main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Steam Chronicles

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Penguinator, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick Whatson
    The docks

Rick was in such a hurry to get to quincy in time that he ran straight into abigail,ruining the conversation.emberassed and out of breath,Rick steadied himself and bowed lowly."The names Rick Whatson,Mi'lady,Sorry 'bout the collision.And hello Mr.shackleford!Thank you soooo much for letting me on this expedition.Ya really don't know how much this means to me.".Rick didn't bother to introduce himself to the scruffy lookin' character,He gave him the chills.

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    OOC-Oh so we're riding like a boat? I assumed we were going on like a blimp type thing like the one from The Mummy 2.

IC Coan Fitzpatrick III
    Streets

Conan was sprinting towards the docks. He had lost track of time and was running a little late, this was always a bad habit of his. As he ran through the crowded streets of London, he kept one hand on his head to keep his hat from falling, and his other hand clutched tightly on his brown, leather duffel bag which was hitting at his thigh. He pushed past the crowds of London Commoners as the docks approached.

At the Docks

Conan took a brief moment to stop and look at a small piece of paper in his pocket which gave the directions to the ship. He memorized the writing, and continued on his way looking for the appropriate dock.

He stood out like a sore thumb. The sailors and other workers on the waterfront were tough blue color Londoners, while he was a more Sophisticated Irish Man.

He arrived at the dock and saw several people were already there. He approached the man he reconized from the paper as Quincy Shakleford.

"Conan...Fitzpatrick...I'm sorry...I'm late." Conan was out of breath from his sprint accross London and had to take a deep breath between words.

TAG-Quincy, Others

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Quincy

Quincy clapped his hands together.

'Wonderful! I'm glad you've all made it. Now, if only those three would arrive... Ah, well, we're already a bit ahead of my schedule, I'm sure that we have time to get settled in. Captain Clere, if you'd be so kind..." said Quincy, motioning towards the boat.

He coudn't help but wonder what had happened to Heckle and Anderson. This expedition was sure to fail without them. They needed the two men as a safet precaution. And when he had hired them, he could nearly hear their thoughts. He knew that he had looked like an eccentric treasure hunter, but Quincy was sure of the danger level. The Translated map had almost guaranteed it.

Asad

Asad was quite eager to begin the expedition.

Not because of the treasure, or the glory, or the knowledge. Because he knew that none of these people would survive the journey. Asad was an insider for an ancient organization, an organization bent on keeping the island secret.

And it was up to him to help the others on board...

Tag: Anyone

4. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    IC: Abigail Clere

Gail put a bit of strength into her grip on Quincy?s hand.

?I see you?re a bit surprised there, Shackleford? she told him with a grin. ?No worries there, Sir. I get that face quite often. I can assure you, my being a woman does not make me any less better out in sea than any man.?

She drew back her hand and placed it on her hip. ?Yes, the blimp got in alright and easy. We should be ready to set sail by noon. And isn?t that Whatson coming there??

Gail couldn?t finish before Whatson rammed into her. She stood up straight and looked at the man.

?The name?s Rick Whatson, Milady. Sorry 'bout the collision? he said bowing.

?No harm done, kiddo? Gail assured him.

?And hello Mr. Shackleford! Thank you soooo much for letting me on this expedition. Ya really don't know how much this means to me.?

Another man reached the docks and approached them. "Conan...Fitzpatrick...I'm sorry...I'm late.?

?Wonderful! I'm glad you've all made it. Now, if only those three would arrive... Ah, well, we're already a bit ahead of my schedule, I'm sure that we have time to get settled in. Captain Clere, if you'd be so kind..." said Quincy, motioning towards the boat.

?But of course, Sir. Step right in? answered Gail, leading the way up the ramp.

TAG: Quincy, others

5. Lucki

Lucki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2006
    Maggie Brenners

Maggie scurried from her cab and hoisted three suitcases and a briefcase and some sort of backpack thing. Hurriedly assuring the driver that she would be fine, she raced up onto the....well she never could remeber boat terms she raced to where the others were.

Maggie was a very petite and carrying all of that stuff was obscuring her vision, so being the klutz that she was she tripped. She landed on her stomach, her chin scraping against the floor and her things flying everywhere. She lay stunned for a moment and than mentally berated herself for being so clumsy. This was not how a Duchess was supposed to make her entrance.

6. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick walked into the ship,impressed."You've got a fine ship here,Maam!".He started to wander around the ship,touching things he probobly should'nt be touching."Hey,what happened to the other two members of the expedition?Hope they're all right."

7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy

Quincy walked up the ramp, and felt wonderful.

When he arrived in the ship, Whatson was already looking around at nigh on everything.

"I'm not sure, but that is a good question. Asad? Drop off the bags, then come with me. We're heading up the crow's nest."

Asad nodded, a smile on his face, but the minute he was in the cabin, the smile vanished. Tonigh would be a night of celebration: all traces of the island would soon be gone.

Tag: Any, Jeb, DVC

8. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Tate Heckle
    Docks

The buggy pulled up to the docks as a group of people began to board the ship...immediatly, he spotted the man who'd hired him.

Rich bugger.

Tate hopped from the horse drawn vechicle, Rifle scabbord slung over his back and a small weather beaten bag holding the rest of his belongings. Save his pistols, which never left his side.

"That'll b' Three pounds." The buggy driver spoke to him, Tate turning to face him. Tate manuevered his hand around his back, and pulled two bullets from his belt, placing them in the man's outstretched hand.
    "That should about cover it."
    "Bloody hell it will! What the 'ell are thes'?"
    "Silver Bullets." He said matter-of-factly.
    "Oi, who'ju thin' you are? Van Helsing? I only take mon'y..."
    "You can take those two silver bullets in your hand..." Tate said, brushing his coat back with his right hand and letting it rest on his pistol butt "...Or two lead ones in your chest." He finished.

The driver didn't answer, just left.

Tate turned back to the ship, and quickly made his way down to the ramp where the others were.
    Poor Fragger...they weren't even silver...

He stepped onto the ramp behind rest of the group, tattered hat pulled down over his eyes, and mumbled an appology.

"Serry I'm late."

Tag: All

9. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    Irvin J. Anderson
    London, England - Industrial Capital - Several Miles from Docks

Bee-beeeeeep!!

That was the shrieking sound of a Taxi cab's horn, the same cab in which the esteemed range Sniper Irvin Anderson took his seat. He was in the backseat, a worn briefcase at his side, his fedora sitting above it. On his lap, shrouded within a leather bag of according shape, was his most prized possesion; the only she he'd ever come across that ever really amounted to anything.

He jumped back slightly at the abrupt, shrill noise of the cab's horn. The driver, a half-drunk Brit with a moustache that even El Zorro himself would find odd in shape and excessive in length, attempted to scare away a small gang of trouble-making teenagers who'd kicked their Football (or Soccer ball, for us Americans) right into the center of the already busy road.

"'Oy, you bloody wanka' kids! Get tha' Hell off 'o tha' ROAD!!". Indeed the kids moved, but they were far from frightened, Hell, they were amused at the fact that their plan had worked so smoothly. "Ah tell ya', I jus' wish that I could run tha' lil' bastuds ova' and not have to worry about tha' stupid authorities...they deserve it, ya' know", the odd man said, eyeing Irvin through the corner of his eye as he downed a swig of whiskey from a hidden flask. "Try not ta' tell anybody.. Ah need to keep mah reputation strong - if yer know what I mean.. a-hehe-.."

Irvin cut him off, obviously annoyed by the man's sheer stupidity and ignorance. "Listen to me, you overgrown turd. I paid you in advance so that you'd take me from point A, to point B. Not to hear you squabble endlessly over a bunch of rotten kids who can't hold on to their ball."

The man was about to object, when suddenly he heard a distinct cra-crink!. "You were sayin'?..." The cab sped down the road, intercepting a dozen vehicles along the way. Within mere seconds they'd reached their destination.

Irvin grabbed his things, placed his hat on his head, and stepped out. A few feet later he was near the ramp, behind what seemed like the entire crew. A low breeze brushed along Irvin's face, as he licked his moustache subtley. It was obvious to him that noone had noticed his arrival, which didn't bother him at all. Infact, he enjoyed lack of attention for the most part. He reached into a shirt pocket and pulled out a cigar, Cuban, and lit it, bringing it up to his lips.

He munched on the butt of it for a while, biding his time, and when they were finally approaching the main entrance at the side of the ship, he belted out...

"The name's Anderson! Irvin J. Anderson!"

Tag: Crew

10. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick examined the complete crew...there was something a little eerie about them.He wondered what led quincy to hire such seedy characters.Well,luckily Rick was used to seedy types.
    "Well,the sooner we cast off the better!"Rick said,Eager to get started.

11. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Maggie Brenners

Maggie brushed at her pant legs again and resisted the urge to dash to the nearest mirror and examine her scraped chin. Luckily no one seemed to have seen her ungraceful fall.

She turned as a man named Anderson announced his arrival. There seemed to be a lot of .....intersesting characters aboard the ship. She glanced around, it didn't seem like there would be a lack of diversity. Being shy ( a trait not normally bestowed on one of her stature) she meekly hoisted her bags again and waited for instructions.

Tag: Quincey, Anyone

12. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    IC: Abigail Clere

Abigail watched as man after man boarded her ship. She hoped that if there were any left, they would show up in the next half-hour, which was, by what she could tell, how long it would be before they could leave. Her crew men were murmuring amongst themselves about the passengers they would be taking across the Atlantic, especially about that young Duchess, Maggie Brenners. The girl didn?t look the kind of gal to take part of an expedition like this, this not considering her little trip to the floor when she was just climbing the ramp.

The other two men that had arrived seemed well suited. Those would cause no trouble. And hopefully Quincy wouldn?t require an explanation of everything the crew would be doing during the sail. Gail knew that kind of intellectual man well enough to know they needed to learn everything happening around them.

Leaning her back against the mast, Gail waited and watched her crewmen ready the Acta. A few minutes later, her First Mate, a Spaniard named Juan de Cuero walked up to her.

?We are ready to set sail when you wish, Captain? said de Cuero, his accent noticeable and distinct.

?Excellent. I?ll notify Shackleford. Get the crew ready? answered Gail, walking away.

?Yes, Captain.?

Gail looked around for Quincy, and saw him climbing up the crow?s nest.

?Ahoy, Shackleford!? she called up to him. ?Mind coming back down to Earth with the rest of us mortals??

TAG: Quincy

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy P. Shackleford

Quincy was about to head to the crow's nest, when first Heckle, then Anderson.

Hackle arrived without much fanfare, but Anderson bellowed his name, calling the others. Quincy turned, suprised to see Anderson had actually arrived.

Quincy removed his hat and waved with it at the hired gun.

"Mr. Anderson! Glad to see you could join us!" he called, before turning to Heckle. "Everyone, this is Tate Heckle, he'll be joining us on the journey. And we've all hear Mr. Irvin Anderson's introduction."

Quincy turned to Abigail, and, handing her the map, leaned forwards, and said in hushed tones, "Watch this map. Do not let it out of your sight."

Turning, Quincy looked at London for the last time. His eyes caught sight of a woman...Dear Lord! It was her! She made it! Quincy turned, scrambled down the rampway, and came up to see the Duchess of Mayo.

"So glad you could make it, M'Lady, amd I apologize for this inconvenience, but we must hurry. We leave in minutes!" Catching sight of her luggage, Quincy moved to pick it up. "Allow me, please,"

14. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Duchess Maggie Brenners

Maggie blinked as the man Quicey offered to help her. This was not who she had pictured, She had pictured some old man getting his last kicks in before death. She gratefully handed him some of her luggage and her hand "Thank you Mr. Shakleford, You can call me Maggie it's a pleasure to embark on this journey with you."

She shielded her eyes from the sun and looked around "where are my quarters and I can put my stuff away and help with ...well whatever you need help with" she flashed him a smitle and tucked some of her long blonde hair behind her ear.

TAG: Quincey

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy

Quincy smiled.

"Right now, we're just settling in. I'll help you with your luggage, then perhaps we could get the key players in this venture together for a chat, hmm?" inquired Quincy.

Picking up the luggage, he glanced up towards Abigail. "Captain, shall we be shipping out shortly? I'm just going to help her with her luggage, then we can all reconnoitor and explain things to others."

Quincy allowed Maggie to head up the ramp first, before following after her.

Meanwhile, Asad was up in the crow's nest. It was almost time. He had to give ample time for the Gaurdians to get into position. In three hours, they would be well out of the port, and they could make their move.

Asad had watched the others board the ship, one by one. Shackleford seemed to be quite ignorant of all going on around him, but from past experiences, he knew this was merely Quincy's excitement bubbling over. He never stopped thinking. The new woman, Brenners, would be no trouble to silence. She was bookish, and Asad had delt with people like her before.

No, the real trouble would be with the captain and her crew. Clere was no fool, and she had the respect of her employees. And then there were the mercenaries...well, they were professionals. They would be the hardest to kill.

Tonight would be quite eventful.

16. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick ran to his quarters and unloaded his suitcase.It was mostly full of cut-outs of zeppilens and gyrocopters from magazines,and he only had 2 outfits.But it didn't bother rick,all he ever had were his dreams...Then he remembered that there was to be a meeting of the crew,and ran straight back to Shakkleford.

17. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Duchess Maggie Brenners

Maggie sighed as she dropped her luggage in her quarters and turned to Quincey "shall we?" she wrung her hands together and bit her lip. She was never good at meeting new people and she was about to meet a whole lot of them. Ones that she was going to be trapped on a boat with, hopefully the rest weren't as .....creepy as the man Asad, he just gave her a bad vibe.

TAG: Quincey

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy

Quincy put down Maggie's luggage, and notice she seemed quite nervous.

He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, and smiled warmly.

"No-one's perfect, Maggie. I'm a little nervous myself," he said, with a chuckle, "but I'm sure you'll do just fine."

He took her arm, then, smiling at her again, began the walk to the bridge.

Tag: Maggie, Abigail, others

19. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Duchess Maggie Brenners

Maggie smiled gratfully at Quincey and gave him her arm. Maybe it wouldn't be all that bad. After all she was a Duchess she should be able to deal with a few new people.

TAG: Quincey,

20. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Max ran up to quincy and the dutchess,Being carefull to avoid an accident."Mr.shackleford?,I heard that you were going to call a meeting of the crew!I know you haven't yet, but i didn't want to be late!We need to get all this socializi'n over with so we can start the expidition!Not to be pushy, or anything, sir..."

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Your character's name is Rick, by the way. I can't really post an update right now, but expect one tomorrow.

22. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    OOC:Wow...I just called myself max.Wierd(I'm on painkillers cuz i just had a surgury,So i'm a little loopy)

23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Hope you feel better son.

Quincy P. Shackleford

Quincy nodded at Whatson's words, and strode briskly into the bridge, where the other members of the expedition were standing. Maggie was still holding his arm, and they entered together.

"Ah, I'm glad to see you've all settled in. As you are no doubt aware, we are en route to a southern island off the west coast of the Americas, publicly for treasure, gold, and the like. Privately, however, this is a mission of discovery. I have come into posession of an ancient map, that leads the way to a hidden temple, deep within the jungle."

Quincy paused for effect, placing his copy of the map on a table for all to see.

"This temple is said to hold clues of the past, of the people, but more importantly, of those who created humankind."

24. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick winced."It's probobly just some ancient hokey religion!How do we know that the temple will tell the truth?"

25. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Duchess Maggie Brenners

Maggie's breath caught as Quincey's words sunk in. This could be the greatest discovery of their time..of all time to be frank. She bit her lip as her mind raced with the implications, it could prove the church wrong. It could in all honesty start a war. But Maggie was a firm believer in discovering the truth no matter what the cost,she nodded to herself, yes her first impression had been right this was going to be interesting....very interesting.

TAG: Quincey, anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.