main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The STLFF Off-Topic Thread V2.0: Quit Spamming Teh Boards!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Yay! Finally, a new Ghosthunters is on tonight! They're getting as bad as The Sopranos...a little too much time in between seasons...or 1/2 seasons.

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
  3. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    OMG! That cake is super cool! That fondant stuff doesn't taste really good though IMO, but for a cake like that who would care. LOL!

4. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Aside from wanting kids so I can dress them as a properly sized Ewok, this is the best stroller ever:

[image=http://x015.uploaderx.net/x/stroller.jpg]

5. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    That is so cool!

6. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    This is your honorary St. Louie member from Nashville, TN responding. The other day my wife actually watched the CARDS/Reds game with me on tv when they won 6-4. They were showing highlights of the Yankees game and she mentioned the fact that she thought Derek Jeter was a "hot, good-looking guy." I told her, "sure, but he plays for the Yankees." She responded with, "well he's not as good-looking as Pujols. He's really my man. I'd love to have Pujols." Feeling a little jealous at this point, I responded, "yeh, so would 28 other major league teams."

Anyway, GO CARDS!!!!! I know they'll be fine and make it to the playoffs. Love you guys. Take care.

BobaFrank.

P.S. Can't go to sleep. Baby coming in the morning. Read my thread in the JC Community. [face_peace]

7. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Congratulations!! What is official weight? Your poor wife, 11lbs is big. My oldest weighted in over 10.5 and we had to go out and buy all new baby clothes. LOL

I hope everything went well!! [:D]

8. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Congratulations BobaFrank.

11 lbs? :eek: That makes my birth weight of 8lbs 14oz sound light. :p

9. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Congrats BobaFrank! One word of advice for you and the wife, sleep whenever you can, let the dishes and laundry pile up and nap at any chance you can.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I am so excited! A filly won the Belmont Stakes today!! First time in over a century. :D

11. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    How was that Metropolis thing you all went to?

12. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm definately going again next year. The girls and I had a blast. Kinda felt like a little mini vacation. Of course, I'm broke now. They charged so much money for everything. The girls did pony rides, got airbrush tattoos, Supergirl watches, carnival food, and lots of bottled water. The girls were absolutely amazed at all the adults walking around in costumes on a non-Halloween day. Then we went over to Paducah to eat dinner. I took a picture of the kids next to the "Welcome to Kentucky" sign. Bree is such a dork. Of all the states to be excited about...why Kentucky?

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f287/evendim1/Family/Pictures085.jpg]

13. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Make your very own Chewbacca puppet. I am so making one of these.

http://chensational.blogspot.com/2006/07/my-project-puppetcom-chewbacca.html

Same person also made a Darth Maul puppet. I have got to make these. They are too cute!

http://chensational.blogspot.com/2005/11/project-puppetcom-experiment.html

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Maul is too cute! LOL

Laura, I didn't make it. Have two big tests this week (one in the morning) and had to study...

15. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Good luck on your test!!! I know you will do an awesome job.

16. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Back from the war! Bruises abound. Pictures will be up as soon as I sort through the ~260 we took.

17. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    260 pictures of people beating the snot out of each other I'm assuming. LOL!

18. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Mostly. Here's the gallery.

Here's a few favourites for those that don't want to sort through the ~150 I kept.

[image=http://s94958815.onlinehome.us/SCA/Lilies07/Lilies07%20-%20088.jpg]
    One of the duels during the Tournament of the Roses. The fighter at left thrusting his opponent in the face is Duncan from the Barony of Three Rivers (aka: St. Louis)

[image=http://s94958815.onlinehome.us/SCA/Lilies07/Lilies07%20-%20137.jpg]
    During the field battle the next day, a court was called by their majesties. Here, Hirsch (Baron of the Barony of Three Rivers) assists Ravas who injured himself in the battle earlier that day.

[image=http://s94958815.onlinehome.us/SCA/Lilies07/Lilies07%20-%20147.jpg]
    Sometimes theater is also involved. This is an original skit by the Three Rivers Players who were awarded for their excellence at this presentation by the crown.

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Very cool! May I say you look quite handsome in your armor and great job on the armor too by the way. I love the wedge of cheese on your shield too.

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Part of being promoted through the ranks in this group is to ensure that people know you and are familiar with your skill. If you wear clothes that are indistinguishable, you'll need a lot more skill to get promoted. Thus, by choosing something highly distinguishable for my shield, I ensure that many people will remember me.

I've actually had people that have never met me in person be familiar with it.

21. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    All I can say is you came back with some great pictures.
    Thanks for posting and sharing them.

22. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Understandable Jon, since who doesn't love cheese? LOL!

Oh and happy belated birthday to Brandon!

23. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Well I finally have the latest chapter up for one of my fan fics. You can find it here.

24. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    [face_frustrated] You guys put me in charge and then just up and pretty much vanish? You all must want me to fail at this knowing that I can not piece this damned thing back together by my ****ing self. :mad: I'm starting to think this was the plan to begin with so that none of you would get blamed for the possible failure of this chapter and that it would fall on me. I will not accept blame if this chapter gets dissolved for lack of interest and participation due to the problems from previous leaders and people refusing to bury the hatchet. :mad:

EDIT: Number however many.
    Sorry but had to get that off my chest.

25. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    There's plenty of blame going around, but I don't think any of it's falling on you. You just inhereted a ghost town. I don't think anyone's expecting you to magically piece it back together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.