main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Stranger Things thread (Tag All Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Jul 18, 2016.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    ...nope, can't even see it that way. I really felt it added to the story and expanded the universe of the series. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm 2 eps into S2 , gotta say - the parents in this show really get on my nerves , not sure why , it'd be better if we were just with the kids' pov .

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    if it were just the kids' pov they would probably still have parents. but do you really just mean winona?

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Agreed.

Additionally, I don't think the episode paid off the way most people thought or wanted to and therefore a let down of emotions of sorts.

Chapter 7 reminded me of the movie Chappie and the TV series Dark Angel.

5. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I think its when they cut to scenes featuring just the parents , it then just becomes like a soap opera ..

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    On Episode 8 of Stranger Things 2 and, just in case one didn't notice, one probable reason they cast Paul Reiser izzat it totally becomes Aliens (which is freakin' awesome). Seriously, at the moment they talk about "The West Stairwell" the soundtrack even includes the iconic tracker "ping" from Aliens. I ain't even kidding.

The most meta thing I've seen in the Stranger Things series is when Mad Max sez the story is good but is kind of derivative and could use some more originality. Great flat-out nod to Reference Nerds like me. Like this particular episode is Aliens at the start (complete with Paul Reiser) and Evil Dead with Will at the end. Which is totally awesome! But I can see the seams. Because I'm a huge nerd. But like the best reference mash-up template ala Star Wars or Tarantino movies, it combines them in unique ways.

Anyway, Paul Reiser needs to be in more things with monsters is the main point I'm getting at.

"It was a bad call, Ripley. It was a bad call." "Bad call? These people are DEAD Burke!!!"

cerealbox likes this.
  8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I finished the second season. It was good. I have one criticism.

Why were there high schoolers chaperoning a middle school dance? Is this a small town thing? Weird.

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    That was the strangest thing of them all...

10. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I personally really enjoyed the lost sister episode gave room for more characters to come in the future, and because its one more episode also it had some star wars vibes to it imo which I saw more than the x-men and also it tied into elevens story really nice have no idea why people had a problem with it.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    What's the Status of Charlie Heaton I heard he was caught at a US Airport with Cocaine and might not be able to re enter the country not even to film? has he re entered the country for talk shows appearances or Saturday Night Live since the incident? and will this be a problem when filming season 3 in Atlanta? have they started filming season 3 already and is this all a moot point?

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Charlie Heaton's scenes will be cut and replaced with more scenes of Lucas's sister Erica and maybe one or two more scenes of their parents.

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    looking good for team steve

jp-30 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

You are Joking right? I sense sarcasm there. If not where did you hear that do you have a link?

I am actually not on team Jonathan anymore Steve redeemed himself with The Bat With The Nails In It saving Nancy and Jonathan,

[​IMG]
    and with how good he was with the kids,
    [​IMG]
    I am now on Team Dustin and Steve, well I have always liked Dustin he Is my Favorite but now Steve Is my second favorite And Sheriff Hopper Is third Favorite but all the Characters are pretty likable even the bad guys.
    [​IMG]

15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Yea I pretty much figured that just making sure. But I am pretty sure I have seen Charlie Heaton on American Talk Shows and Or Saturday Night Live recently as In after he tried to bring the cocaine into the country which means he is probably allowed to come back into our country to Film Stranger Things. I would think If they haven't already started filming season 3 they will start soon.

17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I haven't see him on Saturday Night Live at all, but a Google search told me that he wasn't arrested so if he wasn't charged then he isn't in trouble.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    a google search? you mean you don't just type all of your questions into a jcc reply box hoping for answers from the world's foremost experts?

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Well I saw him on some talk show not sure which one,
    all these funny videos,

or
    <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vi...ideos/1045908485548834/&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
    they all are from talk shows I believe the Original story on his arrest was in the Trade papers, Like Varity or Hollywood Reporter I guess you cant believe everything you read In the Paper Trade Papers are not much better then Tabloids...

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Hi ladygrey45 , have you met @Leoluca Randisi ?

21. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    \
    nooooope, why? ps only read the last two pages of this thread, also I'm wondering if Elevens mom will ever get some justice is there is some way she can fry her back to functioning or is she just stuck like that? :( so sad.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Stranger Things ****posting thread. :p

tom likes this.
  24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    [​IMG]

25. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I got to the end but I can't say I was very impressed with this , Winona Ryder was very annoying , Eleven's sulking got tiresome , yeah there were lots of references and 'homages' but so what .