main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion This Week in Star Wars! (and The Star Wars Show!) [VIDEO HEAVY]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by green_typewriter, May 10, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That Dave Filoni Cameo was winning! :p

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, I like that the table is a TIE fighter wing.

I liked that, though. They managed to fit a good amount of material into the short runtime. It feels like it needs to stretch its legs a bit, but its definitely got potential to be a very cool and insightful series.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm watching it right now and it's already making me laugh. I can't wait to see what's next for the show.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am still confused about StarWars.com's obsession over Kitster.

Kenobi1138 likes this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I kinda liked it. Maybe we will end up seeing or hearing about him in a book?

KSennia likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That would be Wizard!

7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    That was some pretty good stuff. I've always liked Andi, so that helped. This has some potential.

Most impressive indeed.

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't even know who that is.

9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

That was Anakin's childhood buddy in The Phantom Menace. I think Leia actually met him in Legends EU. Tatooine Ghosts I believe?

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Correct.

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

I haven't forgot all of my Legends EU knowledge yet.

12. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    It made the episode for me :D

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    New episode up in a few minutes!

14. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    I was a fan of the Episode one being controversial joke. I definitely laughed at that one.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

So I think the interviews are the weak point right now. Both kinda meander and it's very clear both hosts aren't experienced enough for that part. Or they just haven't nailed the writing yet and the hosts don't have much to work with. [face_dunno]

But hey! If they have more reveals like that Ciena Ree pic then who cares if half the show is lacklustre. :p

16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Ehhhhhhh after two episodes it seems this show is trying to appeal to a general audience rather than the fans. I mean it's more time interviewing bands and making jokes than showing us some actual cool star wars stuff. I mean they spend like four of the seven minute runtime interviewing a band on how they like star wars (WE ALL LIKE STAR WARS THAT'S WHY WE'RE WATCHING THIS SHOW) and we get a twenty second segment on canonising Ciena's physical look. Plus it seemed liked the show also tried appealing to the horny guys out there with-Daisey Ridley in a sports bra!

17. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Regarding the interviews, it's a combination of weak writing, inexperienced hosts and a lack of editing. The celebrity fans are fun, but they need people with stronger links to the franchise too. Their budget will increase if the show gets enough views.

That Ciena art is glorious though. Vidian next please!

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't know what to make of it - I think it would've made more sense if it offered behind the scenes Q&A, concept art and trivia about Star Wars or other Lucasfilm properties - maybe like an extended version of Rebels recon or like Talking Dead.

La Calavera and TetsuAero like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well it's still treading water, so I'm sure they'll mix things up as they go along, and keep stuff that gets the most positive reception.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I actually liked the "Everything is important!" section with Kister, I always think he's so random that talking about him makes it kind of funnier. Would like more of those bits. As for the 2nd episode, I did like that Anton Yelchin was shamelessly shilling to get in a Star Wars movie, I would think him and the director of Green Room were probably at Skywalker Sound for a mix and the star wars show youtube guys were just like "hey, can you riff for 30 seconds about Star Wars?"

Also Andi Gutizerrz is really pretty and fairly quippy so I'm totally okay with more of these. also I kind of hope they work in a running gag of Dave Filoni being the annoyed next door neighbour, banging on his office wall wanting those kids to keep it down.

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Mmmm, cake. =P~

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I love the Chewbacca lady. Her video was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing.

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Apparently that Death Star's not edible though. :(

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Wait really? I thought that was cake too.

....now I'm sad.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well here's a real DS cake to cheer you up!
    [​IMG]