main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The StLFF Off-Topic Thread v3.0: There is a Life Outside of SWs???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    The UAW has gone on strike.

If it's short - no big deal.

If it's long, - could be nasty for me.

Will it be affecting anyone else?

2. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Oh no! I am sorry to hear that. I was hoping it would go better.
    I heard if it does not go well it could bust the union. : (
    Hugs to you all

3. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I think it's a possibility that it could bust the union. If it does, I think every union around the country will be in trouble.

The UAW is one of the biggest around. If they can be broken - anyone can.

I'm not in the union myself, (I'll keep my opinions on them to myself as not to offend those for or against) but I do rely on them to get me the products so I can sell them and, in turn, keep them in business making them.

These things aren't good for any of us. Hopefully, they can reach an agreement quickly.

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I hope things get solved soon, Tim. [face_praying]

Did anyone watch the Family Guy SW lastnight? :p

5. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    I saw the Family Guy SW episode. It was not bad.
    I was kind of shocked as generally they have referance to G I Joe First ep of the season

6. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    There's rumor that since it was watched by so many, they may do an ESB one.

7. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    *tumbleweed rolls by*

hello? anybody out there?

*door creaks*

8. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Hey Tim! I know its dead in here. So did anyone else catch any of the new season of their favorite shows this week?
    Ghost Hunter--what the hell is with the new chick, she is an ACTRESS!! Oh, I hope this season gets better.
    Smallville-loved it, but I want more Green Arrow and the Justice League.
    Heroes-good as always (now if they can just avoid the "Lost" pitfalls (taking forever to tell the story.)
    Have a great weekend! oh, go Pack go!! woohoo we are 3 and 0! Looking forward to Bret breaking the record this weekends game.

9. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    I watched
    1. Bones
    2, Las Vegas tonight

10. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I don't watch a ton of T.V. But I tried to watch Heroes and, last night, The Office. Those are the two shows that I really like right now.

I say tried because we bought Max a toy drum set. The cymbal seems to his favorite piece and when he's nailing it, I can't hear a thing. He looks so cute pounding away on them, I don't have the heart to try to get him to quit. I set back and enjoy the show. He's even got in the habit of taking a bow and saying "thank you, thank you" when he's done, which actually sounds like "tank too, tank too"

Sorry - daddy moment.

Speaking of - the other night SW was on one of the cable channels. As some Stormtroopers are running across the screen he looks up, pointing and screaming, "it's dada, it's dada".

He has seen me in my armor, but it's been awhile. Needless to say, I was proud as can be!

11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Hockey starts Thursday.

12. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Wait...how long has Nathan Fillion been on Desperate Housewives? Mmmmmmm...

13. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I think the only ones I caught this week were Ghost Hunters, Heroes and SG Atlantis, which left me very confused. But then that is what I get trying to watch it while doing homework. I really miss the 4400. :( And Dr. Who is winding down too.

Ghost Hunter's new girl... well, I can only say beauty over brains... And Amy I have never watched Desperate Housewives so I can't say.

14. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey all! Sorry I have been away for awhile, got lots of personal stuff going on. Ugh!

I watched Heroes, E.R, CSI Las Vegas and I got sucked into Journeyman, though I am not too sure on that one yet oh and Reaper on CW11 which reminds me slightly of Dead like me. Haven't got around to Dr. Who or Ghosthunters, but they are on the DVR waiting for me.

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Hey Leash!

Sorry I haven't been here much either. I am in the last 3rd of four weeks of my certs, so I am trying to push through. I just want to be done!!! I am thinking of having a big party when I am done... anyone want to join me? :D

16. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Certs? What flavor? :p

17. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    Hi all.
    I am still alive just trying to get through my CPNE and Micro.( Clinical Practicle Nursing EXAM)
    I have been crying daily from the stress and just tired.
    This test is so demanding, I hate having to be perfect.
    I have already told DH that IF I do not pass this damn thing I am not going BACK to finish my RN. I am tired wore out , physically and emotionally, and just can't go through this kind of 3 day exam and then MICRO too.

HUGS to you all and back to my studying.

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Christina, I'll join you!

Hang in there! You too Medic.;) The misery doesn't last forever. The result will be worth it.

19. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    The MCDBA flavor, Frank... :p I would prefer grape, or orange though. LOL

Yay Amy!

Oh Medic, I totally understand where you are at. [:D] I am so tired but yet unable to sleep. lol It is worth it in the end, or so I keep telling myself. Sounds like you should join us when we get together, just to blow off steam... When do you take your tests?

20. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    OH thanks !!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish I could. Almost every waking moment BESIDES work is studying. I saw my family for the first time in over a month today

I leave for school the 22 after working all night fri sat and sun the 21st then come back prep for my brothers wedding at the Jewel box the 3rd and then test the 30th of Nov and Micro is the 19th of Dec.

I HAVE to be perfect in any way in the test. I mean perfect, heck I see RN Grads now who have no clue causeof their instructors but me I have toknow and be perfect. I test in PLANO TX.

So all prayers and happy thought are much needed for both.
    HUGS!

21. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I wish you the best of luck. [:D]

Well I have my last three sessions of physical therapy this week. [face_plain]

22. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Hey, anybody out there... :p Frank is taking a couple of weeks of personal time. So if there are any problems, questions or suggestions feel free to let me, Dagobah_Diva or Twilek69 (St. Louis council members) know. :D

Hope everyone has a good week. :D

23. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Thanks for taking over for a bit, Christina. [:D]

24. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Anybody start their X-mas shopping yet?

Sad to say to I have, but I wanted to be done early this year so I can sit back and enjoy the holidays.

25. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Shhhh! I'm pretending that Christmas has been cancelled this year. Although, this year I have less presents to buy. Yay for separation! LOL! The whole "gifts costing money" thing is also problematic.o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.