The Star Wars Saga Forum Is *gasp* Now Open!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Dagsy, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Valiowk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I hope so too, since I'm out of the AC now ;)
  2. bluebereft Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I fourth the notion!

:)

Then ppl won't have to plough through all the misc stuff to find cross-triology discussions.
  3. Master Salty Jedi Knight

star 6
    We need some more interaction from the MS concerning this matter.
  4. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    So. What's happening with this?
  5. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    This proposal was taken to the AC about a week ago and given the input of 4 of its members to what MS has come up with, I think we are nearly there.

At this point, the current Miscellaneous board is going to be retitled "Star Wars Community" and all discussion relating to the Star Wars Saga as a whole will be moved a new board called The Saga Forum, which will be situated in the Movies category.

The location of the Star Wars Community board is still up in the air at this point, it may stay where it is at the moment or it may move to the "Welcome New Users" category. The mod teams for each of these forums is still being decided (depending on their final locations of course) and we are working towards having the Saga Forum up and running by the start of next month.
  6. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    w00t!!

This makes me a happy man :D
  7. Valiowk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So am I :)

Welcome New Users sounds like a nice place; just make sure the place gets the necessary attention and is not lost in a category which many people think is only for newbies.
  8. Jedi_Lite Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Good thinkin', Dagsy.

The Welcome New Users forum seems like an odd place to put the Star Wars Community forum though. Was the Jedi Council Community ever considered?
  9. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    Well, SW Misc. was in the Welcome category not too long ago. ;) And the forum is frequented by a lot of newbies.

The Community was never really an option, as it's a place to talk about anything but Star Wars.
  10. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We're looking at the "Welcome" category because Misc attracts alot of new members with it's SW-related social threads. Some felt putting a Community "Welcome" would allow new users some of the freedoms allowed in larger forums (ie: JCC) in a smaller environment. They'd be able to get the hang of posting in a social forum, pick up all the JC's idiosyncracies and learn some bits and pieces before escaping out into "the bigger pond" of the rest of the JC. I guess it would be more like an interactive SW-based Informational Forum ;)

And JC Community wasn't considered because we're trying to keep the focus of forum SW-related, where JCC really has no focus at all.

:)

Edit: everything Morgaine said much more succinctly :p
  11. Jedi_Lite Jedi Padawan

star 4
  12. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Moving the SW Community board to New Users is a great idea since Misc. is already the first stopping point for a lot of newbies. Thanks for the update, DA and Morgaine :)
  13. eclipseSD Jedi Knight

star 5
    Can I start a social thread in the CT Forum?

It seems that all the forums have one now and it may increase traffic to the CT Forum.
  14. Master Salty Jedi Knight

star 6
    Why didn't you PM a mod and ask that question?
  15. eclipseSD Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well, with DDH gone, I wasn't sure who the best mod was to PM.

So, I figured that I would just post it here and avoid any confusion.
  16. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Well, we're currently discussing new mods for the CT forum. We should have a decision within the next week or two, so you might want to wait until then, and check with the new mod. Right now, I'm not sure who the correct person to ask would be. I don't see a problem with starting a new social thread there, if one doesn't exist though.
  17. QueenPadme Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yea! I have just spent a half hour looking for a forum to start or find a thread on something that recurs throughout the PT and OT, but never found one that seemed relevant. I was afraid of haveing another thread locked if I started it in the EpIII SA forum, and the Misc didn't look too promising for serious discussions. ;-)
  18. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight

star 5
    You have my vote! Also no SW bashing or comparing it to other works, IMO. A pure SW related discussion.
  19. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Also no SW bashing or comparing it to other works, IMO.

I sure would like to know how you intend to have that enforced.
  20. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It'll be a situation of discussion. no divisive groups. Legitimate discussion backed up by legitimate arguments. People that just post to bash or gush without rhyme nor reason will not be welcome there.

And given the focus is on cross-trilogy discussion, there wont be that much place for comparing to other movies etc. Perhaps a little bit, but certainly not every silly "How Waynes World is better than SW" comparison that people come up with...
  21. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    It'll be a situation of discussion. no divisive groups. Legitimate discussion backed up by legitimate arguments. People that just post to bash or gush without rhyme nor reason will not be welcome there.

That's really subjective. I've seen basher accuse gusher of gushing blindly even if they (the gushers) offer up reasons for their opinions and visa versa. Often, someone who very much disagrees with someone else doesn't want to accept the other's opinions, despite what they offer. I'm not really sure how you are going to be able to satisfy all three sides.
  22. Master Salty Jedi Knight

star 6
    I think the idea is there won't be basher/gusher threads, fan clubs, or a saga defense force in the Saga Forum. DA, will be able to shed more light on this.
  23. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Exactly. There wont be any sanctuaries, no clubs, none of that. All discussion will take place in the discussion threads. Therefore, if you step over the line, then you wont be able to hide.

Additionally, if DarthAttorney mods the forum, then he will do it straight down the line. He will give pretty equal treatment....he wont give allow for either side to push the limits.
  24. dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight

star 5

I am very happy with this idea and accomodates both the people who want to have game threads and fan clubs and the people that want serious discussion.

But where will the people go who want to ask the Miscellaneous questions? I assume there will be a Saga Questions Thread in the Saga Forum?
  25. Master Salty Jedi Knight

star 6
    Not at first. Miscellaneus questions will remain in the Miscellaneus forum.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.