The Star Wars Trilogy DVD Party: A Joint Tipoca City/Victory Base Production

Discussion in 'Western Canada Regional Forum' started by TIEPilot051999, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    Hey, everybody. Me and Rani have been talking for the past few days about how our two Fan Force groups can plan a party celebrating the release of the Classic SW trilogy. We both assumed that since we were both planning seperate events, that it would be even better for the two of us to come together and make an activity as memorable as the last time our two groups worked together. (That being the IMAX Clones screening.)

We're still a good two months away, so we have plenty of time to boil down specifics. All we know right now is that the time for this activity is currently September 25th, the weekend following the DVD release. The two of us will be discussing in the coming months many of the things that will be required to make this activity a great one.

And that's where you guys come in. If you happen to have any suggestions about what can help this activity, feel free to post them here or to PM/E-Mail/IM either myself or Rani.

And remember, everybody: On VHS, it was okay, but on DVD, Han never looked so good in carbonite. *

* = Rani made me say that. :p
  2. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Han never looked so good in carbonite.

Carbonite, nothin! It's those tight pants I'm looking forward to seeing Harrison Ford in! [face_love] =P~
  3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    This is a great idea. We sure had fun the last time we did a joint event, and this one could be such a hoot, too! Count me in!

*Derisa*
  4. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Most likely I can bring any `Basers that want to come over in the "Centennial Falcon". If we're doing anything besides watching the DVD's themselves, though, such as grabbing a bite to eat somewhere, we're going to need carpooling vehicles for the Tipoca folks too. My van seats 8, but I'd like to think we'll have more than that at the party. ;)

If, by contrast, only one or two people from mainland are interested in the party, they can walk on the ferry and we can pick them up and drive them around over here, perhaps?
  5. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, I don't know how many people from over there are coming, but considering that, at present, my group has only three active people, I don't think we should have much trouble, unless some other people decide to come back between now and then.
  6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like there are a few more active folks posting now: lots of people have come out of the woodwork! So we need to settle where this is going to be held, at the Base or in the City. Ideas, pros, cons?

*Derisa*

7. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, I'd love to visit the base, in return for hosting you guys back at the IMAX Clones, but I honestly don't see that working out. And I'll have to contact Dan, and see if he wants to host this activity, but unless he says yes, I'm not completly sure we can pull it off here, either.

I'm perfectly up for a trip to the Base, though, if the planets are in alignment that day. But you have to remember that I'll be back in school by that time, and can't really afford to spend a great deal of time there.
  8. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Do your homework on the ferry! It's 90 minutes each way! :) We can probably put people up for the night over here too, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

We'll throw a big party, and watch DVDs until our eyes hurt! :p

Ferry fare is only about $10 per walk-on each way. We'll take care of everything else, how about it?
  9. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
  10. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    It would be really awesome to host a bunch of you for the weekend: watch DVDs and show you the sights of our lovely hometown!

Think about it, please!

*Derisa*
  11. lord-darkhelmet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Visiting Victoria sounds like fun - the only thing I'm not sure of right now is the date. As it's close to my birthday, and I'm not sure which weekend I will be celebrating with friends/family. It will be either the weekend of the 25th or the one before. I will attempt to have all birthday-like celebrations the weekend before and have the next weekend free for the DVD party.
  12. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    (Psst, Derisa, remind me to add a birthday cake to the party shopping list...) :D
  13. Azeria_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man, I'm all excited already. Count me in.
  14. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
  15. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
  16. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    SO have we settled on a location yet? Is it happening on the mainland or on the Island? We should start our serious planning phase, kids, and that means a site! :)

*Derisa*
  17. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, I've set up my class schedule for next semester, and I've got the Friday free. So I think that if we were to meet up with you at the SeaBus station on Friday afternoon, we could be in Victoria by the evening, we could have our activity on Saturday, and that we could head back to Vancouver on Sunday morning.

Of course, I really need to know if there is anyone besides me who is interested in going. Rachel said she might if it doesn't conflict with her schedule, and I'm not too sure about anyone else.
  18. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    At this point, it might be better to arrange something on the mainland, if that works for you guys. We don't seem to have a location for the party on this side, and another committment on the mainland has come up which Derisa is obliged to attend, and I'll likely be doing so as well, though I haven't made a final decision yet.

If the party ends up in Vancouver, what I *could* do is drive over any Victorians that want to attend, if they pay their own walk-on ferry fee. There also seems to be more interest in a FanForce party in Vancouver than there is here, since a local pub is hosting a party the night of the release itself, so it would make sense that you guys shouldn't have to travel more than us...this time. ;) :p
  19. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    I guess we could do something over here, although I don't exactly know where we can do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.