main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The story of Anakin Skywalker

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DARTHIRONCLAD, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHIRONCLAD

DARTHIRONCLAD Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    Two Trilogies, One Saga
    A Star Wars essay by Stephen Helms

Anakin Skywalker was given to the people, so the people with the help of the Jedi would begin to care for one another again, but after Shmi Skywalker was kidnapped by the Tuskin Raiders, things were going to go from bad to worse.

Anakin?s destiny was to go back to Tatooine and free the slaves, but the Jedi did not have faith. When Anakin was brought to the Jedi, the Jedi refused to train Anakin because they had too much faith in their Jedi Code and not enough faith in the Force. Anakin was formally trained as a Jedi because of a dying wish made by Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan begins to have faith in the Chosen One, but that faith would be tested time and time again, until eventually the faith was lost. If the Jedi would have had faith in the Chosen One, then he would of never fallen to the dark. Anakin was created by the greater Force. The greater Force is the part of the Force that helps people find their destinies. Anakin?s life story was telling the Jedi, that all is not well in the galaxy and the corruption must end.

It was the boy?s life story of one born into bondage that was telling the Jedi, with the help of the good people, go forth and fight for the freedom of the oppressed people across the galaxy, yet that freedom never comes to fruition during the decade that followed the discovery of the Chosen One. The Jedi fail the boy, and the Jedi with the people will have to be taught a lesson by the greater Force. The lesson will be a reign of tyranny. If Anakin doesn't stop Mace from destroying Chancellor Palpatine, the people would never have learned the lesson of being indifferent to the corruption in the galaxy, but then Anakin has to be stopped. The greater Force guided Obi-Wan to sever Anakin's remaining limbs to drastically reduce Anakin?s unusually high midi-chlorian count, so Darth Vader would not have became so powerful with the living Force that he destroyed Emperor Palpatine before the people redeemed themselves. Han and Lando were the embodiment of the people?s indifference to the suffering of others and then they became the embodiment of the people?s redemption.

Han was selfish and arrogant when we first meet him, but he was changing his ways when he helped Luke destroy the Death Star. Han redeemed himself in full by going after Luke, when Luke was lost in a snow storm. Han went after Luke for love, not reward, and he almost died in that hostile snow storm with Luke. Obi-Wan helped Han and Luke find each other. Once Han started walking a path of righteousness, the Force helped Han find his destiny. Han was always a good man who cared about others, but he was a product of his environment. Han grew up amidst the corruption that had enveloped the galaxy long before Anakin was born. Darth Vader helped the people come together and care for one another, because when things were at their very worst, the only thing the people really had was each other.

The people saw Darth Vader as the embodiment of evil, but it was the people that brought the evil, because they were indifferent to suffering. After the Trade Federation attacks the people of Naboo, the Galactic Senate refused to act immediately to stop the suffering that was being created by the invasion army?s occupation of the planet. The people of Tatooine were suffering as well. Tatooine was a festering sore on the galaxy with slavery, greed and murder.

Anakin?s destiny was to bring peace, security and justice to the people. When Anakin turned to the dark side, his point of view became that the Empire would bring peace, security and justice. Chancellor Palpatine helped Anakin fulfill his destiny, because he had faith in Anakin and the Force.

The Force was already dark when the Trade Federation invades Naboo. The people control the balance of the Force. If the galaxy is full of uncaring people, then the Force falls to the dark. The people invited the evil by being indifferent. When the Tusken Raiders kidnapped Shmi, the corruption and fear have made t

2. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    why did you write that...
    ?

3. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Because he/she can?

4. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I enjoyed reading that :) , great essay - but i do have problems with it. You're laying undeserved blame on the Jedi, imo, severely undermining Anakins own decisions, faults, flaws and Palpatines lies, deceit and manipulation.

Here are my problems:

the Jedi did not have faith

They overrode their own code, which has stood for a thousand years, to allow him into their order. They made him both the youngest knight and the youngest council member ever.

That alone shows that they did have faith, remember what Padme says to Anakin in RotS:

"The council & Obi-Wan don't trust me"
    "They trust you with their lives Anakin"

the Jedi refused to train Anakin because they had too much faith in their Jedi Code and not enough faith in the Force

Actually, it was the force that told the Jedi that Anakins future was severely clouded - they were refusing him because the force warned them, they were refusing him because they cared.

Anakin was formally trained as a Jedi because of a dying wish made by Qui-Gon

He was trained because the council let him, nothing more - nothing less. Yoda was even against letting him be trained, but the council chose to go against him.

until eventually the faith was lost

And why do you think this is?

If the Jedi would have had faith in the Chosen One, then he would of never fallen to the dark

Yet the Jedi Order had nothing to do with him falling to the darkside, it was Padme's "death" and Anakins inability to accept fate that lead him down that path.

"When you get down to where we are right now in the story, you basically get somebody who?s going to make a pact with the Devil, and it?s going to be a pact with the Devil that says, ?I want the power to save somebody from death. I want to be able to stop them from going to the river Styx, and I need to go to a god for that, but the gods won?t do it, so I?m going to go down to Hades and get the Dark Lord to allow me to have this power that will allow me to save the very person I want to hang on to.? You know, it?s Faust. So Anakin wants that power, and that is basically a bad thing. If you?re going to sell your soul to save somebody you love, that?s not a good thing. That?s as we say in the film, unnatural. You have to accept that natural course of life. Of all things. Death is obviously the biggest of them all. Not only death for yourself but death for the things you care about."

? George Lucas, quoted in J. Windolf, ?Star Wars: The Last Battle,? Vanity Fair, 2005

Tatooine was a festering sore on the galaxy with slavery, greed and murder.

And it still is in RotJ.

not a Jedi Code that forbade love in the Jedi Order.

...No it didn't, there's a difference between forbidding attachment and love:

"The Jedi are trained to let go. They're trained from birth," he continues, "They're not supposed to form attachments. They can love people- in fact, they should love everybody. They should love their enemies; they should love the Sith. But they can't form attachments. So what all these movies are about is: greed. Greed is a source of pain and suffering for everybody. And the ultimate state of greed is the desire to cheat death."

--George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith, page 213

Darth Vader helped the people come together and care for one another,

They did that way before Vader came into the picture, that's what the whole Gungan/Naboo unity was about.

Han and Lando were the embodiment of the people?s indifference to the suffering of others and then they became the embodiment of the people?s redemption.

I agree with Han. But Lando always cared for others, he betrayed his friend/s because he cared for others in ESB (much like Anakin in RotS).

Yoda and Obi-Wan didn?t really know why they were training Luke.

"The part I am working on now is mostly about Darth Vader, who he is, where he came from, how he became Luke and Leia's father, what his relationship to Ben is. In J

5. DARTHIRONCLAD

DARTHIRONCLAD Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    Obi Frans, thank you so much for reading my essay. I'm not going to explain my essay. Star Wars is over for me, the story of Anakin Skywalker is complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.