as the Editor in Chief of the Online Journal almost a year ago, and Moridin's been working on other things and not involved in the Journal since the first re-issue. So check out the new staff; I just like having credit where credit is due.

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    And credit ye shall recieve; I was merely taken back to the good Old Days of the D6 AOL list, of which few people have made it here. The old days when we fought the Great Copyright War against people who stole Armage "The STATSman" Bedar's Episode I stats. The days when someone's typo caused massive laughts - "Vibro Chicks", of which there was only one pair and they delivered a lethal blow [face_laugh] . That list is all but dead now. Destroyed, by the Empire...

//sits down to remember the Old Days.

:)

E_S

18. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999

yeah I remember those days...

oh wait, no I don't.

19. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    There should be a new issue out soon, so I just thought I'd up this.

Also, in case you didn't know they have new Web RPG supplements on the website in PDF format so check those out as well.

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    And that new issue should contain a comic penciled by one of my best friends, so be sure to download it or else! [face_devil]

21. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    A comic? Cool! I didn't know about that.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi! I'm still wanting for the Online Journal, guys! The Web Features are great, but they're not enough! :p ;)

And on the Web Features: the A&EG Supplement is pretty nice. The NetGuide to Stormtroopers is certainly intriguing, specially the Stormtrooper Prestige Class. But the NetGuide to X-Wings is -really- a must-have: I love it.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  24. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    So what did everyone think of Issue Four?

Did you like my Galaxy Wide NewsNets???

25. scottyboy

scottyboy Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2002
    I am certainly glad that you guys have enjoyed the Online Journal thus far, but we're not done yet. Not by any means. Continue to keep your eyes peeled on the site for new WebFeatures and definitely keep your eyes open for the next issue of the Journal. It's going to be a really good one. I just finished writing the staff info-pack for Issue 5 and it's going to be a real doozie!!! It'll definitely be a must have!

And as always... keep up that promotion! Tell all your friends, both RL and online about us! The more submissions we receive, the better each issue will be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.