main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The STLFF Off-Topic Thread: Chat about whatever, whenever.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Happy Thanksgiving STLFF! Hope you all have a great day. Eat lots of good food. :)

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Been there, ate that. Randy had three plate fulls and is now moaning on the couch. Big suprise :p

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    He's always moaning about something. ;)

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, the folks over at deviantART decided to delete ALL of my SW, LOTR, and other wallpapers and such that I had there. Here's what I posted over at the FanArt boards:

I just wanted to post this notice out for those who care.

Recently, I have been having problems with DeviantART. They have decided that my work is "Copyright Violation", and have taken down and banned all of my Star Wars and LOTR artwork I have ever created.

I am, needless to say, not happy about any of this.

You can read about my thoughts on the situation at my LiveJournal. Here are the three entries I have made on the subject, and the journal entry I made at my deviantART page.

Entry #1
    Entry #2
    Entry #3
    deviantART journal page
    deviantART journal page 2

I'm sorry for any inconvienience this has possibly caused. Believe me, it's a bigger one for me. ;) I am still in talks with them about this, but I don't think it will last. It's very possible I am going to leave DA. I will probably have to make my own website to post my work at. That will take time, but I know that I won't have my work deleted. That's a plus. ;)

I would also like to warn others of this situation. I hope that I'm not the only one that has this problem, but truly, if you're going to have policies like DA has, then you have to stick with them, not pick and choose what to ban and what not to ban. You have to ban ALL of them. No matter what excuse you have.

This page might be frozen for a bit, but hopefully I will have something up and running soon. I promise. I won't go fading into the shroud of the dark side. :)

Yeah. DA has pissed me off. So I'm making my own website now.

5. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Oh no I am so sorry about your art. I would have liked to see, please get your site running soon.

6. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Sorry that happened to your artwork. :(

I got most of my Christmas shopping done. :D

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    It's 4am and I'm not asleep yet! Yay for ****ing up my sleep schedule even more over break!

Boo for the oppm.

8. Tripnastic

Tripnastic Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    On Saturday I was at the Shell station on New Florissant Rd. I got out to pump my gas and went to hit the regular button ($1.87) when I see a strange sight. There's mid-grade for 1.97, and where the premium is, it says....$1.07. I say to myself that's a mistake, if I start to pump that premium gas, I will pay the 2.07 it's supposed to be, the screen will just say 1.07. I took that chance. I won, as I filled up from the point where my gaslight was on to completely full for 14 dollars. I feel sorry for whichever employee made the mistake though.

9. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    thats great!!! I love it when you can stick it to the man!!! even if its only a dollar a gallon!!!

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Tripnastic, that is awesome. Wish I had that kind of luck. ;)

11. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I wish I had that kinda of luck to. but I am more than content paying 1.90 for gas. I mean hey can't complain to much. I just wish it could go back to that way it was when I was 16, only paying around $1 or less for regular gas, **sigh** oh well.

12. Tripnastic

Tripnastic Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    It was 75 cents a gallon the summer I started driving.

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
  14. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Boy, I leave for a few days and the boards get busy... :D I hope everyone had a great holiday and that you all are ready for Christmas!!

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    1) Gas- I refuse to call $1.85 cheap. I remember when we thought $1.07 was a lot and refused to buy it. Man, those were the days and now I feel really old :p
    2) Nice site Scott, I'm glad you found a way around DA, it's crappy what they did to you.
    3) Yay Christina's home [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    4) Not ready for Christmas at all, but at least I'm done shopping for Randy and partly done for my mum.

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yay!!1! Christina's home! [face_dancing][:D] Welcome back, hope you had a good break!

There's a pretty big storm heading this way... Two possible tornadoes and large hail too. Yikes. Guess I should probably get off the PC soon, lol. Good ol' Missouri weather. ;)

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, I saw lightning too but I don't hear thunder yet, very windy though.

18. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    We're suppose to have snow/ice by morning up here. :(

19. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I just drove through all of that getting back to KS. All I can say is, have fun. [face_plain]

20. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    TORNADO WARNING!!!!!!

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Has anyone received their SW magazine yet? I haven't and I have seen it in stores already... :(

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I haven't either. I'm hoping to renew my subscription soon, but I know it hasn't run out yet...

I have had lots of problems with receiving Insiders in the past. When I was an active member at SW.COM, I even made a thread called "Impatient for Insiders" and I had a lot of other people on there asking where their mags were.

23. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I have never had a problem getting mine. But we have a flaky mailman here. So I hope it is not lost, but I feel better that I am not alone in not getting it.

Jon, I am glad you made it back ok. We missed all the really bad weather, but it was right behind us. It was a good thing we left Hays so early since they closed I-70 there later in the day.

And what a night, both the dogs and the cat where fighting for a space under the bed...lol.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    No Mag here either. Ever since they switched publishers they really suck.

25. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Took this on the way back to school:
    [image=http://s94958815.onlinehome.us/hosting/sunsethills.jpg]

Wonderful timing if I do say so myself. Although I didn't catch the irony until just now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.