main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Staying Healthy Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Taeriel, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I started feeling sick at the con on Saturday...bits of sinus pressure, drainage, sore throat. Stayed up pretty much all night on Sunday and woke up Monday morning to an evil cough....and I aint been right since.

2. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I had a sore throat on Monday on the way back from the con. I was hoping it was just from talking over lots of noise and not a cold. Unfortunatly it is a cold. I have had a stuffy runny nose and cough ever since. At least it waited till the con was over! Plus I haven't felt that bad--I sound worse than I feel.

3. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I sound much worse than I feel. I actually dont feel that horrible.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    It doesn't look good. One nephew came down with a cold Thurs morning, the other this morning. My mom started getting a sore throat this evening; JMO is getting a stuffy nose. I picked up something called "Airborne", which someone recommended as good to take when you've been around people with colds, but I don't know if it will be enough or in time. [face_plain]

5. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Well, my sickness turned into a sinus infection that is kicking my patootie. I really thought it would be better in time for starfest, but NO. :(

I missed work on Wednesday, and went to the doctor, and then came home early on Friday and slept from about 4pm until 7 am the next day. Saturday was spent in a daze of sinus pain and well, weirdness is the best way to describe it. (Time was moving strangely and I felt unattached to the earth. /shrug )

I slept all of today, and am now trying to catch up the work I missed from last week, and am about to eat my first meal of the day. Sad thing is, I don't feel that much better either. [face_plain]

The only good news is that this is the first bad sinus infection i've had since my surgery last November, and I used to get one every 3-6 weeks.

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ok...i have been nauseated since sunday. i wake up with it. when i eat i get it...the thing is i have to eat or i will get sick from low blood sugar.

I just wish if i was going to get sick i would get sick and get it over with instead of this constant sickening feeling as if i am going to loose my cookies at a moments notice.

other than that...i didn't get the usual head sickness i tend to get at a convention...EVEN with two conventions in a row!! :) woohoo

so i guess i am thankful for small blessings!

7. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Don't worry it's going around. I've had a real bad cough for a few days. It's gotten worse. I hope it's not, but I think it is, a lung infection or bronchitis. I was running a 100 degree temp last night. I plan on being well for Ep III.

8. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I'm feeling better, but I sound WORSE. :p

I have a nice deep, scratchy voice right now. It's kinda freaking me out a little.

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ooo... do you have post bronchitis baritone RDT?? :D

I had that once. Freaked people out on the phone :)

I found lots and lots of halls helped.

10. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, the Airborne stuff may actually work. I've thought I was coming down with the cold a couple of times, but it's never actually materialized. I'd definitely recommend the stuff.

11. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey

this is an FYI for any of you I saw last weekend who hasn't had chicken pox

I have been diagnosed with shingles, and since I had the rash over the weekend I would have been capable of spreading chicken pox to those who haven't had it

back to my pain drugs

12. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    My mother was diagnosed with shingles on Tuesday. She says it really hurts!!! I am so sorry for you and I hope you feel better soon!

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm clear... Had a mild case when I was 13, but I've been exposed many times since then, so I'm pretty sure that I'm good :)

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ouch Becca, hope you feel better!

15. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I've had them, but shingles is what you get when you've already had chicken pox, right? And yes, I heard they hurt to high heaven (how ever bad that is?) :D

Hope you feel better. So Kaety does that mean your kids will get chicken pox's? They were with your mother right?

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i think that this should just be named staying illness free.

WELLL, i did ok upto last friday...i knew it was coming on. i was standing in line for ROTS and said...i feel the bronchitus coming on.

and here is it...days later and five days on drugs later...still with me. sometimes i think this is worse than having it in the winter. especially with the hot days we have been having.

Ok i am just complaining...i don't feel good at all and i want my mom. ;)

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Per Nnay's suggestion, I went back and changed the subject line to reflect that Episode 3 is over... though our need to remain healthy is still here.

Airborne: This is some sort of cold-prevention stuff; I think I mentioned it before. I had my doubts, but I've got to say I'm really impressed so far. My nephews are going on their second cold in the last 2 months, but my mom and I have remained cold-free. Usually at least one if not both of us would catch it. It could be a coincidence, but I really am starting to think there's something to this airborne stuff. So I'd highly recommend people give it a try, if you've been around someone who's sick.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yes i called the doctor this morning...i have been sick since thursday or so.

she gave me some anti-bodics. i said, hey they aren't working. she said...well that was the silver bullet, if that didn't work then there isn't anything i can really do.

she said...it is probably due to stress. i was thinking...stress? what do i have to be stressed out about? LOL

19. Sithis

Sithis Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2005
    if strong health you must have, strong with the force you must be

20. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I've been sick for about a week. [face_plain] At least I don't have school...

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah well the force hasn't been with me too much lately.

but this princess is going to be going to be EARLY tonight!!!

22. Sithis

Sithis Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2005
    nnaydolem; pardon for asking so late, but early for what?

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Day 4 without caffeine. After having too much a few days last week (with corresponding symptoms like I had at C3... you'd think I'd learn), I cut back for a day or two and then cut it out.

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    with corresponding symptoms like I had at C3... you'd think I'd learn

Maybe I'm just weird, but the few times we stood/sat and talked at C3, you seemed pretty laid back and normal. Did I miss something?

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i am totally lost, but then now a days that isn't saying much.

i am still getting over my crap that i got at the midnite showing. that is the thing with bronchitus and asthma it stays on FOREVER!!

she says as she coughs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.