main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Sith Magician, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Ok, due to real life commitments, there's a very good chance I won't be able to take part in the game anymore after June, I'd say a 98% probability...

Anyway, Just want some feedback from the players as to whether you want to continue the current campaign, and have someone take over GMing in a few weeks, or just forget about the thing?

Lemme know guys...

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    After the game stalled back in December, I was thinking about maybe starting another game for those who couldn't make the sunday sessions. Depending on what the rest of the group want to do, I'd be willing to take over the GM thing.. ok, I've never GM'ed before, but watching SM wing it, it doesn't look that hard :D

3. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Gee, thanks... [face_plain]

It does take imagination though, imagine writing a novel thats read as you write it.

4. BoNgSaBrE

BoNgSaBrE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh no.... if Griz takes over it will be an EU invasion... I don't know much about EU... :(

As long as its not me GMing.... I dont care :D

5. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    I was thinking more of OT, there's more stuff to play with and it's better known to everyone. The only downside is for forceusers, altho as the EU has shown, there were plenty of characters out there who weren't found out.

6. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I'd do it!

By correspondence?

Okay, okay. So I popped in here mainly because it looks like I (I, who doesn't own any SW sourcebooks) will be GMing a game in Sydney - if it ever takes off.

I figured that whilst I'm doing the impossible, I may as well go all the way.

Well, in all seriousness, I don't think it's that impossible. And, yeah, if I was living in WA, I'd probably give it a shot, at the very least. (I'm good at writing books as I read them. Done it plenty of times.)

I haven't really been of any help to you though, have I? :D

7. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Well you could try and bum Stunt Monkeys core rules book off him for a while :)

8. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Hmm, yes.

Actually, the Role Playing Society at uni said there was a possibility of having source books purchased if someone showed interest in GMing a SW game. I've sent an e-mail along the lines of:

"Oooooo! Pick me! Pick me!"

But I'm still hanging out for a response.

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    So, opinions? we still going ahead with the game for now? or do you guys wanna start anew?

10. BoNgSaBrE

BoNgSaBrE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    I say we keep going with what we have for now..... there is no point changing until you leave the game. any way we might get so into it that someone might want to take over that game :)

BTW are we still on for easter sunday (This week)

11. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Please keep going!
    I wanna get to use the funky Twi'lek I rolled up!

12. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    can't waste all that good rolling :)

13. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I witnessed a starwars RPG today.. in my very own home of all places.. (brother & M8's). Very interesting to watch. I especially liked the a special rule the GM made up:

Anyone who imitates/quotes/even vaguely sounds like Jar-Jar-Binks has a large ground-based-vehicle of some sort start to fall on them, and they have to roll to avoid it/survive the impact, etc.

Let it be said, not everyone who tried, survived the encounter...
    guess the GM doesnt like JJB ;)

14. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Hey, I'm with Syrix and the whole Sydney game......

Does any know of or have any electronic versions of the Rule Books ?? Maybe .pdf or .txt versions ?? If so, could you PM me ??

15. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
    I'd like to see the game keep going...

I'll also offer to GM after June, if SM is willing to share his notes... :)

16. Dingbat

Dingbat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    Keith_Katarn, I heard that the D&D rulebooks are easy to find in .pdf form on some of the file sharing networks like KaZaA and Gnutella, I don't think the Star Wars ones will be as popular but it might be an idea to give those a try (not that I encourage this, go buy the bloody books! ;) )

Apart from that, assuming we're talking about the d20 version, I know of some links that might help you out. Incase you don't know the d20 rules the d20 System Refrence document can be found here. That has all the core d20 rules but a fair amount of them have been changed a little bit for Star Wars, especially the hit point system.

You might be able to piece together some of the Star Wars specific rules from the the Star Wars errata which you can find here.

You can also get the Star Wars character sheet from here.

You probably aren't going to be able to play the game from that, but I guess it might help you a little bit. Plus, you'll want the errata anyway even if you do buy/borrow the book.

The Star Wars RPG site (www.wizards.com/starwars) has also started previewing some of the revised rules for the revised rulebook. The revised armour rules, and Noble class look pretty cool to me.

Anyway, hope that's of some use.

17. Sith_Jester

Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    I assume its full steam ahead for this weekend? What time/place or we just refer to the last batchannel and stick to it?

18. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, due to one player being unwell, the other having parental visits, and another deciding if he wants to dummy spit or not, the game will not be going ahead tomorrow,
    Of course, if anyone just wants to come & hang out, watch movies or whatever, then that's cool too.

19. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    We could hire the Life of Brian! Perfect Easter movie! :D

20. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hehehe, I'd be there, but I never pass up on chocolate... :D So enjoy the movies etc, and have a good Festival of Chocolate... :p

*smooches for Darth_Soup* [face_love]

21. Sith_Jester

Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    Methinks I will therefore take this opportunity to get my monthly afternoonen of sleep then, I may be over in the morningersplitzen depending on the hours spent beforehand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.