main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW The StarWars Tv Series.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MASTER-OF-EVIL, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

And when you say "man", I assume you mean Lucas ?

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Actually, I meant McCallum, I'll believe he said that when I can see an official source on that statement.

3. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Well, apparently, this is what RM said at a press conference for the Japenese premiere of ROTS (published in a Japanese Newspaper):

The story will take place in about 20 year span between Episode 3 and Episode 4.
    It will depict how characters end up being together (didn?t mention who).
    It will depict how Luke grows up.

Sounds like TAKEN ...

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    If that comment was made before about 5 weeks ago, then it's no longer relevant.

5. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Boooring. The kid grows up on a moisture farm. Doesn't sound all that entertaining to me.

6. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    ...and whinges about going to Toshe Station!

7. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    and has no force abilities.

I still think if this goes ahead its a bad idea.

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Seriously guys, I wouldn't worry about it ;)

9. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    And aparently writers are being hired meaning more progress, slow progress, but progress non the less!

And write they will, in Lucas' ranch of all places.

Also in the article which u r lead to from theforce.net main page, it mentions that the series will be 50 hours not 100 and that if focuss on imperial bounty hunters...

IMO such a perspective could not be sustained.

10. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Again, leading me to suspect it will be a Young Indy style series involving Boba Fett ...

Hey, maybe not. But it seems to be Lucas' style. And it fits.

(He's apparently considering doing a prequel Indy film after Indy 4 about young Indy...)

11. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Well Lucas said earlier in the year that he will use Daniel Logan as Boba Fett for the new series so maybe it will be based around Fett he said its a strong idea he had in mind for the live action TV series.

12. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Every week we get to hear Daniel Logan yell "Fireeee". Yippee.

13. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Well it looks to me like Oz was right.

This is an excert from Rick Macallum from an audio link on Hyperspace. So if they are making people pay for Hyperspace I would assume its relevent.
    Its interesting, because apparently he is using alot of EU characters. Something that a lot of people said would not happen because GL hates EU!!

Q: (Is the animated TV show going to be handled by the same people who did Clone Wars?)
    A: The animation is being done right now at the Ranch (Rob Coleman would be answer to more about it). Right now it's just conceptual work. George is going to try and get 13 scripts done first, and then all of that will start happening about the end of March. The live-action series is being scheduled for the beginning of 2007, they're just starting to interview writers and they are figuring out the direction. "It is going to be much darker, much grittier, and much more character-based". George envisions 100 hours of story between Episodes III and IV. "With a lot of characters that we haven't met, but that have been developed in the novels or other things". They're excited because they see this as an opportunity to answer, once and for all, some people's questions.

14. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    That sounds great Darth Punk. It will be good to see some of the EU characters in the live-action series. Keep the news coming in.

MASTER-OF-EVIL[face_devil]

15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Of course they will use EU stuff, that way he avoids any silly Chewbacca is a sith EU bullcr*p that I'm sure would creep in otherwise.

16. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    one of the recent news stories on the tfn mainpage is implying that the new cartoon series is about the clone wars. If this is so, why did they bother with the 2 volumes of CLone Wars with Cartoon network, imo it just seems silly to do two series of it.

but thats just how i see it

17. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Maybe: one series to gage audience reaction, and then another to profit from its popularity...
    Or one series which, when deemed popular, did not originally immediately precede Ep. II, so they made a second. Maybe... :p

18. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    i think they will be based on the young boba fett books possibly hey and thers been no more news on this show is it still going ahead or is it a lil slow being produced

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Short answer: It's on hiatus pending some creative decisions.

Long answer (AKA the real answer): For that one, you'd have to ask me in person, and I'd have to trust you enough to not go posting it.

20. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    S_M you have always come across as a shady cahracter, and it badazzles me in trying to figure out what sort of position you have gotten into to have become a know-all in a situation such as this.

21. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    hey sith u can reply to my PM or tell su here seeign as well all anxoius to know mate?? D_B

22. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    I imagine that means it won't be posted, so I don't think we should wait anxiously here... :p

23. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    probly ur right

24. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Thank you for the common sense Deto.

You can all stop PMing me now. I thought I was pretty clear. I'll be at Skyforce and you can ask me quietly.

Cost: 2 beers.

25. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Uh, I don't think 14 year olds can buy beer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.