main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Stormtrooper Effect Episode I

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by HC Kenobi, Jun 19, 2013.

1. HC Kenobi

HC Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2013
    Hi guys,

I just created a short Star Wars fan movie using some Stormtrooper figures, some cardboard, and the mobile app Takes. Best way to describe it is half-movie/half comic. I'm still getting used to the process. but I think it turned out pretty well. Any tips to improve? I'm thinking of turning it into a ~weekly series.

You can watch the 1 min movie here:

http://www.takes.com/Take/82269d51b1/

Screencap:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Pretty cool idea. One thing I would change is to make it a little quicker (tighten up the edits).
    Does it take long to make? Something like this seems like it should be a daily series.

3. HC Kenobi

HC Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2013
    Thanks! It doesn't take long to make, but I feel like I don't have the imagination to make an interesting daily series over time with the limited toys/props I presently have. Plus, with the app I'm using to create the series, I don't have that much control over the movie's pacing (which makes the comedic timing hard). The app's really quick and convenient though.
    As I add more character to the series, I probably wouldn't be able to restrain myself from making them more often. But the idea for now is that these are scenes that are consistent with continuity, and have somewhat bittersweet Stormtrooper deaths at the end.