main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The STLFF Off-Topic Thread: Chat about whatever, whenever.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    My buddy came over to study Saturday.... We went to the club instead. We had too much fun!

2. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I am bored out of my mind. So I made a necklace.
    Whoop.
    So, any suggestions on where I should job hunt tomorrow?

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hmmm, let's see. Friday I looked for graduate schools all night with Randy. I am dreading that mess again this year. I don't know if I can emotionally take another round of rejections. It might actually push me off the edge. So I'm half heartedly working on that. I realized I have to take the GRE subject test again, this time for math. There's $130 down the drain, and more emotional torture. I swear if I wasn't so scared of the real world, I'd just give up on my dream of a PhD.

Saturday I had to help my mom with the yard and gutters. What should have taken 2-3 hours, took all day because of the "help" my mom enlisted, her friends with 3 kids all under 10. I had to actually get on the roof and clean out the gutters. I'm not afraid of heights per se, but on the roof sliding my butt across to clean out yikky stuff then cross OVER the peak to the other side, it was horrible. To top that off I ruined my favorite boots and scraped my butt on there. Then we had a crappy dinner. I ran away to the Mall with Randy. Shopping cures all.

Sunday I had to work and do my puke, physics. I really dislike all the work in that class. The problems are fun, but the other crap stinks.

Upside to the weekend I did figure out my next costume I'm creating with the help of Jon. It will be slave Leia. So I will be attempting to lose that belly I have developed over the past 3 years.

So yeah.

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    It will be slave Leia. So I will be attempting to lose that belly I have developed over the past 3 years.

And you thought the other Leia outfit was flashy... ;) LOL!

The problems are fun, but the other crap stinks.

Physics? FUN? Yeah right. It all sucked for me.
    Glad that year is over with!

5. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I spent my weekend installing a sump pump (actually not too hard to do) and laying down ceramic tile. It took me all day Sunday to lay tile in a 10 sq/ft area.

I'm like a retarded Bob Villa!!!

6. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm like a retarded Bob Villa!!!

Niiiiiiccccee!!!!!!!!!

7. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Who isn't a retarded Bob Villa. I know I am for SURE!!

8. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I just realized - I've been posting here for over a year.

Doesn't really seem like that long.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Time flies when you're having fun. I'm glad you found us Tim, you certainly bring humor to our group.

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Have another beer Tim. Congrats! :)

11. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    I still have about 11 months to go but I plan on being here for a long time. So, get used to it.
    hahaha!!! LOL

12. Maygin

Maygin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Hey! I've been here for over two years... and yet I haven't really BEEN here. Yeah whatever =P~ I'm sick, pity me! Seriously though, we should have cake to celebrate that!! Cake with LOTS of icing, and then we shall all rejoice and be happy!
    Okay, I have a serious question, have any of you ever taken that StarWars quiz on Emode... er... tickle or whatever it's called now? I took it and it told me I was Chewbacca... now some of you may think that's cool and all, and I will fully admit that Wookies are cool... but have you ever heard of a girl that wants to be told she's a huge, furry, smelly Wookie?!
    If anyone else wants to take a stab at the quiz, it's at http://s94958815.onlinehome.us/astronomy/images/m57.jpg
    And I think you have to have to sign in... so if anyones up for it, I'd like to see others results.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Maygin, you gave us the link to one of VoijaRisa's astronomy pictures I think. Want to try it again?

14. Maygin

Aug 13, 2002
    Right... so embarassed doesn't exactly cover it at this point... let me give that another shot here. http://web.tickle.com/tests/starwars/index.jsp

15. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    You are wise beyond your years ? a sage for the ages, the master's master. That's why your Star Wars type is Yoda. Sure, you might not look too much like the little green Jedi Master, but you have a quiet contemplative way about you that commands respect.

People trust you, especially your friends who are constantly coming to you for advice and sometimes predictions. While you may not be able to tell them who's going to win the big game, you do possess the rare ability to see the big picture. You never lose sight of the fact that we're all part of a greater whole. It keeps you grounded and balanced, and it's the perfect cover for a mischievous sense of humor that always catches others off-guard. This mix of wisdom and impish delight promises to bring you long life...another thousand years or so anyway.

16. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah...so it says I'm like Han Solo. Ha! Well, maybe I would be if I hadn't gotten knocked up and had to start acting responsibly. :D

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Obi Wan Kenobi for me:
    "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Truly the words of a confident teacher, you and "old Ben" share the calm wisdom of someone who's seen it all. You are probably the type of person who enjoys giving back to the community, whether by organizing the annual block party or volunteering time to help others.

You know you're not perfect and that's why being a mentor is so fulfilling. You can teach others about the mistakes that you made. Like Obi-Wan, you are an excellent judge of character ? often recognizing aspects of yourself in others. You know how to teach life lessons without being preachy, and while you may not quite have the Jedi mind trick figured out, your honest conviction can be very persuasive.

And here I thought I'd be a Leia. Guess it fits pretty well though.

18. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey Diva - I'm a Han Solo too.

Here's what it said -

"I wasn't going to let you get all the credit and take all the reward." While these may sound like the words of a mercenary, it's really the sentiments of a reluctant hero. You have a lot in common with Han Solo, the sarcastic soldier of fortune turned rebel pilot.

What you call confidence, others may call ego, but you don't care. You and those close to you know that inside the arrogant exterior is a loyal and selfless friend. After all, a pirate needs to maintain a certain reputation. When it comes to adventure, there's little you haven't done. Whether it's jumping out of a plane or charging the whitewater of the mountains, your courageous spirit yearns for another rush. And while your quests may sometimes have a reckless edge to them, you maintain a cool head through it all.

19. Maygin

Aug 13, 2002
    Right... so I hate you all, j/k. I may be the only wookie here, but I've got some serious high points going for me here,

"When it comes to friends, it's quality not quantity. And you're usually the first one on the scene when someone needs a little rescuing (emotional or otherwise). You have a simple sense of right and wrong, and when someone crosses the line, you let them know. You're the ideal righthand man/woman ? strong, stable, and ultimately incorruptible."

OH! Yeah and lets not forget this little bright spot at the bottom of the page "And while you're at it, why not start with simplifying something that affects you every day? Taking the pill every day isn't that hard, but wouldn't you rather try the birth control option you just remember once a week? Click here for more!" Yeah, while I'm at what... learning about my wookie tendancies?!

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Amy and Tim, Han seems to fit you both pretty well. Jon, I was shocked about the Yoda, but I can see it in you. Maygin, I don't know you well enough to say if Chewie fits you or not, but I hopefully will soon. That was a fun quiz.

DIAL UP BITES!! Just thought I'd toss that one in there. I've been having comp problems the past couple weeks. Grrrr.

Also sorry for the crabby posts earlier, I was having a bad one.

21. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Han Solo

22. Darthtrader

Darthtrader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    I'm R2-D2.A loyal friend who people can confide in.They know that you'll guard thier secrets as if theywere the plans to the Death Star itself.I have tons of tools and tricks at my disposal.The part about the tools makes sense.I got plenty of those.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Randy's a Princess Leia:

"This is some rescue. When you came in here, did you have a plan for getting out?" Technically you're a princess, but there's nothing dainty about you. When your royal blood runs hot, you speak your mind and tell it like it is. Only a true leader would have the courage to stand up to an enemy as ruthless as Darth Vader, and like Leia, your strength lies between your ears (although you're never afraid to go head-to-head with the boys).

You are the type of person who fights for their causes. You are a defender of the downtrodden and an inspiration to all those who have been oppressed. You may come off as a little headstrong and cocky, but how else could you pull off the "ear-muff" hairdo?

Hahaha.

24. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Christian, you're Obi-Wan Kenobi

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Truly the words of a confident teacher, you and "old Ben" share the calm wisdom of someone who's seen it all. You are probably the type of person who enjoys giving back to the community, whether by organizing the annual block party or volunteering time to help others.

You know you're not perfect and that's why being a mentor is so fulfilling. You can teach others about the mistakes that you made. Like Obi-Wan, you are an excellent judge of character ? often recognizing aspects of yourself in others. You know how to teach life lessons without being preachy, and while you may not quite have the Jedi mind trick figured out, your honest conviction can be very persuasive.

Cannot disagree...

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh no, I'm the same as Chiss???? I must have hit something wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.