main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion This Week in Star Wars! (and The Star Wars Show!) [VIDEO HEAVY]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by green_typewriter, May 10, 2016.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

Decent discussion on cosplay and hopes for Rebels S3.

whostheBossk and SensationalSean like this.
  2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Highlighting the ingenuity of the cosplaying community is always great, the puppet Grievous and Kenner Hammerhead ones were so cool! So far, the After Show is proving to be just as good as and suitably different to the main one.

3. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

The Full Filoni. Well worth a watch, what a guy.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

Lol Peter just letting Kevin Smith blab on like that. But I did like that little tribute to Kenny Baker, especially showing the tweets from SW actors.

whostheBossk and Padme501st like this.
  5. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Kevin Smith is like Filoni in that regard; interviewers need to control him a little. The difference is that Filoni is endlessly fascinating to listen to, while Smith goes on a bit too long (and I like the guy!).

The Kenny Baker tribute was nicely done, glad to see them acknowledge the passing of a legend.

6. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

It's cool to hear more about Andi's experience of Battlefront VR. As a side note, I'd love to try it out!

7. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

Smith is pretty good in this short extended interview. I want to hear Filoni's detailed guide to watching the prequels (even though I'm not a hater).

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    The interviews have been great the last few weeks, this show is definitely picking up. I'm glad they are doing this

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
  10. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Trevor Noah seems like a cool guy; I love hearing from people who got into SW with the prequels and during the Dark Times (I am among the latter).

Decent After Show too. I'd like to read a comprehensive history of the Disney parks and SW.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008

I liked the little insight into the relationship the Story Group has with the filmmakers.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  12. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I liked puppies :)
    But overall quite nice show.

13. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Has anyone noticed the coffee table is a TIE Fighter wing?

14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yup

15. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Good episode of the Show! I spotted Rayne Roberts in the row in front of me at the Publishing panel at Celebration Europe and introduced myself, she was fun to talk to.

This week's After Show was decent too, love hearing about people's SW figures and toys.

16. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The Show will be even more awesome as I bet when Rebels returns they'll start putting a preview of the new episode in!

17. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

I reckon they'll leave that to Rebels Recon!

I love anything to do with Rancho Obi-Wan; Steve just seems like a great guy! The Racer Arcade section was poor though, weak references and lazy writing.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008

This was actually a really great discussion. It went beyond topic of the week and allowed the guys just to delve into their love for SW. Cool stuff.

19. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    More collection talk on this week's After Show.

[duplicate video snipped]

It would have been nice to see some photos of their collections!

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The running gag with Andi being a hologram is pretty decent for the last two weeks. And the Racer bit I actually liked because it had a pretty amazing line with the different motivations for the characters "Anakin wants to free his mother and Sebluba wants to embarrass this small child and impress these Twi-Lek girls."

There is one thing in The Star Wars Show that I notice is they say "We'll be right back with The Star Wars show!" like they're throwing to an ad break and they cut to, like, a bumper of BB-8 or something. Or even sometimes they say "We'll be back in a minute with more Star Wars Show" and then, literally about 2 seconds later, there's more Star Wars show! There's no ad break in between, just drives me a tad batty.

21. MatthewZ

Sep 21, 2003
    They are prepping you for the inevitable introduction of commercial breaks.

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  23. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Those stickers are absolutely adorable, I'm gonna have to pick those up at some point. Odds are I'll use them a bunch and annoy my friends. XD

24. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    The sponsored content was painless enough! And the teaser for the trailer was excellent; can't wait to see that and the extended interview with Pablo.

25. MatthewZ

Sep 21, 2003
    Nailed it!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.