The Star Wars Saga Forum Is *gasp* Now Open!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Dagsy, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. eclipseSD Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just thought that a transition thread would lessen the shock of seeing Misc turn into Community.
  2. neeldawg66 Force Ghost

star 8
    When will we be seeing this new forum? And please don't answer "soon". Do we have a date yet?
  3. Jude Jedi Knight

star 2
    I also can't wait for this new forum and would like to know when we might see it.
  4. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    If I recall correctly, the board should be open to the public within the next week.
  5. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, in less than a week it should be out there for everyone to use.
  6. Jude Jedi Knight

star 2
  7. SPECTOR Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah, a proposal for yet another low-traffic, pointless, repetative forum.
  8. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No. A proposal for a forum dedicated to discussing the entire SW Saga.

We dont know what the traffic would be like. But so long as its good quality discussion, then it'll draw in good users.
  9. SPECTOR Jedi Knight

star 3
    We'll I'll be interested to how many threads are actually put up that couldn't be easily sent to any of the other dozen SW forums we have. This is just an excuse to create some excitement by making a new forum and adding more mods.
  10. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Do you have anything positive to say, or are simply looking to be as negative as possible?

No new moderators are currently being added for the new forum.
  11. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Before you start grumbling, when the Saga opens to the public, just have a look at you'll see what it is all about.

Give it a chance. :)
  12. SPECTOR Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you have anything positive to say, or are simply looking to be as negative as possible?

You seem to think that being positive = agreeing with everyone else and not pointing out problems. Would you prefer me to become sheep-like and gush over these ideas?

I have noticed that when something is suggested in this forum people wait till someone important or well known posts his/her opinion. Then you'll get several people jump on the bandwagon and post two word posts like "I agree" or "you are so right" etc. Those that disagree with the bandwagon jumpers are quickly shouted down or ignored.
  13. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    "You seem to think that being positive = agreeing with everyone else and not pointing out problems"

I don't recall you pointing out any problems. I just remember sarcastic comments with no evidence behind them.

Edit:
    Oh, I don't remember you posting your thoughts when this idea was first proposed either.
  14. Y-Wing Jedi Knight

star 1

KnightWriter

No new moderators are currently being added for the new forum.

I just thought I'd point out your error.

From this thread.

DarthAttorney

After much debate, Protege-of-Thrawn has been promoted to handle the Role Playing forum.

I previously held the position but felt the need to cut back on my commitments to focus on new forums in development.

Sure it's not a new mod for the new forum, but it is a new mod for replacement in an old forum.

:D

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new forum.

Hopefully, it'll be full of positive discussion, and not rants of how the PT in no way measures up to the OT.
  15. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    "Hopefully, it'll be full of positive discussion, and not rants of how the PT in no way measures up to the OT."

In the Saga forum, the PT and OT don't exist. It's just one big Saga.
  16. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    "This is just an excuse to create some excitement by making a new forum and adding more mods."

Have you read this thread? The initial proposal was made 3 months ago tomorrow and the forum just opened up as a private forum a couple of days ago. I hardly doubt 3 months of discussion and planning here, in the Mod Squad, and in the AC constitutes "an excuse to create some excitement."

Amazing.
  17. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    You seem to think that being positive = agreeing with everyone else and not pointing out problems. Would you prefer me to become sheep-like and gush over these ideas?

Bad word usage on my part. Let me ask differently:

Do you have anything constructive to say?

Sure it's not a new mod for the new forum, but it is a new mod for replacement in an old forum.

I was referring only to the Saga forum

18. DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    If there is a SAGA forum, what is the purpose of the individual movie forums like TPM, AOTC and Classic Trilogy?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but it seems kind of repetitive.
  19. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Those forums are designed for movie-specific topics.
  20. DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Classic Trilogy is movie specific?
  21. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, because as a set of movies, they've been out for around 20 years. Most topics aren't entirely specific for each movie in the OT. There are some movie specific threads but not enough to justify each having their own forum.
  22. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Classic Trilogy is movie specific?

Yes, it definitely is. Talk about the PT too much in there and a mob of angry OT-philes will try to hang you by your toes in a public square so you can suffer the torment of being pelted with apple cores and rendered acutely sunburned.

I always saw the Saga forum as a place to discuss themes that span all films and hence don't belong in any of the movie-specific forums. How do various characters or character archetypes develop throughout the saga? What changes occur in galaxy-wide politics or ethics of warfare? What role does the Force directly play?
  23. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    "Classic Trilogy is movie specific?"

I'm pretty sure the Classic Trilogy exists because the individual movies of the OT wouldn't get enough traffic as stand-alone forums. And threads dealing specifically with one of the movies are tolerated and encouraged. A thread specifically on ANH in the Saga forum would be out of place.

Amazing.
  24. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    There is no problem with more star wars forums, isn't that the reason we are here?

Axl.
  25. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We'll I'll be interested to how many threads are actually put up that couldn't be easily sent to any of the other dozen SW forums we have.

Not at all. The forum is for discussion that spans PT and OT. It wont fit into any one of the other forums.

If there is a SAGA forum, what is the purpose of the individual movie forums like TPM, AOTC and Classic Trilogy?

As others just said, its a place to talk about things that dont fit into any one forum.

If I want to compare the life of Luke and Anakin, where could I take it to get the best discussion? Theres too much Anakin for the CT forum, and too much Luke for the PT forums.

There is a niche just waiting to be filled.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.