Spring, MO The STLFF Off-Topic Thread V2.0: Quit Spamming Teh Boards!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Yay! I am glad you are back!
  2. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    Did you all see the SW specials on the History Channel? :D
  3. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    "The Legacy Revealed" was very fascinating, I mean we pretty much knew it all but it was still interesting.

SW seems very concerned the last couple years post-ROTS about it's legacy, doesn't it? This special, the "Legacy" comic, the "Legacy of the Force" book series...not that it has anything to worry about on that front though.
  4. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    If GL would just decided to make the other three movies, along with the two one hour made for TV movies, it would help with the "Legacy". :p
  5. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    It was great to see the parallels drawn and cross-referenced between to the OT and the PT. And yes, it was stuff we knew but it was really well done. And wow, who knew Lucas was so 'deep'. :p
  6. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    I may be in the extreme minority here, but I don't particularly want new movies. I have a couple reasons why:

#1) The Star Wars movies have told their story. The story of Anakin Skywalker has had a beginning, a middle and an end. Granted they could explore Luke on film, but the way the first six are now, it just feels as if they wrapped up their story.

#2) GL would want to do his own thing. And naturally, that's his right and if he wanted to he can, but he would probably invalidate much of post-ROTJ EU continuity by doing so. And too many people have invested too much into that for it to just be a waste.

I'm all for the Clone Wars 3D cartoon and a Dark Times era live action show though.
  7. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    About #2, most of Splinter of the Mind's Eye has been invalidated but many people still enjoy that book. :p
  8. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    No WAY! I have that one, why was it invalidated Frank?

Hey you going to Borders tonight BTW?
  9. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome back Laura, we missed you!
  10. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    Welcome back to all who had a journey lately, we are happy you are home.
  11. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    IIRC, the Lit forum peoples managed to fit SOTME in still, somehow. In any event, minor continuity errors happen all the time, look at the Clone Wars cartoon v. Labyrinth of Evil for example. But it's a far different thing to invalidate a few pages in a book as opposed to invalidating years of published and produced products of all types.
  12. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    So I was taking Leash home tonight and this Police officer was behind me at a light. He all of sudden turns on his lights and goes around me. Now this is a long red light, and I was thinking 'no fair'. Then I get up on 55 and go about 3 miles, and well, I felt very petty. There was/is a huge accident involving a police car with the driver's side completely smashed in and a van on it roof.

I had told Leash before that I would have to watch my speed on the way home earlier, cause there were a lot of PO's on the road. But as I was driving home, I think everyone of them were heading toward the accident. It was horrible, and I was driving by just as the first Police officers were getting there. I really hope no one was seriously hurt, but from the looks of the damage I wouldn't be surprised... :(

13. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I heard a brief mention of that on the news this morning, but didn't hear how those involved faired.

I was just thinking of all of you on the boards - the dealership is playing the disco version of Star Wars over the muzak deal/ satellite system. I must say that's a first in the eight years I've been here.

Anybody else own a copy of "Star Wars and other Galatic Funk", or is it just me? Yes, it's the real record version.

I'm so lame :)

Oh well, Happy Humpday!

And by hump, I mean carnal relations! :)
  14. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Hey Tim! Nice to see you again. :D

No, I don't own a copy of it. Sounds...interesting. :p You should bring it to a meeting sometime so we can all hear it. ;)
  15. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Disco star wars song? I've got it somewhere. I'll try to find it.
  16. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
  17. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congrats Rachel! I hope you ar Marc have many years of wedded bliss.
  18. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    CONGRATS RACHEL!
    Post pictures!

Can someone post pics of the sahs? I cannot find at the store.
  19. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    Congratulations Rachel snd Marc. [:D]

Is anyone else having trouble with their cable TV? [face_frustrated]
    I know it's not just me, my neighor is having problems with their reception as well.
  20. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm having trouble with mine also. I ended up just putting a dvd in. Luckily, my internet connection is still going somewhat. Keeps booting me off of messenger though.
  21. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    *gives Charter teh finger*

Wow, even their broadband isn't working right?
  22. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats Rachel and Marc! May you grow old together while continueing to love each other as much as you did on your wedding day! [:D]

23. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    I've had Mt Dew...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_devil]

[face_mischief]

[face_hypnotized]

[face_beatup]
  24. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    That's nice, now please take out the trash.

:p
  25. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    LOl I was thinking....well I just had a boat load of coffee. wwwweeeeeeeeeeee wwwwwwwwweeeeeee
    wwwweeeeeeeeee.
    Is Monday over yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.