main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Stranger Things thread (Tag All Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Unless you are implying the Sarlaac is El's father I have no idea what is going on.

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Only Wocky would consider a hurt deer to be dishonorable.

4. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    there's apparently Molly Ringwald groupies who want her to be in season 2 even though she is dead! I mean Nancy's friend with the red hair someone on here I forget who called her Molly Ringwald, I thought that was hilarious! LOL!

5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It was heavily implied that the deer was taking food from humans without paying.

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

according to the Page on Wikipedia she is not dead she is Very much alive why are you saying she is dead laolica randulphi that is upsetting

jp-30 likes this.
  7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm glad I amuse you. Payback for all the times you've amused me.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

hey dude I consider everybody on here my friends, friends amuse each other!:)

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I recuse myself from this friendship.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  11. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    season 2 opening credits teaser has been posted to vine

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  13. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Some great quotes from this show!

[​IMG]

14. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Two chapters down so far and am loving it.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  15. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Just finished it last night...what an engaging eight episodes that was. Can't wait for season 2.

16. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I've ordered volume 1 of the OST :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

did you order it on Blu-ray?

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Why would he order the soundtrack on blu-ray, Leonard?

Jedi Daniel and Darthmaul208 like this.
  19. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Watched Stranger Things in the past week - superb series, and one of the best TV shows I've ever seen - period. It obviously helps that I'm an '80's kid, and have fond memories of that era. I actually liked the show so much that I want to watch it again in the next couple of weeks

I was amazed at how well The Duffer Bros. made this not only look like an '80's show, but also made it have the vibe/tone of an '80's series as well. If I hadn't known better, I would honestly have thought I was watching a recently-unearthed & long-lost series from that period:

-The PQ was similar to what you would have seen in an '80's TV series.

- No elaborate editing cuts, etc. like you saw in the '90's - on films/TV shows.

-Amazing '80's new wave soundtrack - just off the top of my head, I remember hearing: Modern English, Joy Division, Duran Duran, and many other great artists/songs from that era.

- The synthesizer music - only in '80's TV series/movies would you have heard a soundtrack like this (maybe early '90's as well).

- The effects were not obvious in your face CGI, but more subtle - i.e., similar to effects you would have seen in an '80's series/movie back in the day.

-Cool details like The Dark Crystal, Evil Dead, and Jaws posters; the Star Wars toys (Millenium Falcon), the kids playing Dungeons & Dragons, etc.

Re: the story, very compelling as well. It seemed like a combination of The Goonies, E.T., Labyrinth, and Alien/Aliens to some extent; it also brought to mind the '80's Twilight Zone & Amazing Stories TV series.

The main "monster" (that wasn't seen that much until the finale) was great, as was the "alternate universe" with the snow, etc.

Eleven was an amazing character! Very impressive acting here; the actress never said much, but conveyed a lot of emotion/feeling through her expressions/body language, etc.

It was refreshing that that the show's writers didn't go with the obvious cliché & have the outcast kid (with the camera) end up with the girl; I was slightly surprised that they had the jerk bully kid have a change of heart & get the girl at the end - but, again, it was nice to see a non-predictable ending here.

It was also a nice touch to have Winona Ryder & Matthew Modine as stars in the series, since they were well known '80's teen icons back in the day.

20. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Watching Stranger Things made me go back and reread the great 1980 Walter Abish novel: How German Is It.

I wish the title of the series had been "How 80s Is It" That would have been perfect.

21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Stranger Things mashed up with The Onion headlines

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    jonathan is the ****ing worst

vin likes this.
  23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    We decided to watch the first episode yesterday, since the weather was interfering with normal TV, and I ended up watching the entire season. The premise and execution are excellent. I have always enjoyed stuff like The Goonies and E.T. which were clearly an influence on this and I am technically a product of the 80s, so it shouldn't really be any surprise that I like it.

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Was anyone else getting annoyed when that kid kept dropping the Falcon?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011