main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Strength Inside of Me (Obi-Wan Kenobi) Intertriology. Slight AU FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ZaraValinor, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Up we go!!

PT

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Ben was glad that young Obi-Wan was recovering quickly, although he wasn't surprised, having experienced the remarkable healing qualities of a Jedi. He was doubly grateful that Vader had not come to interrogate his youngerself again. He had to admit he had been worried that Obi-Wan would release his true identity but the boy had stayed true.

Why did you doubt him? he questioned himself. Is it because you know he will fail with Anakin because you have already? Do you think that you were wrong in everything?

The truth was apart of him did. Had he been wrong all those years ago, as a young initiate with the bright hope to become the Padawan to the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, to think that was the right path for him? Questions of doubt had seemed to surround him at the most unexpected times. They had been his constant companion on Tatooine, the only thoughts in his isolation, and yet there were times where Ben could look back on the past and smile.

He had hoped that at those times he had been able to push the darkness away and by doing so one day he could push it out entirely. Anakin's son, Luke, was his greatest hope for this task, the boy having equaled his father in the midi-cholorian test Ben had administered before handing a tiny babe over to the Lars'.

Young Luke's potential had to be controlled or he could often slip out with his inborn talent with the Force. Ben remembered the time that Owen had come to his hut all in a huff because Luke had unknowingly lifted a hydrospanner to his hand using the Force. Owen had actually accussed Ben of secretly training Luke but Ben had kept his promise. He would only train Luke if the boy came to him seeking his guidance. Of course that all came from a certain point of view.

And it counted on both he and the young Obi-Wan getting out of this cell alive and returning the younger Kenobi back to his true time.

Ben looked over at his youngerself who was beginning to waken from the healing trance Ben had put him in. The boy was just as stubbron and Ben remembered being, all heroics and no planning. Obi-Wan could hardly have protected Ben in the state he had been and Ben found it hard not chuckle at the thought. Yes, he found amusement in the universe now, it hadn't always been that way.

Obi-Wan opened his azure eyes in a flickering of eyelashes, then immediately they centered on Ben. "I didn't even feel you," he whispered.

"You needed the sleep and you were being quite difficult," Ben said in feigned admonishment.

Cautiously, Obi-Wan levered himself into a sitting state. "Don't you mean we were being quite difficult. Considering I am you."

"A technicality," Ben said, but threw Obi-Wan a smile.

The younger returned it softly still testing the rest of his body with small flexings of his muscles. "Well, at least our apprentice is thorough. He certainly did a number on me."

"Yes indeed, he is at that," Ben said suddenly more solemn.

"I'm sorry, Ben. That was unfeeling of me," Obi-Wan whispered.

Ben turned and forced a smile. "It wasn't me who endured the interrogation. Come on, you should strecth your muscles after a healing trance."

Obi-Wan nodded and let Ben help him up. "You know there are times where it seems I am injured more often then not."

Snorting Ben lead him through a series of exercises that would waken the parts of Obi-Wan's body that were still under the lethargy of the drugs Vader had pumped into him. They would both need their strength if his plan for escape was to work. Ben's sense of strategy had not left sense the end of the Clone Wars and creating a plan had come second nature.

"How are you feeling?" he asked Obi-Wan as he settled the youth back down.

Obi-Wan let out a sight of relief. "Better," he half lied. "But our apprentice will be here soon won't he?"

"That is my guess," Ben answered.

"Then I should be more then better," Obi-Wan said with added emphasis.

Ben wondered at his younger self. This Obi-Wan believed that anything could be possible. If

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    It appears that Ben and Obi-Wan have discovered a synergy with each other.

Will either of them be detecting that Vader still has good in him?

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    They are so good for each other in this situation.

5. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    I am just enjoying this more and more....

6. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Oooh, nice! :)

Can't help but hope that maybe together they can change the past for the better...

Thanks for sharing this.

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Vader stalked down the corridor of his Star Destroyer. He had yet to decide what to do with his former Master and that brat son of his. What had he called himself? Ornsar? Strange that Obi-Wan would name his son for a father that he had barely known and who had tried to kill him when Obi-Wan refused to join his cartel. The part that was Anakin remembered this with vivid clarity when Obi-Wan had explained his heritage in a quiet whisper.

They had been exchanging stories, an attempt to get to now one another after being thrown together in the consequences of the battle for Naboo. Not often did Vader think about those times it created a conflict to brew inside of him. An occurance he didn't want to happen any more then necessary. If the Emperor were to catch him at one of those times there was no explaining the ramifications.

Coming to the cell he initiated the door lock, having refrained picking up his usual Stormtroopers. An injured boy and an aging old man wouldn't give him much of a problem anyway.

The boy looked better then he had when Vader had left him in the interrogation room. The deep splits and cuts in his face only red thin lines now. The bruise around his right eye when Vader had first belted him was a yellow mass against his olive skin and slightly swollen. What clued Vader into the fact that he was still injured was the way he gingerly held his body.

His former Master looked up at him. "Leave him be, Darth."

"Perhaps I'm not here for him, old man," Vader intoned.

Ornsar stiffened next to his father. "Haven't you caused him enough pain? Do you take such pleasure in torturing the man who raised you?"

"Don't," Vader's former Master warned his son.

"Do you see this boy," Vader questioned, running his black gloved hands down his body. "I'm part mechanical, no more than a droid with human emplacements. And do you know who put me in this suite, boy?"

Ornsar looked to his father and then back at Vader clearly understanding but Vader had to rub the boy's nose into it. "Your father did this to me. Do you think so much of him now?"

The boy returned to stare at his father. "You didn't tell me that," he accused.

"No, I didn't," Vader's former Master answered.

"Ornsar you are strong with the Force but you have only begun to see your potential. Leave the old man as I did and find the true nature of the Force," Vader enticed his enemies son.

8. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Looks like they're getting into mind games here. :)

Vader is still having these memories of Anakin that he's trying to fight. However, I don't think he wants to forget the memories of Anakin. :)

Vader went to the cell without bringing any stormtroopers with him. I think that maybe Ben and Obi-Wan will be able to take advantage of that.

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    WOW!

What an amazing concept you've got, ZaraValinor. And not only that, you've gotten it down on paper (well, whatever :p ) wonderfully! I love how you write both Obi-Wan's - it seems very real to me that one is/will be the other. And you're style of writing is very engrossing - when I saw this was the last post, I was :_| ! Very exciting stuff happening. What is Vader going to do?

More, please? :D

10. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Vader tempting his former Master with the dark side - interesting!

11. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    lol, and wouldn't that make a nice mobius strip out of history?!

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great posts! And now Vader is tempting Obi? Intresting very intresting...

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Fright filled Ben unexpectedly as he looked to his younger self. He hadn't necessary lied to Obi-Wan but nor had he told the boy the whole truth. Now stood Anakin, his former apprentice whoe had hoped to be his greatest accomplishment and had turned into his most terrible failure, tempting his younger self to join him. No knowing the ramifications he could pull on the universe without knowing. What would happen if Obi-Wan was to chose that path, to follow Vader?

Young Anakin would never be trained, would remain on Tatooine. Or would he?

Ben found himself holding his breath waiting for Obi-Wan's answer. The boy looked at him and his expression was unreadable, causing Ben's heart to skip a beat. Why was he so scared? Was it because he had unloaded the darkest future imaginable on Obi-Wan and was afraid of what the boy would do once offered a different choice?

Slowly Obi-Wan turned from Ben and scrutinized Vader. "Never," he said softly but with a resolution that flamed inside Ben's soul. "Never will I turn to the Dark Side." Obi-Wan's azure eyes return to Ben's. "Do you distrust yourself so readily?" he asked, right after he mouthed the word, 'now'.

It took a moment for Ben to understand what Obi-Wan meant by that and then understanding snapped into place.

"Then suffer the same fate as your father," Vader said reaching for his lightsaber.

Red ambient light filled the tiny cell. "Now," Ben reiterated and together the Kenobis flung their amrs out, the power that each of them held merging as it did come from the same person.

The Force grasped onto Vader, keeping his body from moving against the might of two Kenobis. Working in the perfect tandem they had practiced since Obi-Wan had been released from Vader's interrogation, they lifted Vader from off the ground, his large frame hovering centimeters away from both roof and floor.

"You will pay for this, Obi-Wan," Vader threatened his deep voice rattling through the cell. "You won't get away."

Ben diverted his attention long enough to shut down the lightsaber still in Vader's hand and bring it sailing to his own.

Obi-Wan smiled from under his furrowed and bruised forehead. "We've enjoyed your hospitality, Darth," the younger Kenobi said as he and Ben inched through the door, picking up on Ben's name for his former apprentice. "But we don't want to impose on you any further."

Was I really that cheeky? Ben thought mystified.

Fully through the door, Obi-Wan slapped the door shut and Ben drove Vader's lightsaber through it. Slowly they released their grip on the Force and almost instantly heard Vader through himself against the reinforced door.

"Did you get his comlink?" Ben asked, unable to keep the smile off his own face.

Obi-Wan tossed the finger length cylinder into the air. "Indeed. So what do we do next?"

14. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Was I really that cheeky? Ben thought mystified.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I'm saying yes. ;) Lovely post. :D

15. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post. :)

I figured the two of them would come up with something. :)

Vader's going to be MAD!

16. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Just catching up! Excellent! I knew that Obi would not join Vader! Interesting thought about what would happen if Anakin was never trained but Palpatine would still declare himself Emperor and there would be no Luke to stop him.

Loved their plan, can't wait to see what happens next!

17. Lurkalidth

Feb 5, 2003
    Yay! That was a riveting action scene. Well done! :) 'M glad Young Obi was just funning; you set him up so that I was concerned myself.

Hmm, I wonder if YO is having a sense of deja vu himself: it seems like Mature Obi has reacted not-too dissimilarly to Qui did at Anakin's betrayal.

Thanks for posting this. :)

18. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    love the way they work together!

"was i that cheeky?"

YES!!!

19. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    I was wondering about the rammafications on the galaxy as well! But, I knew young Obi Wan wouldn't turn to the Dark Side!
    Wonderful post!
    And yes, Obi Wan, you were that cheeky!

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Obi-Wan was stuffed in a information alcove with his elder self. Ben was frantically pounding at the keys looking for a diagram to the nearest docking bay. Hopefully their they could find a shuttle that would get them off this foresaken battleship.

Obi-Wan had been thrown by the fact that his future self would cause his apprentice to become nothing more then just a mechanical shell of a man. But he could not give up hope just yet. How often had Master Yoda told him that the future was always in motion. Ben had lived through it of course, could not see it in the objective way that Obi-Wan did. He only saw the pain and devastation that had encompassed his life.

"Good," Ben finally said, thankfully tearing Obi-Wan from his dismal thought processes. "The basic structure hasn't changed since they used these things in the Clone Wars."

"Clone what?" Obi-Wan asked, his face scrunching in confusion.

Ben looked irritated at himself. "Forget it," he dismissed. "There are several Imperial curiserd housed here, all fueled and preped, however, getting to them is going to be the problem."

"Is there a weapons cache anywhere near here?" Obi-Wan asked, trying to make sense of the schematic that Ben read so easily.

The aged finger came to point at a cross intersection a hall down from the one they were stowed in now. "Here, but we aren't going to be able to take on the whole security crew. Invisibility is our best weapon. Sometimes the best fight isn't fought at all."

"You must be me, if you can quote Master Qui-Gon without blinking an eye," Obi-Wan said. "so no weapons, how do we move around."

Ben's head tilted upwards to a meter sized ventilation grate overhead. "How are you at climbing through ducts."

"You'd know as well as I would," Obi-Wan shot back, however, he wasn't really relishing the idea of climbing through dusty and grimy ducts. He'd rather be in the open were he could maneuver then in such tight quartes.

Vader was missing something, he was sure of it. Whenever he saw Kenobi with his son it struck him that the two men were far too much a like, even to their voices and mannerisms.

Also there was the interrogation he had with Ornsar. He couldn't break through the boy's shields no matter how hard he tried and yet he felt the answers had come to readily as if he had worked on them.

No it was more then just ready answers. Something his visual memory kept replaying but his mind eye could not pick out. At time where the boy's tunic had come open, revealing a scar ridden chest.

Scar.

What were the odds that Obi-Wan's son would have the same scar as his father, from the way it cut down from the shoulder and curved toward the heart.

And the impossibility of what this revelation held hit Vader in a rush. He had ordered any ship destroyed that exited the Star Destroyer without clearance codes. If that boy was who he suspected he was, the young Obi-Wan Kenobi, before he had ever met Anakin Skywalker, then Vader's life could be destroyed if that Obi-Wan was killed.

Racing at top speed, Vader headed for the flight deck.

"Our situation has not improved," Obi-Wan informed needlessly as their stolen imperial shuttle rocked violently due to barrage of laser fire.

"Really I hadn't noticed," Ben shot back, displaying some of that young cheekiness he had thought he'd lost. "Set cooridnates."

Bouncing in his seat, Obi-Wan keyed in the cooridnates to any designation that would get them away from the enormous monolith in the sky. He didn't have time to think, he entered the first system that came to his mind and locked them in.

"Cooridnates are set," he called to himself.

"Strap in," Ben ordered. "Blast this is why I hate flying."

Vader came to the flight deck hollering at everyone in view to stop that shuttle from being destroyed, but he could already seen the amount of turbolaser fire aiming for the Imperial shuttle.

"Do not destroy that shuttle," he barked, but just as he did the last rounds of laser

21. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
  22. Lurkalidth

Feb 5, 2003
    That was a real rip-roaring piece. :D Wow! I enjoyed how you balanced the Ben/Obi interplay with the action: neither facet of this fast-paced chapter overwhelmed the other. Very nicely done!

23. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Did they escape? A strange twist that Vader has to ensure that young Obi survives inorder for himself to be trained as a Jedi!

LOL at Old Ben's 'Blast this is why I hate flying!'

24. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    eek! oh dear. poor vader. how ever do you bite your nails in a suit of armor?

25. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    How did Vader get out of the cell? :)

Great post. Very much like the young Obi-Wan to want to fight in the open rather than sneaking around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.