main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The STLFF Off-Topic Thread: Chat about whatever, whenever.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I think the reason for this thread is obvious, and the description quite clear. ;)

If you just want to chat, or talk about anything that doesn't have to deal with the threads on the board, then come and post here. That way, we won't have to get off topic on other threads, and congest them 'till we have to read halfway down the page to get back on topic. LOL!

You can feel free to post anything you want in here, but it still has to coincide with the TFN board guidelines of course. And no politics, religion discussion, etc.etc. We've learned from those... Also, if this thread is not needed at the boards here, just feel free to go ahead and lock if not appropriate. Just thought a chat thread would be a good thing to have on here, because hey, we have lots of members now, and we have a really good group of people that enjoy talking to one another about anything. :)

So, if you want to put just a short discussion or question or whatever you like on the boards, but don't think of it as a big enough topic for a whole thread, (for example, something funny that happened to you while at school or work that day) post here!

See V2.0!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey, nice idea JCF. I don't know how far it will go to fixing the off-topic problem with other threads, but it's a shot.

Oo I get to go first!

So yeah I did nothing today, no school tis fall break for me. I worked on costumes for the party. How about the rest of you?

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Gym, and I set up a new checking account. Fun stuff, all around.

4. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    OMG! I was going to start an off topic thread today too, but you beat me to it.

So...as some of you may know I got hired to a new job (University Club) and my new boss said he would call when he had a schedule done so I would know when I started. Last night Tim went to the Rams game and I decided to have some "me" time. I drank a few glasses of wine and prepared to stay up late. At 11:00pm I get a call saying that I start tomorrow at 6:00am...ugggg. I had to get up at 4:00am. Very little sleep.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That stinks Amy! I'd have just stayed up all night though, blech.

BTW, JCF you win the award for the longest thread titles. Yours always take up two lines. What's with that? :)

6. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Heh, and then he spends 2-5 long paragraphs explaining his already long title.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You know, I never noticed that but you're right! I should get him to write an article for the Mid-Rim Tribune.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    BTW, JCF you win the award for the longest thread titles. Yours always take up two lines. What's with that?
    Heh, and then he spends 2-5 long paragraphs explaining his already long title.

OK, so I just like to put a title that explains more than just "chat thread" or something like that...

BTW, Dajuan, I see your titles can run as long as mine...
    StL's Second Annual Halloween Bash! (aka October's meeting)
    StL's Galactic Battlegrounds tourney!! Official game thread.
    [Announcement] Changing our name, what shall it be??
    June meeting!! Suggest a topic/theme/location!

Touche. ;)

And for explaining myself, that's something I do daily, because not many people understand my intentions and actions. So it comes natural for me... Take me to the detention block why don't you. ;)

See? You've got me explaining myself again...
    AAUGH! :rolleyes:

Article for the Mid Rim Tribune... :D

Not much has really been up with me lately. Won't be home tonight because I am going over to Maryville to visit Claire. Never been over there before...

Also, I've been working on the swordfight for the talent show that is going to take place at my school. It should be great. Lots of movie references in the fight, lol.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Also, I've been working on the swordfight for the talent show that is going to take place at my school. It should be great. Lots of movie references in the fight, lol.

That sounds interesting. Are any of us going to get an invite? I, for one, would love to see it. ;)

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    All of you are invited to come, not sure how much room in the auditorium there is going to be. I posted the script to the fight in the Creative Writing thread.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    BTW, Dajuan, I see your titles can run as long as mine...
    StL's Second Annual Halloween Bash! (aka October's meeting)
    StL's Galactic Battlegrounds tourney!! Official game thread.
    [Announcement] Changing our name, what shall it be??
    June meeting!! Suggest a topic/theme/location!

Touche.

No fair adding that after I post! Now I have to back track. You're right of course,and you really had to dig for that June one ;)

Will Ted and Claire be there too? Cause I'll have to bring glitter to put on Ted, and just be nice to Claire.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Claire and Ted are in the show. :D As are the twins.

13. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Also, I've been working on the swordfight for the talent show that is going to take place at my school. It should be great.

Tape it and enter it in the choreography competition on the fan film boards. I'm planning on working up an entry.

14. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Steph sent me a link with pics of Chewbacca's recent visit to Berlin. (click on "Chewies Berlin-Besuch in Bildern")

Chewie in Berlin

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Tape it and enter it in the choreography competition on the fan film boards. I'm planning on working up an entry.

I thought that was just lightsaber choreography...

I was busy last night. I went to visit Claire at Maryville. I'm glad I found the place on my own, my sense of direction is getting better! LOL! ;) She showed me around, they've got a nice place there. Cool roommate too. I bought a black hoodie, and Claire is going to put Revenge of the Sith on it, so no paying $50 online for one. :D She'll do a great job, I know it. It will be funny to see which one of us will be wearing it the most. :)

Also, very hilarious episode driving back home. This is one of those "You know you're a Star Wars fan if..." moments:
    I was almost home and I was turning left at a light, and I was on the outside lane, and the driver on the inside lane started to veer into my lane. Well, I put on the brakes, and as I did, I shouted "Sithspawn!" without even thinking about it. Crazy!! I laughed most of the way home. That's almost like the episode when Ted was coming back from Ren Faire and I was with him in the truck and a bee flew in and he shouted the s-word equivalent in Scottish, like it was just normal for him. LOL!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I like this off-topic thread very much. Good stuff. :)

16. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Well, you could always make it lightsaber choreography, just add some blades, or even better, just add noises.

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Nah, I'm gonna stay away from the lightsaber choreography until I have lots of time to do that sort of thing and have more experience with real swords. Besides, I think I have more fun with rapiers and broadswords. I will probably do a lightsaber project in the future...

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think I need to add some SW bad words in my vocabulary. That way I can curse in 3 languages at video games.

I'm digging this too. We needed a social thread for ages. WTG JCF

19. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm digging this too. We needed a social thread for ages. WTG JCF
    :D

That way I can curse in 3 languages at video games.

**Imitates Dajuan at party**
    :mad: STUPID GAME! I WANT TO CURSE BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE OF OTHER PEOPLE IN THE ROOM!!

LOL! [face_laugh]

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That little pink face is about right too.

21. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I like the Farscape swear words, particularly "frell". As in

"We're frelled."
    "Frell you"
    "Cut the frelling cable."

Of course, it's always amusing to use the word 'smurf' whenver you want to swear. ;)

~H~

22. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I like the Farscape swear words, particularly "frell". As in

"We're frelled."
    "Frell you"
    "Cut the frelling cable."

Of course, it's always amusing to use the word 'smurf' whenver you want to swear.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Smurf and Frell. I may try those tomorrow at Randy's Jr High dance. I always get in trouble for cursing at those.

24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, didn't do a whole lot last night... Watched the Cards game, but before I watched "Empire of Dreams" on the SW DVD. Very good documentary. I learned some stuff I hadn't known about the filming of the movies. Also, it was funny seeing the bloopers in SW and seeing Mark Hamill launch f-bombs and them editing them out. He got bit by a snake while filming one of the Dagobah scenes, it was humorous. [face_laugh]

Funny curse words! I don't watch Farscape though. Never really use smurf either. Funny word you can use for just about anything, whether it be an exclamation, noun, etc. Do any of you remember that old Muppets song, I'll have to find a link for you, it's really funny. It's just one of the Muppets saying "Manah Manah" in this song. It's hilarious for some reason. I guess it's because the first time I heard the song I was just in a weird mood and I thought that it was one of the most random songs I have ever heard. So, sometimes when I walk down the halls, someone says something stupid, or I don't know how to answer, I might say, Manah Manah. ;)

Kind of like this:
    Have you ever been talking to someone, and they say something especially keen, such as, 'Yeah, no problem, I live 5 minutes from home'? There's really no correct response, the most appropriate being, 'No thanks, I've already got a penguin.'

I love this thread. :D

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I went sword fighting last night and got the crap kicked out of me by all these knights.

My injuries:
    *Both cheeks hurt (got 4 bruises there)
    *sholder hurts
    *underarm, not quite the pitt, hurts (got an ugly bruise there)
    *back hurts
    *nope, the pits hurt too
    *apparently shins hurt
    *arms hurt

My everything hurts.

Got hit in the face by a polearm and thought I was going to puke.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/SCA/Bruise.jpg]

What a ride yesterday. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.