main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The StLFF Off-Topic Thread v3.0: There is a Life Outside of SWs???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    It's only a few degrees cooler here. But I went in the morning so it was only in the mid 80's.

2. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Frank have a wonderful time at Yellowstone and DO NOT GET EATEN BY A BEAR! Take planty of pictures

Jon, thanks so much again for the saber. awsome sweet Sorry to hear getting back to school was a real pain and unpacking and returning truck.

Leash hope the twins are still well.

Runya I am sorry to hear about you vehicle. I hope it gets better soon

3. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Frank, have fun in yellowstone.

Jon,
    That sucks! I would definitely let you new room mates hear about it or at least sit on your butt and do nothing when they need help.
    I didn't get to see you before you left either. I got sidetracked with costume stuff and craft show stuff. Ugh! Let me know when you will be in town again.

Medic,
    The twins are doing well, thank you. I saw my sister on Sat. and she looks like she is over 9 months and she is only six months.

4. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm sure I'll find an opportunity to do something appropriately evil to my roomates in retribution. Perhaps change the passwords on their computers and then make them go through a scavenger hunt to find out what the password is. ;)

And Leash, if you need your figure back, feel free to drop by my house. I can arrange to have someone leave it on the porch if no one's going to be home.

5. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    The St. Louis Zoo just called and offered me a job. Yay! [face_dancing] Nothing fancy, I will be working for the Membership dept.

6. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Oh my gosh! That is great Leash. Congrats!! woohoo

7. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Awesome Leash!! Woohoo!! [face_dancing]

Ok, who has a pool we can all come play in??? The temps don't look to get any better next week... yuk.

8. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Thank you ladies! I am quite excited.[face_dancing]

9. JeedaiElf

JeedaiElf Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Congrats Leash! :D
    I hope it is something you will have fun doing [:D]

10. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Answering phones and data entry. Not the most exciting, but I'm good at it.

11. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Congratulations Leash. [:D]

Well I'm back. :D

12. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks again everyone!

Good to see that you didn't get eaten by bears, Frank! :p

13. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I didn't even get to see any bears, moose, wolves or mountian kitties...er mountain lions. :( I did see a lot of buffulo and elk though. :D

14. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    welcome home Frank.

15. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Thanks Laura. :D

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We are back as well. Branson + 100 degree heat + costumes = melted Jedi. But we had lots of fun at the car show. :D AND... I got a ride in the General Lee... :D

17. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Glad you are back and that you had a good time. OOOOh, the general lee. so lucky.

18. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    That sounds sweet, Christina. :D

19. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    So tell us about Yellowstone Frank!

What stands out as the highlight of the trip for you?

I never been there, but always wanted to go. I had to pass last year on a snowmobile trip that my brother put together.

I'm always interested to hear what people think of this place.

20. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    There really is no one highlight, Tim but if you do get to go there, besides seeing Old Faithful, you have to go to Biscuit Basin. Saphire pool is so beautiful and a little further down the road is a large hot spring that flows over the edge of the basin and into the shallow river running along it.

Those two places(among several others) have so many different colors and even the different shades of each color that could be seen and that things can actually live in such acidic/hot/corrosive enviroments. The smells are anything but pleasent because of all the sulfer dioxide. Also I could not believe how close the animals would get to the raod or allow people to get to them. They usually didn't even pay any attention to the cars or people. I got within just a few yards from a big bull elk to take pics and the only thing he was paying attention to was munching the grass at his feet. The closest I was willing to get to a buffelo was standing on one side of the two lane road and them being on the edge of the other side. I was the only one that was every few seconds turning my head to keep an eye on the heard in the field behind me. Everyone else just seemed to forget about them. That could be a deadly mistake.

Saw several unbelieveably fantastic rock formations and gorges on the way back going through Nevada, Utah and Colorado.

Saw several dust devils and one wasa the biggest dust devil that I had ever seen. The thing was huge compared to the ones normally seen.

I took over 300 pics but since my laptop isn't letting me online, I can't go somewhere with wi/fi to upload them and trying to do it using my dial-up connection would take forever.

We forgot that it was the same week as Sturgis Bike week and a lot of bikers visited Yellowstome on the way there and/or on the way back.

21. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Sounds awesome

Let us know when you get your pics working.

I, for one, would love to see them.

22. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Okay, so I am part of this craft show (CraftaNostra) on Sat., August 18th from 7pm to 1am. It is free to attend and they will have a dj and cocktails. They will be jewelry, clothing, baby stuff, artwork, etc.

So come check it out, I should be there all night! I am listed under Senora Muertos.

http://craftanostra.com/

23. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Frank, can you get them on a disk? You are most welcome to use my connection to get them up... ok, so I just really want to see them. :p Like Tim, I have never been there and really want to go, now more after hearing how pretty it sounds Frank!

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Polly Pocket dolls and Batman action figures, and 253,000 die cast cars that contain lead paint have been added to the toy recall... boy, what a mess.

Anyone else melted yet???? Who wants to move to the Antarctic with me?? :D

25. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    It's melted too. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.