main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Story of Darth Santa - A Jedi Tale - one post, AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: The Story of Darth Santa
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM, AU
    Genre: drama, fable, humor, a little mushy
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, very young Obi-Wan, OCs
    Keywords: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi, Sith, younglings
    Summary: An old Jedi tale.
    Notes: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers do not catch being my speciality - if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters and the Star Wars universe belong to George and Lucasfilm; I am just playing in their sandbox.

"Have you ever been told the story of Darth Santa?

"No?

"Well, it is a Jedi story. And not one that your elders would be likely to tell you.

"Darth Santa was a Dark Lord of the Sith. Do you know of the Sith?

"No?

"Well, they have been extinct for a thousand years. Defeated by the Jedi. They are not commonly spoken of now.

"The Dark Lords of the Sith adhere to the Dark Side of the Force. Evil powers of the mind and body. They used them to dominate and control others, to manipulate and destroy them. The acquisition of power, especially at the expense of others, was always the ultimate goal of the Sith.

"Well, some people consider that evil.

"Darth Santa was unusual for a Sith Lord. Instead of immediately destroying others to acquire power, he preferred to lure them to him with gifts. He savored the power he gained over them. For the generosity of the Sith always comes with hidden obligations and debts.

"Yes, some people consider that evil, too.

"He was very clever. He did not indulge in overt displays of bravado or cruelty. He did not revel in inspiring fear from those he subjugated. He made himself attractive. He was large and jolly, with long Human hair and beard, white like snow. Much thicker and longer than mine.

"The beard at least.

"Darth Santa was large and powerful. He projected strength and confidence and people are attracted to that. He was boisterous and loud. And he would make people happy with laughter and song. He had a very fine voice. He knew all the old songs of the world he came to that were sung in gatherings about sharing and love and kindness. And he added some of his own songs about gifting and giving.

"He wore fine, bright red robes, trimmed in white. And he stomped about in tall, shiny black boots and he wore a wide belt, like mine, but shiny black on which he hung a large silver and gold lightsaber. But no one ever thought of it as a weapon. He always told people it was just for show. That Sith always had to wear a lightsaber. It was tradition. Whenever he ignited it, he only held it high over his head, like a bright cheerful red beacon.

"No. Mine is green.

"And Darth Santa wore a red hat. All the ancient Sith of that era were notoriously over-dressed.

"The world he came to rule was dominated by a large polar city and when he first came, he arrived in the darkest season and the people welcomed Darth Santa's new holiday. He gave them gifts. He encouraged them to give gifts to each other. But Darth Santa always declined gifts given to him. Instead, he them away. He always said that his gift was the joy and cheer he saw in the faces of others. And none of the others seemed to notice the subtle allegiance that they owed Darth Santa for his favors.

"Well, Darth Santa's holiday immediately became very popular. People very much liked receiving presents; fancy jewelry, hats, toys, little droids, fine food and wine. Small material goods and possessions that made people happy.

"The holiday was even more popular the next year. Darth Santa recruited the previous year's participants to prepare an even more splendid event with more elaborate presents. Fabulous clothes, spectacular holos, stunning decorations. The revelry climaxed in the glorious morning when the gifts were presented.

"Darth Santa was appointed the official prefect over the holiday that he had invented. And th

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A lovely tale to begin Christmas.=D==D==D=

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Great story! :D

4. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Darth, indeed!

5. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Ah that's cute!

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan, Bastet, dm1, ratna: A little late for the holidays, but thanks all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.