The Star Wars Starbucks Reunion Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Sasha Sawyer, Jul 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling

star 4
    SASHA: What would I eat? Ewok of course, Ewok my dear. Either that or screw the eating and steal a space shuttle and jettison into outer space. cya latah suckahs =).

PADMEWAN: Vader showed up! HE SHOWED UP!..but not here yet...hmm only a matter of time....only a matter of time...

Well that does consititute a post....

Thran out.
    "I have a boo boo on my fing fing."
  2. Obi Have Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey THRAN, buddy! Good to see you! And how do you like your ewok...fried, sauteed, or broiled?

Lagniappe, hi! Glad you've joined us here. Great thread on character development; although I must warn you, I am the resident "gusher" on this thread. So, you're from New Orleans, huh? Have you caught any of The Real World from New Orleans show on MTV?

Last year, I actually caught one of the "Real World" episodes being filmed. Or, specifically, I saw a couple of Real World cast members walking on the street while a couple of cameramen chased after them. It was a strange sight. It was the year when the "Real World" took place in Honolulu, Hawaii, my hometown.

Ok, that's it for now.
  3. Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Have: I believe I like my ewok...dead...just dead...well no i've been known to eat an ewoks heart while its still beating, but we won't get into that =).

Everyone: The world has offically become stupid, please follow this link http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/000810/ca_adobe_l.html you will be amazed at how stupid things can get.

Hey here's a question: If you had 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?

my answer: I would spend 1/2 that amount into either march of dimes or to help build a new hospital where I live. And use the rest to pay off debts and pamper me and my parents (they're getting old and senile hehe).

Thran out.

"Sex and fire are great things...but NEVER mix them..."

4. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Just a funny story how classic Starbucks comments appear in the most unexpected of places....

I went to the lake with some friends Wednesday night. The sun was going down and Donny had been trying to get up on skies all afternoon with no success. I mentioned how time was running out and he'd get one more try before it was someone elses turn. Well, he started huffing and puffing, and slapping the water, and I could just swear I saw a tear, so of course out of no where I say "Hey! There's no crying in skiing!"

I dunno. Maybe you had to be there. Anyway, just had to tell ya'll. Later.
  5. Lagniappe Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi Have,

No, I avoid shows like "The Real World," "Survivor" etc. The teacher/negotiator in me always ends up yelling at the television screen.

"No! No! That is NOT what he said. Aren't you listening?"

"Hey, just because you don't agree doesn't mean you can't respect her views!"

"It was a MISUNDERSTANDING, people.... repeat after me, a misunderstanding..."

"How dare you open his mail and read it! Have you know respect for privacy?"

"Grow up, people!"

I keep wanting to BE there so I can have everybody sit down, hold hands and sing kumbaya or something... LOL!!!

Anyway, after getting all bent out of shape over the repeated evidence of humankind's failure to evolve beyond the ego-centric stage, I decided to do my peace of mind and bloodpressure a favor and simply avoid shows that try to exploit sensationalist behavior.
  6. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I guess that means you won't be watching much American tv then. Sensationalism is what sells most around here. "Pandering to the morons" is written on the office door of most television programmers.
  7. Lagniappe Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, you are right. I don't watch a lot of American televsion. I generally watch movies on my VCR, or shows on the History Channel, Discovery, Animal Planet etc.

I do have a few shows I tune in for: X-Files, Stargate SG1, ER, South Park (Don't ask me. I still haven't figured out why this appeals to me) and re-runs of shows I've liked in the past...

8. Obi Have Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Wormie, Lagniappe,

I think the Survivor, Big Brother, Real World reality-based shows appeal to the anthropologist in me. I also am fascinated by how they try to impose narrative structure on real life people and happenings; like how each Real World episodes tries in essence to be a 30 minute drama with beginning, middle, and end. But, of course, real life has a way of not fitting easily within a coherent narrative. Real life narratives tend to be messy and meandering, often taking u-turns and side roads. Speaking of roads, gotta take off!
  9. Padmewan McGregor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I guess we should lay the reunion to rest... it's been a good run, and we broke 200 to boot.

Anyone popping in and seeing this should go to our affiliate site...

http://pub21.ezboard.com/bstarbucks48843

run by the feathery EOWYN.
  10. Sasha Sawyer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think we still have *some* life in us, -- we're the Millennium Falcon of threads, don'tchaknow. Ü

QGTim of the other Starbucks thread said that these threads are the Seinfelds of the forum, since we're about nothing. ü To paraphrase Winnie the Pooh, -- that's what Sasha's do best! So here goes.....

My odd experience of the week, -- have any of you ever heard a sci-fi polka? Honest to goodness, I kid you not. There's this cool coffee shop in town where something's always happening and one night it was filled to the brim and overflowing with little lavendar haired old ladies in their little cotton dresses and little pink sweaters and little white-laced nurse shoes and they were all listening to a woman singing sci-fi polkas! "Find me a little spot of my own on Mars" was honestly one of the lyrics..... very strange. Talk about your niche market.

LAGNIAPPE, hi and welcome! ü It's nice to see you here, I was going to invite you over too, I'm glad MCGREGOR did. And I see that you watch X-Files, -- what did you think of the finale and what do you think of them getting a new partner for Scully? (I've been needing someone to talk to about this, WORMIE defected) And I don't know very much about the southern states, everything I know I learned from John Grisham, Harper Lee, and Mark Twain. ü

THRAN, about the ewoks, to steal a line from "Jungle Book"..... "Now don't let's start THAT again!" ü (But I must admit, I *do* like being called "my dear" ) And I followed your link and I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what they're talking about, if you do you must have a heretofore unrevealed computer geek side.

EOWYN, poor Colleen. :( Nice girls always finish last, and I *so* wanted to see her boot Rich off. Sean is evil, Sean must die. Ü J/K, but I'm beginning to suspect that you're right, Sean has voted FOUR times with the alliance, that's quite a coincidence.... If his display of indecision turns out to have been all a show, then I'm impressed with his acting abilities. Do you think Richard secretly approached him about getting a Yacht breakfast, or do you think it was Sean's feeble attempt to insinuate himself with the alliance's "ringleader"? They know Kelly is swaying and they'll just use him as long as he's convenient.

Seeing Sean's dad was fun (and went a long way to explaining Sean), I always think it's sweet to catch a glimpse of their lives off the island, even Richard's, -- it de-demonizes everyone. The care packages were a nice touch, too, a very "parental" thing to do.

And, Eowyn, are you where the flooding is, or are you managing to avoid it this year?

HUNTER, I can't believe you'd be READING while the world blew up! ü Now THAT's a booklover, I can see now that my devotion to the written word has only been skin deep. I do agree with you about the food thing though, I don't think I'd be too interested in food if I knew the world were ending. Or maybe just one perfect food, like a Satsuma orange, one last taste of Earth's amazingness. If the Earth were exploding I'd try not to think about how much that was going to hurt (ü) and I'd gather with those I love and we'd sit on a hillside, talk and watch the darkness fade, the stars wink out one by one and the sun rise, one last time. I haven't actually seen that many sunrises. Once in high school I had to paint ducks rising from a lake in the early morning and a guy came over and looked at my work over my shoulder and said, "Umm, that's a sunset, not a sunrise". I thought he was teasing, but he took me to watch a sunrise and he was right, they're totally different from sunsets, but I was such a theatre girl I'd never seen one before! Lol!

McGREGOR, hmmm, closing my thread.....I'm gone for a week and everyone has delusions of grandeur... ü

I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time now, -- several times you've mentioned that you enjoy cooking: What do you cook? Do you mean like BBQing type cooking or real, attempt-to-be-a-chef type cooking? Sue Grafton writes these mystery novels where her protagonist lives next door to h
  11. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Sasha, One of my favorite ways of watching a sunrise is to do an all-nighter. Reading a good book is a great way to stay awake till morning. Just as soon as the sky begins to brighten and birds begin chirping, go outside and watch the sun come up. I celebrated my birthday last week by watching a gorgeous sunset while flying over the Catskills in upstate New York. Words can't totally describe the beauty of watching the sun touch the mountain tops. Of course, I had to fly home in the dark, but that was fun too. I looked down at the moonlit landscape as a mirror image of a nearly full moon raced across a small lake. I also love to take off before dawn and watch the sun rise above the horizon. *sigh* It's a beautiful sight to behold.
  12. Padmewan McGregor Jedi Knight

star 3
    SASHA, well, I mean, you just disappeared and all...

HUNTER, I've only been able to catch a few sunrises on planes - mostly I seem to get sunsets, and they're so much less dramatic. What's really cool is when you're moving in the opposite direction of the earth, so the sunrise / sunset gets extended in time...

My cooking: I wouldn't consider myself a great cook, but I do enjoy the "throw it all in the pan / pan and make the room smell great" kind of cooking. Mostly I make lots of pasta and sauce with whatever fresh vegetables, etc. I have on hand. I grow my own basil and parsley, which makes for pretty tasty stuff. I'm not very good at following recipes - I prefer my intuitions.

Cooking with the Force.

You know, sadly, I've never read the King Arthur stories. Are they about the end of magic too? How so?
  13. Lagniappe Jedi Master

star 4
    King Arthur stories.... ah, Sword at Sunset by Rosemary Sutcliffe - one of my absolute favorite books. I cried like a baby while reading that one.

Sasha: Re X-Files. The finale was certainly a sock in the gut, aye? I'm not sure how I feel about it... a bit like I am being manipulated. Like they had to think of the most outrageous thing to get me to tune in again next year...

As for Scully's new partner - well, I really should not be offering opinions when I haven't actually given it a chance but I think it is destined for failure. It seems obvious that Scully will now take the place of the believer, and her partner will be the "new" sceptic, a rehash, IMO.

As much as I like the show, I feel it would be better to wrap it up now than to keep dragging it out... I feel the most recent shows have not been nearly as clever and orignial as the first few seasons, and I would rather have X-Files go out while it still has some spark of creativity than to die a slow and painful death...

X-Files is one show that really needs a guide book to keep straight! I've watched it from the beginning and I STILL don't get all the underlying back plots....
  14. Jedi Eowyn Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll have more time to talk to everyone about everything tonight, but I wanted to get this in while it was still meaningful: about SURVIVOR: I bet Kelly gets voted "off the island" tonight. (Is off the island over to a room at the resort on the other side of the island? And yes, Jenna looks better without makeup!)

Talk to you all later... :)
  15. Sasha Sawyer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ah, you wonderful people. I was hoping that if I stretched and strained my intellectual capacities enough to post on your kind of threads, you'd perchance dumb down enough to come here and chatter away about the trivial and mundane with me! Ü Thank you, thank you. I guess they're right, cast your bread upon the waters....

HUNTER, wow, you paint a beautiful picture...

I'm so intrigued with your gliding, how did you get started? What first sparked your interest and how long did it take from that point until your first solo flight? The thing about gliders is they're so quiet, it seems that's as close as you could ever come to being a bird. Is it like flying in dreams?

Speaking of dreams, McGREGOR I had a dream about you a week or so ago. It was silly and I don't think it reveals anything dramatic or embarassing about my psyche so I'll tell you, --( it was also the first time in my life I've ever had a Star Wars dream). In the dream it was the Jedi purge and apparently I was a Jedi because I had a Ladyhawke type outfit on and I was running through the woods and I ducked down behind some weathered boards, -- the remains of a home's porch floor. After being still and quiet a bit, I chanced a peek over the board and I saw you driving away through the tall trees. It was Autumn and the ground was a solid layer of bright, dry leaves and as you drove thru the path all the leaves would stir up in the air around you. All I could see was the back of your head through the window and you were driving a Garfield landspeeder, -- it was orange and it had slanty cat eyes for tail lights that blinked as you disappeared in the distance. Lol! I bet you've always wanted a car just like that... :)

I like your "cooking with the force" phrase, -- maybe you should write a cookbook, the title alone might garner you some sales! I know I've bought a few copies of "The Star Wars Cookbook" for neices and nephews, -- Wookie Cookies was my favourite. I think it's cool that you grow your own herbs. Do you experiment with different types of basil? An herb I've gotten addicted to is cilantro on the spicier Thai and Vietnamese food, it just somehow completes it.

LAGNIAPPE, my father loves the entire King Arthur legend, the chivalry of it all. He didn't have a father at home growing up and I think he adopted the code of the knights as his own. He had me read the books, but it was when I was very, very young, almost too young to read the words and now my memories of it all are rather confused little girl memories. "The Sword in The Stone" is also my favourite animation, and add to that the fact that my parents had a Broadway recording of "Camelot" with Julie Andrews and Richard Burton which they played continuously and you can see that I no longer know what's legend and what's Hollywood. (and we won't even mention the Richard Gere version...) All I can really remember now is it seems that Merlin lives life backwards, right? Something I thought was cool and I hope I didn't make up. And they don't show that in the Disney version so that must be in the book... And I remember the poignancy of the fall of Camelot, but see, that's from the recording, from hearing Richard Burton sing that there "once was a place...." Sooooo haunting, ...that's where I get my impression that Camelot is about the end of magic. Ok, all this talk about it is stirring up my interest, I think I'll put that and the book you mentioned on my "to read" list, -- what a good influence you all are. :)

About "X-Files", I don't try to keep up with "the plot", I consider that all mumbo-jumbo and simply their excuse for existence. I live for the off week shows, the episodes where they have fun or don't delve into the whole conspiracy thing. Like the one where the girl had Luke Skywalker's baby. Ü And as for Scully's new partner, I agree, I think they should try a new dynamic, -- done right it could be an opportunity to breathe life back into the show. I think it would be fun if they didn't create him as either a believer or a non-believer but more as a redb
  16. Padmewan McGregor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just a quickie... SASHA, I do own the Star Wars cookbook, a friend gave it to me last Christmas. Haven't tried any of the recipes yet, though.

As for herbs, I'm really more into growing things than eating them, though it's great to have fresh herbs, it's in part because I feel bad for the herbs I buy because they're dying. Kinda weird morality scheme, eh?

As for your name, wasn't it featured in a Don Bluth film?

X-FILES: I was a converted fan, but dropped it pretty quickly because I converted too late - the show was already going downhill. When I was living in DC I actually had cable and watched the X-Files every night at 11 pm - caught up on a lot of old episodes that way. What got me hooked was the special episode I saw on TV right before I left NY for DC when they went over the history of the X-Files and interviewed the actors about their characters... I saw how much depth there was and the really intriguing relationship b/t Mulder - Scully. But then that went overboard too.

So all this about a new partner is news to me, though I'm not surprised - Duchovony was a stuck-up prick. (Princeton man) Though I admit he was cute.

As for where I live, I thought you knew all about it SASHA. I'll describe it next time...
  17. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Sasha, A long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away, I started flying gliders. Higher education interrupted my flight training and I never soloed. I finally soloed an airplane after graduating from my university and became a certificated pilot. I didn't have time to fly gliders because work kept me busy. Eventually, I took a vacation in sunny Arizona and soloed a glider.

I still can't decide whether flying is like dreaming or if dreaming is like flying. I guess they're the same. Airline flying has little in common with soaring. There's a world of difference between sitting in a semi-reclined position inside a Plexiglas canopy and trying to look through a tiny window in a airliner.

One of the reasons the windows in jets are hard to see through is that the actual glass is protected by an inner pane of plastic. If pressurized windows in a jet are touched, scratches are a possibility. The tiniest scratch or defect in a window for a pressurized aircraft requires immediate replacement. Replacing a single window can cost more than several entire sets of EU novels, the classic trilogy, TPM, and every set of John Williams Star Wars albums. That is why the actual windows are covered up with cheap plastic covers, that are easily scratched, and so hazy that it's hard to see a good sunset. What I see through my canopy is several times better. I even have windows that I can open for an entirely unobstructed view. It's like the difference between riding in a crowded bus and driving a convertible sports car. The best part of flying is that I can turn my aircraft around to see better. Try doing that on public transport-category aircraft. Oddly enough, I only started flying with the airlines so I could travel to Arizona and Nevada. These are the two soaring meccas in the States.

I once landed a glider while it was starting to snow. I had trouble describing what it felt like. Another pilot said that it's like hyperspace. I felt like I was in a tunnel formed by white streaks all around me. It's amazing how references to Star Wars occur in rather unusual circumstances.

Padmewan McGregor, do you have any recipes to share with us? I have a recipe book that's hard to find since it has been out of print for some time. It's a book by a group of famous science fiction writers. I believe that the book was used as a fund raiser for the SFFWA.

~ Hunter of the Winds ~
  18. Snobiwan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Back to the Original Questions...

1. If you could be any character in any of the Star Wars MOVIES, and live ONE day of their movie life - Who would you be and what day would you want?

I would like to be Luke, in the Final Lightsabre Duel with Darth Vader...

2. What's the worst movie you've ever seen and why?

I can't think of the worst, but just recently I watched K-911 (sequel to k9). That was crap. Terrible acting, pittiful realism, poor humor, minimal action... It was pure crap.

3. Which would you rather do, -- Pod Race, Trench Run, or Lightsabre Duel?

The Trench run would be awesome, as would the pod race, but if I could own the Lightsabre I would definitely choose the Duel...

4. Name something odd/strange that you like.

I like - the smell of aircraft exhaust...

5. When you order a double scoop ice cream cone, what flavors do you usually order?

Chocolate and Mango.

6. If you wear a perfume or cologne, what kind?

Brut.

7. What things have you been turning to recently for entertainment? (tv, books, sports, etc)

Beach Volleyball and Computer Games.
  19. Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, seeing as I've become a regular around the Starbucks EZ-Board -- Jedi Eowyn's fault -- I'll just sign in here, answer the poll, and pretend I know y'all in true "reunion" fashion. ;)

1. If you could be any character in any of the Star Wars MOVIES, and live ONE day of their movie life - Who would you be and what day would you want?

Ric Olié, on the fateful day of the Federation invasion. Not only does an ordinary schmoe get to save the queen and blast past a blockade making obvious remarks, but he gets to sit in the cockpit with Obi-wan that whole time Qui-Gon is goofing around on Tatooine. ;)

2. What's the worst movie you've ever seen and why?

Oooh, toughie. Probably "Kids", or "Batman & Robin."

3. Which would you rather do, -- Pod Race, Trench Run, or Lightsabre Duel?

Lightsabre duel, all the way.

4. Name something odd/strange that you like.

I love feet.
    I'm not Scottish but I like haggis.
    I've also been told that the whole eggplant thing is odd.

5. When you order a double scoop ice cream cone, what flavors do you usually order?

1 - Death By Chocolate
    1 - either Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, or Rocky Road.

6. If you wear a perfume or cologne, what kind?

I switch back and forth between Ici and Sunflowers.

7. What things have you been turning to recently for entertainment? (tv, books, sports, etc)

Besides my endless barrage of movies? Swimming and tennis. It's summer!
  20. Lagniappe Jedi Master

star 4
    Sasha,

I address this to you, and hope others forgive me for joining the party and monopolizing one guest...:)

Re Merlin: No, you are not mistaken. You probably heard the idea of the Wizard living backwards from T.H. White's version of the legend, The Once and Future King. I think that is right, though it has been several years since I read that one. It was the book they adapted to the animated film, I believe...

Incidently, I am still waiting for someone to catch this legend on film in the way "I" would like to see it... I hated Excaliber - to dark and dreary. And Richard Gere... um... sorry, nope. Actually, Monty Python is responsible for my favorite rendition so far... and in saying that, I say alot. I did really like the HBO stage version with Richard Harris that was one several years ago. But I am still waiting for the definitive silver screen version.

As to where I live. Presently, the midwest... and when I look out my window eveything is very flat and very empty... I find it boring. I have had to get used to those things most people call "seasons." Growing up in New Orleans, we had one season - summer - and it lasted all year. Round here, they have this autumn thing, when all the leaves turn pretty colors and fall off the trees... and then blow into my driveway where I have to keep sweeping them up! And then they have this other thing called winter... which reminds me of the old phrase "A nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there..." That is kind of how I feel about winter. It is COLD. And your car does not want to start. And my feet freeze in November and don't thaw out till April. And for about six months of the year I have to wear sixteen layers of clothes. And snow is beautiful till you have to drive in it, and scrape it off your car....and I never knew there were DIFFERENT kinds of snow... wet snow, and dry snow and heavy snow and light snow... wow. I am becoming a snow connoisseur...

Actually, most people here probably know a lot more about winter than I. I am in the process of learning... and in a way it has been delightful - like being a child again. But, unfortunately, it has also been a pain in the butt!

I would really like to describe New Orleans to you, as it is such a unique place - and will always be home. However, I am not sure one CAN describe it. You really have to experience it to understand...

It has a "presence"... almost like it is alive... and it gets into your bones and blood. It has a smell... a rich smell, damp and full of living, growing things. The oak trees spread out their great boughs over the city, shrouding everything in a speckled veil of shadow and light... and on summer evenings you sit on your stoop (front steps) and listen to the cicada's drone...throbbing like the heart beat of the city. Sometimes you hear the distant rumble of thunder, a deep bass note that shakes the ground beneath your feet. And you sit there and drink fresh brewed iced tea - Southern sweet (which means at LEAST three teaspoons of sugar) and the glass condenses so quickly because of the tropical humidity and the drops fall and leave momentary chills on bare patches of skin where they land. And the air is like a great sultry blanket wrapping around you. And there is a sense of waiting for something to happen... and nothing ever does, or everything does...

*sigh*

Of course I won't mention the coackroaches big enough to qualify as pets, or the termites that are eating the beautiful bric-a-brac houses, or the mosquites that are eating the people, or the crime, or the filth, or the floods, or the buckling streets....

Course, there aren't any tornados there either - another thing they have here that I am trying to get used to...

"What do you mean I have to go crouch in the basement at 3:00 am with the spiders cause the siren went off? Are you crazy?"
  21. Padmewan McGregor Jedi Knight

star 3
    SEYRAH, good to see you drop by... things here have been quiet recently, always a pleasure to introduce you to the old boy's network (no way to de-gender that and have it make sense, i'm afraid).

SNOWBIWAN, welcome as well -- pull up a chair and grab a coffee on the house, eh? Looks like business has been slow recently...

God what a week. When you work for yourself, the problem is you don't really get weekends, either.

Any of you from the northeast? Hasn't this just been the weirdest summer ever? I've never, never seen it this cold or this wet! Ridiculous. It rains every other day. Sun is like out of the question. I remember there used to be drought warnings back when I was kid... Now, no one even needs to water the lawn anymore! What's with these 60 degree days?

Anyway, when I look out my window I look at the butt side of my complex, where the loading dock is. I once had a beautiful view of the courtyard but I've been unceremoniously "promoted" to a larger, uglier room. Out the other windows I see the elementary school across the street, which is nice when the kids start screaming come September. I meant streaming :)

I'm actually very much in love with this town (Cambridge MA), I've been here a total of 6 years now and it's more home than anywhere else I've been.
  22. Sasha Sawyer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm just hear to add my ditto to the first part of McGREGOR's post (welcome you new Starbuckers!). For the last two days I've been helping some friends out which means I've had eleven children under the age of ten in my home...... I am totally, completely, every smidge of me exhausted, (but I also now have documentation to back up my contention that no self-respecting nine year old boy says "yippee)". Their exodus home begins tomorrow evening after a day at the fair, so maybe sometime soon, if I can still move, I'll be able to log in and give you a child's eye view of TPM, -- I made them all watch it. :)

You guys have been posting all sorts of neat stuff, you're wonderful reads and I like knowing you.

23. Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks you guys. I'll gratefully accept my welcome to the officially gender-neuter "old boys" network. :)

Yes, I'm from the northest . . . sorta -- South-Central Pennsylvania. I live about an hour north of the Mason-Dixon line, so I guess I don't quite get it when you complain about the cold. The wet, YES. It has been raining too much . . . but at least it's stayed above seventy degrees for the most part. However, when it's cloudy like this, it gets cold at the pool . . .

Yes, yes, I know, life is rough. :)

24. Rhui Chatar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, but it doesn't matter cos next week is gonna be just a much fun....

McGregor~
    NorthEast? yup that's me. Mass. Refugee. I fled the old country some 20 years hence for the wilds of NH and have never looked back. Ocassionally I find myself longing for Joe's Pizza, the Old Plow and Stars or the books stores of Brattle Street but a quick reminder of the Tobin Loops and Storrow Drive pretty much keeps me here, where I belong.

I can sympathize with your work environment issue. I used to have a corner WITH a window and I could watch the wild turkeys, bear and moose in the parking lot. It tendeded to keep ones mind in the Real World. I have since been 'promoted' to a cube in another bldg. with a lower ceiling and denser population and find my only contact with the outside world is intellicast radar website- and JC.N of course, but we all know that's not real!

This is the first time that I can remember having Mud Season in August. The foliage is going to be spectacular this year because the tree have just exploded with all the rain.

But be assured It will change.. soon.
    A Lapsang SouChong please, Straight up!
  25. Padmewan McGregor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Too many Starbucks to keep track of! We'll soon need a Starbucks index thread or something...

BTW, EOWYN, are these going to be archived too one day? SEYRAH and RHUI showing up remind me of that day a year ago when VADER and... was it OBI HAVE?... showed up, on the same day. A city in cyberspace, we are.

RHUI, I would have guessed some sort of Boston connection... just a feeling. Where's Joe's Pizza? And I don't know how many of the old bookstores remain on Brattle... :(

(I'm a bit curious about where SHAR KIDA hails from...)

ok, now for real work. on saturday night. yipiiiiiiiiieee!!!!!

(Dying for your report, SASHA. I've developed an obsession for finding SW virgins and asking them what they think of TPM... sounds a bit sinister / perverted doesn't it? Not that I know too many. My girlfriend is one -- saw it last week on video -- didn't like it at all. But, then again, she also fell asleep while we were watching ESB one night.)
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.