main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion This Week in Star Wars! (and The Star Wars Show!) [VIDEO HEAVY]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by green_typewriter, May 10, 2016.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    giphy (1).gif

2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Well, the Celebration art and Rogue One reveals were juicy.

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    After I've come to realise that only the thirty seconds of news at the front of the show are worth watching the rest is just cringe worthy filler. Plus who else hates that Yoda statue at the front?

4. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

I can't say I'm loving the Yoda statue, it's super cheesy. I'd like to see a segment where they highlight random SW collectibles, from the kitsch to the sublime.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  5. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I think it's fair to say that this show is the embodiment of all things people feared Disney would do to star wars when Lucas sold it four years ago. Cheesiness, more cheesiness and just when you think it can't get any more cheesy it does!!!

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You've spent to much time at Lit haven't you? :p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

No major news in this episode, but we got some nice variety. Muren is always fascinating (love his interviews in older SW documentaries) and it's cool that they highlighted the Fantasy Flight games.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah him talking about the use of stop-motion versus animatronics in ESB was pretty cool. Also that little Bloodline advert was pretty funny. :leia:

9. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

Angus MacLane is an interesting guest, even if he really is just promoting Finding Dory. I'd love to see them talking to Ben Burtt in a future episode, that guy is fascinating.

10. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    A lot of the guests on these shows have nothing to do with star wars and seem to be only there to promote their own stuff

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah obviously someone didn't fully think the interview segment through. Ah well, at least the first halves of these are pretty good.

12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh huh, they actually did a full interview with Muren, we only saw a fraction of it in the episode.

13. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, my one gripe is the random guests they bring on just because they like SW, but mainly promote their thing like that one band that was on. Should focus on interviewing people who work on SW, like cast and crew.

14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008

I liked the intro with Daniels, but otherwise another forgettable episode.

At least we can say there's a standard in interview guests they can easily meet after they invited Chewbacca Mom onto the show. :p

SilentGuy66 and podjazd like this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Great!

Now, see this is an example of what I'd like to see more of. In-depth discussions with interesting, engaging folks who are linked to Lucasfilm.

16. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I loved everything but the interview. That guy just seemed so... Boring and out of place. Didn't really even seem like he had a deep love for SW other than the cliche "watched it when I was little, the cantina aliens were cool!". Seems just like shameless plugs to random actors or bands who happen to visit Lucasfilm.

Still, I love the news and cool little interludes like David Collins at E3. The hosts also have great chemistry that doesn't feel forced.

SensationalSean and CaptainRegor like this.
  17. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

Yeah, he had a major unfunny comedian vibe about him. And The Do-Over (the movie he was promoting) isn't getting good reviews!

The Daniels, video game and Fett collection segments were great though.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008

OMG no interview! Just segments on stuff that actually has to do with SW! [face_dancing]

19. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    That was the best SW show so far - hope that was not an exception and next week we won't be back to boring comedians.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    First show I managed to watch all the way through for a while- congrats star wars

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This week's show was a real step up.

Whether this is a temporary lift courtesy of the Gerrera news remains to be seen, I suppose.

I'll tell you this: I wouldn't balk at each show featuring a regular check-in with Pablo on the subject of the week.

SensationalSean likes this.
  22. Chubby Farms

Chubby Farms Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2016
    Well, the bar has been set higher. Now I can only hope that it remains at this level (or higher) in the future. I imagine with Rogue One due in 6 months, there should be plenty of news to share. Fingers crossed.

23. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

Yeah, I'd be happy to see a regular segment with Pablo. He and Andi are fun together!

SW is way too rich a franchise for this show to run out of material or have crappy guests. They could even just discuss a Legends novel in a fun way!

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008

Decent offering this week. I liked the insight into the company picnic. And I like Rooster Teeth, so the interview was bearable. I did like that little trivia contest, especially when Blaine couldn't remember Ponda Baba's name, lol.

25. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Anything to do with Lucasfilm history is fun, so the picnic segment was nice! The Rooster Teeth guys have genuine nerd cred and it was so cool that Pablo used the Jedi Master's Quizbook, that's the kind of rich franchise element I referred to before!

Trebor Sabreon likes this.