main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Steam Chronicles

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Penguinator, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick whatson

Rick safely got back on to the Acta era by means of grappling gun as the red ship crashed into the water.What a waste,rick thought,it was such a pretty airship too.Rick went back to the fight,and realized how easy this was becoming for him."I think i'm getting the hang of this war-stuff!" Rick shouted over the madness.But then he saw Quincy with the rocket thing."WOW!That's awesome!But-what are you doing!No,not the orthocopters!Can't we commendeere them or something?Don't destroy it!".But it was too late.The rockets were already battering the copters down."Oh,come on!1000's of years of science and invention down the drain!That was the finest model i've seen!oh,Whatever."

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Quincy Shackleford

"Mr Whatson, as much as I am interested to see who these blighters are, I'd much rather be in the dark and alive then knowing and dead," said Quincy calmly.

He aimed his own rocket gun, sighting through the rangefinder. When the 'thopter was in the dead centre, he pulled the trigger.

The black trail leading to the bird was long, greasy, and explosive. The bird's cockpit exploded in a shower of flames, and the wings, beating uselessly, steered the machine into a watery grave.

"Excellent! Let's get the other, shall we?" said Quincy, smiling for the first time.

Tag: All

3. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    OOC: I quit. [face_plain]

4. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    OOC:Noooooo!!!YOu quit?NOooooo!

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Too busy?

6. -Jeb-

Feb 18, 2006
    OOC: To say the least.

7. Lucki

Lucki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2006
    Duchess Maggie Brenners

Maggie ran toward her cabin, slipping on blood and tripping over bodies. She yelped in pain as she collided into the wall, her open wound stinging like fire. She blocked her cabin door with everything she could and sat back to wait it out, trying not to faint from the loss of blood. I hope no one forgets me down here she thought as she panted out pained breaths. She also hope that when this was all over it was one of her mates that came to her door and not another attacker, she didn't think she had the strength to fight off anyone else.

TAG: ANYONE

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I think I'll take control of Irvin J. Anderson in Jeb's absence

GM Post

As the first 'thopter fell, Quincy began to take a bead on the other. Meanwhile, below deck, Anderson was having a hard time with saboteurs. He had only just dispatched them, when he heard a thud above him. In moments, he had clambered up to the next deck via a ladder. The cabins.

He saw drops of blood leading to the Duchess' cabin, and decided to investigate. Drawing his knife, he crept towards the door. As he neared the door, he pressed himself against the wall. Best not to raise a disturbance.

He spun into the door, ready for anything, and saw Maggie on the bed, her side bleeding.

"Dear God, M'Lady!" he muttered, rushing towards her, sheating the dagger. "You need help!"

Above the cabins, meanwhile, Quincy was dealing with the final wave of attackers. This 'thopter pilot was smart: he had taken refuge immediately above the ship. If Quincy were to shoot it, they'd all die.

"Hellfire! Take out these blighters!" he yelled, drawing his pistol. Reloading quickly, Quincy popped up from behind cover, and the sight that greeted his eyes made his heart sink.

A massive, steam-powered machine stood on the deck. It had stubby legs, powered by massive pistons, that supported a huge body. The body's shoulders were titanic, a good twenty feet wide, and it's small head bore three extruding scopes, that glowed green. The arms were ape-like, and ended in three digits, all piston-driven.

On the back protruded eight parallel tubes, with steam hissing out of them.

It was an automaton, thirty feet high, and with immense strength.

Tag: This is the final wave! Defeat the machine!

9. -Jeb-

Feb 18, 2006
    OOC: "Dear God, M'Lady!"

Lmao. Funny. [face_laugh]

10. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    OOC: So, we?re fighting Robo-King Kong now? For some reason I just knew there was gonna be some kind of ape like thing in this.

IC: Abigail Clere

Gail now found herself sword fighting another of the invaders. They were pretty handy with a blade. The captain wondered if her crewmen could have held their own against them. But right then she had no idea what was happening around her ship, besides the duel she was in. Finally she made her opponent loose grip on his blade and pushed her rapier through his ribs and pulled it out immediately.

The man didn?t scream, just let out a weak yelp then fell flat on the floor. As much as Gail enjoyed a good duel, she had barely ever been faced with the need to kill her adversary. She had merely had to knocked them out, or push them overboard. Killing was a completely different story, but she had done it before, and she would do it again if she needed to protect the Acta.

Gail turned from the body and saw something out of a science fiction book standing on the middle of the deck. A huge, ape like machine, popping steam out of it from its back and limbs.

?Bloody devil!? she exclaimed, standing frozen.

TAG: Any

11. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Duchess Maggie Brenners

Maggie roused herself from her half sleep at Andersons exclamation, fighting back a wave of nausea she protested "No. Go out there and fight, there wont be any point in helping me if the ship is taken anyway" she had hoped to sound a little bit like the Duchess she was, but the loss of blood made her sound weak. Groaning slightly she cursed herself for being so slow, if she had just pivoted a litle faster. She looked up at Anderson again and her eyes rolled back in her head. She was going to pass out, she managed to get out a weak " I need some sort of material compressed to the wound, maybe tied around it." and than she fell into darkness.

TAG: Anderson

12. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick whatson

Rick gaped at the site of the mechanical beast."My god...".He took a shot at the atomitaun's head,but the bullet bounced back."good heavens,what is this made out of?",he cried,as the machine lumbered towards him.The deck crunched beneath it.Rick fired all his shots at the monster,but still,nothing worked."Well,lets do this the fun way.".Rick took out the scemitar he stole earlier and ran towards it.He was about to stab a piston in the leg to attempt to immobilize it,when it grabbed him.The thirty foot tall,steam-powered killing machine grabbed him.It slowly rose him in the air."AAH!"rick squealed weakly.I should have stayed at the docks,he thought.I'm nothing but an orphan,not an adventurer.Rick closed his eyes and braced for pain.

OOC:Yay for giant steam-powered robots,but i'm gonna die!Someone save me!Threre are two people in peril...

13. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    OOC:Um...hello?I gonna die...anyone?

14. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Is this dead?If so i'm dead...what a horrid ending..he never even got to the island...NOOO!THis can't be dead!Someone?

15. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    OOC: I am halfway dead myself so no go on me helping. Where is everybody?

16. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    OOC:I know!We have a women bleeding out of her side here!COme on people,post!

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: Sorry, some issues with a game banning, me being too lazy to remember any sock passwords, and then busy DRL after the 24 hour ban have kept me from posting much anywhere on the JC the past few days. I'll try to get something up tonight though.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~

18. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    OOC:Maybe people will post if you add these buggers...

Crazy!

19. -Jeb-

Feb 18, 2006
    OOC: Hah! I knew this thing would cripple under it's own weight once I'd left!

JK. [face_plain] :p

20. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    you know Jeb I do believe you are on here more now that you have quit than before when you were official :p [face_laugh]

*clutches throat I'm dying ......dying *

21. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    my link didn't work,last time...oh well.
    I being crushed alive by mechanical claws!Hep meh!

22. -Jeb-

Feb 18, 2006
    OOC: True. Teasing you guys is teh funnay.

23. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    uhg................................................................................where did everyone go?WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    :_|

24. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Well this is depressing. I was starting to enjoy this one.

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: I'm having trouble both visualising what this machine looks like completely, how it functions, and just what the frak my character could do to actually A. Save Kiskolou's character, B. Help destroy the beast, C. Why he would even be bothered to save Kiskolou's character.

And then there is the fact that Penguin hasn't been on in five days, since I last checked.

Oh, and sidscrolling bad...mkay?

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.