main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Stranger Things thread (Tag All Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Jul 18, 2016.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think it's a great mash-up like Star Wars or various Tarantino films wherein it takes from a whole bucket of genre things and mixes and matches. You can see the component pieces taken from other things but combines them in unique ways. But Mad Max's reference to wishing there was "something more original" was gold.

I will say, still not a fan of Steve. First impressions are lasting and they had to cast an even bigger douchebag character to make Steve seem more likable. Cast is getting vast if there's a Season 3 they gotta start bumping people off. And not just Sean Astin this time.

Although, while I think Season 1 had some definitely cliffhanger-ness, Season 2 had a more complete ending. The final shot just vaguely implies menace in the upside down but we already knew that. so I'm not sure where Season 3 can go. But Dustin being blasted by the monster flower could make him the Will of S3 if he starts going nuts. Will going missing / going crazy in Season 3 would be a bit redundant by that point.

2. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    S2 was excellent. Much darker than S1 though. Some scenes in late episodes even reminded me of The Exorcist.
    Ended up binge watching episodes 4-9 with several friends and we laughed a lot and talked, probably too much lol, because it was so enjoyable. We loved all the references and homages. Too many to count on one viewing. Lotsa Poltergeist stuff this time too.

I think episode 3 is my fav.

I liked the bigger budget and added fx overall for this season. Can't wait to rewatch all of it.

And we all liked episode 7 too, in spite of the change in tone and leaving Hawkins. Cool homage to SW training in that one too.

So far, S1 and S2 are equal in quality for me. They are both so awesome, yet unique too. Stranger Things is one of my all time favorite shows.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Seven weeks to the day after it was released I finished season 2. Coincidently also 33 years to the day the series ended, if Jonathan’s camera has the correct date.

The highlight for me was around episode 4 or 5 when Steve and Dustin had the hair talk. That was wonderful.

Onto the final episode...

What a pay off that was, one of the best in television history for me. I’m actually surprised they circled back to that earlier hair talk, but they did, and the pay off was completely worth it.

6. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Diggy likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Almost worth it so you can tell the kids who are not Millie Bobby Brown and Finn Wolfhard that conventions are what the rest of their lives will consist of.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  8. thestartrader

thestartrader Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    The BF and I watched S2 as soon as it was released (we didn't watch S1 until this past Aug and finished it almost as fast) and finished it in like 3 days, if only to try and spread it out and enjoy it for as long as we possibly could.

Absolutely wonderful. The final episode was such a perfect ending.

S3 feels like an eternity away, UGH.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love the BLR videos and them listening to Seagulls at the end near broke me! [face_rofl]

@Rylo Ken , I knew by the price of ticket that convention was run by Creation Entertainment. They do the Supernatural conventions and the prices are ridiculous.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Absolutely loved the second season. This has quickly become my favourite TV show. I grew up in the 80s and this captures the era perfectly from the sets, costumes and the score. That aspect of it is so good that I could be watching a 30 year old tv show. The characters are very likeable, and there are some quality performances throughout. Deann Astin was an inspired casting choice.
    he even gets an horrific death
    The effects were also better this time around and the story seemed to follow on very well from season 1.

My only gripe was the episode where 11 goes to meet 8. That seemed a huge diversion to the main story. But overall this was excellent again and is going to be future cult classic.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The side trip for 11...I didn't mind it, I did want to get back to the main story.

However, there is no way that side trip isn't going to lead somewhere in the future, maybe toward some big showdown for the series finale. Think of it like Iron Man 2, but good.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    really getting into Dark on Netflix. Definitely Stranger Things for grownups. Sometimes I expect a marauding troupe of tweens to barge into a scene, but it never happens.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Revyl Ren like this.
  14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I've wanted to start Dark several times.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Let's do it tonight, @vin

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I’m going in Dark

18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    *shows diggy the moon*

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 Will Introduce New Evil, Give Poor Will Byers a Break

20. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    https://www.pcgamer.com/telltale-is-working-on-a-stranger-things-game/

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That is just brilliant! lol

Diggy likes this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I didn't watch the trailer yet, but I heard it'll be next summer when we get Season 3, so have a great summer everyone! See you next year and I hope they don't have to do any reshoots if one of the kids has an awkward growth spurt. At the very least, I hope they have the budget to CG out any puberty mustaches.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Season 3 episode title teaser is out.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Nice! Summer of 85, when Michael J. Fox was at the height of his cinematic powers and The Goonies came out.