main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Strength Inside of Me (Obi-Wan Kenobi) Intertriology. Slight AU FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ZaraValinor, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    yet there was something familiar about this Ben Lars...something that made the dreaded Sith Lord's skin crawl - HA! Good! You stay nice and confused Palpy until it is too late. Did Obi-Wan know what his future self was planning?

2. Phoenix_X-MEN

Phoenix_X-MEN Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2003
    this is some good stuf read it!!!!!

3. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Ben's arm shook under Obi-Wan's grasp, in fact the whole man tremored with spasms that might have come from a starving man. Without trying to hurry him, Obi-Wan guided them through the Temple halls to his and Qui-Gon's quarters.

He was a little shaken himself. When Qui-Gon had paused in the middle of his instructional Obi-Wan knew that there was something wrong and the only person besides himself that Qui-Gon could possibly sense so well was his future self, Ben. It was incredibly annoying to have to be guided to your future self by your Master because Ben was void to him in the Force.

Reaching Ben, Obi-Wan had frozen at the look on his future self. Muderous intent. Obi-Wan may not have been able to read Ben through the Force but he didn't have to, he could read him in his own heart. Knew what it was like to be stretched beyond your limit and had recognized it in Ben, because it was his own.

Obi-Wan punched in the access code to their quarters and lead Ben in, resting him on the couch in the main area. The aged Jedi instantly leaned forward cupping his head in wrinkled hands. A moan muffled under fabric came from Ben.

"Ben, tell me what happened. Why didn't you tell me and Master Qui-Gon about meeting Senator Palpatine?" Obi-Wan asked.

A shiver went over the hunched spin. "What have I become?" it was whispered but Ben heard it.

Obi-Wan was really worried now. Ben had always been sullen, not surprising thinking of the life that they would live and lived through, but this was beyond anything Ben had evidenced before. He sat next to his future self a sense of vertigo washing over him. Qui-Gon had explained that two same beings in the same time would soon come to link, forming the same person. Qui-Gon had warned him to caution, but Obi-Wan knew that Ben needed his presence.

Ben shaking had subsided but as soon as Obi-Wan sadled next to him, the rangy shoulders began to tremor once again. Belatedly, Obi-Wan recognized them as sobs raking the oldsters body.

"Ben, tell me, please," Obi-Wan begged.

"I...I was going to kill him," Ben stuttered out past the sobs. "In coldblood, I was going to take a life. Against everything I believe in and everything that I have survived for."

Shaking his head, Obi-Wan leaned forward trying to catch Ben's eye. "You're not making any sense, Ben. Why would you want to kill Senator Palpatine?"

A laugh escaped from between sobs. "Because whether by his life or death he will destroy me." Ben suddenly looked up with tears in his eyes, streaming down the creases in his cheeks and absorbing into his beard. He reached out and grabbed Obi-Wan's tunic wrapping it around his hand. "The Order has come to a hault, Obi-Wan. Growth has stopped, we have to grow."

Still at a lose, Obi-Wan tried to search the older Kenobi's face looking for answers. "Ben, the Order is growing. There are more Jedi advancing every day."

"NO! Growth, growth in the Force. We forgot it after the Sith wars, we forgot to listen to it," Ben began to rant. "We've distanced ourselves from the galaxy. You cannot serve what you don't know. We're different... but we are still apart of the galaxy. Growth, Obi-Wan, remember that, growth. Promise."

Dazed, Obi-Wan feared that Ben had been too long in this time was going mad because of it. "I promise, Ben. Explain Senator Palpatine to me."

"He creates Vader, but he took advantage of our stagnation. He could have had anybody at his side, anyone who saw our atrophy would have driven the spike in. We fell apart because we forgot to progress," Ben said, a sad smile flittering on his thin lips. "If I had killed him...what I would have become...I would have become him."

"Or worse," Qui-Gon entered the conversation.

Obi-Wan had been so wrapped up in Ben, the strangeness of his conversation that He hadn't even noticed his Master's arrival. "Master, do you understand what he's saying?"

"I do, Padawan," Qui-Gon said. He gave Obi-Wan a look that he knew all too well.

"I'll be meditating on what you said,

4. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Does this mean Qui-Gon has figured out Palpatine is a Sith?

He wouldn't really need the Force to do that either. He could've arrived at the conclusion with some deductive reasoning.

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    poor Ben. but maybe he gave Quigon enough of a hint?

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Qui-Gon passed a hand over his face. He knew as well as Obi-Wan how close Ben had been to making a mistake that would have lead him down the dark path. It had scared him more then anything in his life, knowing that Obi-Wan would one day come so close to this point, but Ben had not gone through with it. Oh, he had stalled under the pretense that there were too many people around but he could have ran Palpatine through at anytime and both he and Qui-Gon knew it.

It did not take a genius to put together that Palpatine was the hidden Sith that Ben had spoken of, the one that would bring Vader to the Dark Side, the one whose first apprentice would kill Qui-Gon himself. It only made sense that Ben would see this as the opportunity that the Force had given him an opportunity that would stop all the heartache the downtrodden Jedi had been through.

But now Ben had had a revelation, he now knew something that Qui-Gon had only been guessing at. That the Jedi had set themselves up for this fall, that they had come to stalmate and the only way to move on was to be reborn in the fires of tribulation. The son of Vader, the boy that Ben was watching over to be the new hope of the future would be that rebirth.

Ben blamed himself for the down fall of the Jedi because Vader had been so much a part of it. When someone you instilled so much of yourself in turned their back on you and twisted your teachings in such a way, you blamed yourself, wondering if there might have been something you could have done to stop it. That was a feeling Qui-Gon knew all too well.

Still he found that he could not counsel Ben in this instance. This man before was what his apprentice would become; a man of wisdom and patience but a man full of pain and remorse.

"I know what you're thinking," Ben whispered after a moment. "I'm a failure. The failure you predicted so many years ago."

"What?" Qui-Gon gasped. Whatever he had thought Ben was going to say it was not that.

"I was going to kill him," Ben admitted, those azure eyes locked on his hands as if he couldn't believe they were his own. "I wanted too, there's a part of me that hates him so much. It's the same part of me that I hate."

Qui-Gon walked away, trying to think of something to say to this. This too, he understood. He had wanted to distance himself from Xanatos, to fight the evil that had once been good, as if Xanatos had betrayed himself. But all he did was spin around and faced Ben.

"Ben...Obi-Wan. You are not a failure. I was a haggard old man, who thought he was finished with life. If failure means waking me back to life I don't think that's much of a failure," Qui-Gon responded.

Ben's eyes went wide in disbelief. "You feel this way? Even now, knowing what he will become," Ben asked surprised waving from where Obi-Wan was meditating then to himself.

"Obi-Wan there is nothing wrong with what you have become. There is no one who can judge fairly because there is no one who has been through what you have," Qui-Gon assured him. "I myself might have gone after Palpatine knowing what you do."

"No, no you wouldn't," Ben argued. "I saw a way around everything. A way to save Vader, myself, Luke, but in the end it would have done nothing but hurt us more. To make things....easier."

"You still could have. Obi-Wan and I weren't close enough to stop you. You did that yourself," Qui-Gon pointed out. "Why?"

Ben nodded. "I realized I would have become him. That I was plotting and scheming in the same way he had been for years. Sometimes you can fight fire with fire and all you get is more fire. I didn't want that." Ben shuddered. "I've been gone to long," he changed the subject suddenly. "Luke might be in danger."

"But we don't know how to get you back," Qui-Gon reminded.

"But I think I do," Obi-Wan suddenly entered the conversation. "If Ben is willing."

7. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Good post.

Now that Qui-Gon has realized about Palpatine, is he going to act on it? Or does he believe that what's to follow is the will of the Force?

Even if he didn't kill Palpatine outright, they could still take action against him. They could have him followed until he leads them to the other Sith. They could gather evidence that he's behind the Naboo invasion. Most of all, they could prevent him becoming Supreme Chancellor.

How are they going to get Ben back anyways?

8. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    ben's gonna go home.. but obi needs to help him... i see a problem i think... or maybe just more homework...

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Slowly, Obi-Wan approached his future self. The solution to getting Ben home to his appropriate time had come to him in meditation while he desperately tried to keep from listening in on Ben and Qui-Gon's conversation. Did he and his Master never reconcile to the mistakes in the past that his future self still held doubt about his relevance to the universe? Obi-Wan could admit to himself that he had feelings that echoed those Ben had just stated. Not that Qui-Gon had done anything to encourage them since Melida/Daan but Obi-Wan felt them
    nonetheless. It had sent sparks of wonder in the young Padawan when his Master had fervently denied that Ben (and by the association of being the same person) Obi-Wan was not a failure. Now that he knew how to get Ben home, he was hesitant to initiate it. Here was a man who knew him inside and out, knew just by looking at his face what he was thinking, with a wisdom that dazzled him. Also a man who needed to see the light in the dark world he had been encompassed
    in. Part of Obi-Wan wanted to save himself from that darkness, to change the future the way Ben had just been tempted to do, the way Obi-Wan knew his Master wanted to, but he couldn't help but feel to change the future would damage the path more then it already would be. Ben had made choices as Obi-Wan Kenobi that would lead him to train Vader, Qui-Gon would make choices that would lead to his death. Obi-Wan wasn't sure what part Palpatine had to play in all of it, except that it was the Senator that lead to Vader's turn.

Most of all Obi-Wan was afraid to precede through his life, the life that Ben had already lived.

To lose an apprentice was a fear he hadn't contemplated before, his biggest worry had been making it to Knighthood and he had never looked beyond that.

Now he knew more then he should about his future and a knowledge that caused his skin to crawl. If he felt this way now what would it be like when he actually cared for the person he would lose, this Vader who he would cause to be sealed behind a black mask for the rest of his life. Ben had never clarified how that came to pass and Obi-Wan had little desire to pursue the matter. He already knew too much.

Ben stood up from the couch and starred at Obi-Wan as though he had suddenly sprouted hair as thick as a Wookie's. "How?" he breathed the word. There was a resolution in Ben that hadn't been there before. One that was more dark acceptance of his personal hell then anything else.

"We have to connect our minds," Obi-Wan answered.

Ben frowned. "But we can't, I can't sense you in the Force and you can't me."

Obi-Wan nodded. "No we can't touch one another but Master can." Qui-Gon stiffened at Obi-Wan's implication.

The elder Kenobi shook his head. "No, that would be too dangerous. Our minds could easily overpower his without even trying if combined. It could kill him."

Qui-Gon smiled gently and rested a hand on Ben's shoulder, Obi-Wan almost felt it on his own. "But the future rests on you Obi-Wan." And Qui-Gon's eyes were centered on both Kenobis. "I am of little consequence. Your training would continue whether I lived or died."

Obi-Wan shuttered. Had Ben told him about his impending death. Two years, he thought sadly to himself. Two years and he will be gone. Obi-Wan was old enough not to need to hold his Master's hand but that didn't mean he no longer needed his Master's guidance. It hurt to think that Qui-Gon would unintentionally abandon him to his future.

"Don't talk like that," Obi-Wan and Ben said simultaneously.

"I refuse," Ben continued. "There have been enough people killed because of me, I will not allow my Master to die..."

Obi-Wan interrupted him. "We don't actually need his acceptance to do it, Master," he addressed Qui-Gon.

"There has to be some other way," Ben argued. "I watched you die once, I can't do it again."

?Then we'll have to make sure that doesn't happen,? Qui-Gon assured both of them. He must have been able to read the sudden fright in Obi-Wan's face.

He had not thou

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    ooooo, NICE!!!

Just found this today and am very glad that I did!

11. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
  12. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    i love this story!! it is so.. deep... to see qui have to dell with the old obi... gads beautifull.... i want to cry...

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Senator Palpatine weas not convinced by the lame excuses that Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn had given for the strange behavior of the Jedi Ben Lars. He had gathered enough to know that it was this Lars that had to do with the strange Force resonance he had picked up on, and it had only intensified when Jinn's Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi had come to gather Lars.

Whatever it was that Lars possesed, Palpatine knew that he could not allow it to continue. Lars posed a threat to him, and he would have to be blind not to realize it. Palpatine was never one to leave a threat at his back.

That's how the secret Sith found himself in the Jedi Council chambers addressing the foolishly blind Masters and revealing the concerns that Senator Palpatine had for Ben Lars' mental health.

"I'm afraid from what Master Jinn explained that Knight Lars may be slightly off balance," Palpatine finished "perhpas the Senate has been to harsh on the man."

The dark skinned Jedi Master, Mace Windu crinkled his hariless forehead. "I think there has been some sort of confusion, Senator Palpatine. Ben Lars is a guest as you are."

Palpatine did not have to fake the frown that came over his decievingly grandfather-like features. "That was not what he revealed to me. He said that Master Yoda had asked him to replace Master Jinn and Padawan Kenobi."

"Made that replacement I did not," Yoda told them. "Investigated this must be."

"It seems to me that Lars is assuming too much as a guest of the honor of your graces," Palpatine smoothed.

"Handle this the Jedi Council, will, Senator. Of that assured you should be," Yoda said.

Windu nodded. "May the Force be with you."

Palpatine hide a smirk underneath a serene smile. Thank you, Master Jedi."

"It is agreed then," Mace said, glancing around to all his fellow Council Members for verification. "Ben Lars will be kept under house security until we're sure what is going on here."

"Strange that Master Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan go along with this they would," Yoda thought out loud. "Perhaps more there is the know we do."

"Nevertheless, I feel we should keep a eye on him," Mace said. he keyed the side comm unit on his arm rest. "Council security isolate and containe Ben Lars. He is most likely with Qui-Gon Jinn or Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Yes, Master."

Qui-Gon had settled down for his morning meditation after Ben had finally quieted and was now getting some much needed sleep. He knew that any amount of nightmare-absent sleep was a rare oddity for the beaten man. The Jedi Master had to admit that he felt lost in this situation, not being able to find guidance in the here and now, where this whole debacle dealt with the possiblities of time, past and future.

He had gone into the first stages when he was pulled back by the sound of his door impounding. "What the..." he managed to get out as he leapt to his feet and ran for the door.

He and Ben exploded out into the main living area in the same instant to face Temple security. "What is going on here?" Qui-Gon demanded.

"Master Jinn we have been commanded to hold Ben Lars in containment while the Council ascertains the purpose to his presence here?" one of the security members informed.

Wouldn't we all want to know why Obi-WAn has leapt thrity years into the past, Qui-Gon thought ironically.

"Ben Lars is here as a guest of me and my Padawan. The Council must understand that he has our trust and thus the trust of the Order," Qui-Gon interceded.

"Qui-Gon..." Ben warned in the same tone Obi-Wan used when warning him against defying the Council.

"I'm afraid you'll have to take this conversation with the Council Master Jinn. We have our orders," the security troop said, producing a pair of binders and advancing towards Ben.

"No," Qui-Gon began to produce, but Ben stopped him with a hand.

Ben held out his wrists to the Jedi security and allowed the binders to click over his wrist. "It is better this way, Qui-Gon."

"I'll speak to the Council. They must see reason," Q

14. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Palpy's up to no good...AGAIN

Such sad last words for that post. I wonder what young Obi-Wan will think of all this.

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Yes sad words but also words that will bring hope to our poor Ben.

16. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Qui-Gon walked right into Obi-Wan's class and stalked right up to his Padawan, yanking him out of class without so much as a word to his instructor. Obi-Wan remained silent until they were outside in the hall.

"Master what's wrong? Master Lorsaal will never forgive me for leaving his class like that." Obi-Wan looked around. "Where's Ben?" His older self absence made Obi-Wan's heart stop.

"The Council has taken him into custody. Apparently, Senator Palpatine had some concerns," Qui-Gon answered snidely.

Obi-Wan's face was morphed into a scowl. "Concerns? Hah! He knows somethings up and he wants to get rid of Ben...of me."

"That is my belief also," Qui-Gon said.

"Master can't we do something?" Obi-Wan asked, hoping that the man with all the answers would have the one to the impossible. "Can't we stop Palpatine?"

"The only way we can do that is getting Ben home, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon answered. "I've been given permission to see him but they want you strictly away from him."

"But then how will we send him home. It won't work unless we touch minds," Obi-Wan argued.

Qui-Gon gave him a sly smile. "I said I had permission but that doesn't mean I still can't defy the Council."

"Master this may be the first time that we are both in agreement on this subject," Obi-Wan returned the smile. "So what's that plan?"

Ben Kenobi sat in his cell inside the Jedi Temple when he was startled by the sound of scuffling just outide his cell. Looking around he tried to find something to defend himself with, assuming that it was an enemy behind the door, but could find nothing that would put up much of a fight.

So he stood up, steadying himself to the fight he suspected was coming when the door jutted upward through it's track grove and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon stepped over the bodies.

Ben groaned and looked heavenward for a moment. "What are you two doing here?"

Mace looked at the security screen that showed Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon sneaking into Ben Lars' cell. "Just as you predicted," he mused to Master Yoda.

"Knew more there was to this," Master Yoda said, pausing to gnaw on his gimmerstick. "Discover the real truth behind this mystery."

"I'll send the guard to pick up Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan."

"I thought we've been through this already," Ben objected. "I'm not going to be responsible for my Master's death."

"But we have no choice," Obi-Wan argued with himself. "Palpatine knows you're dangerous and if he doesn't manage to convince the Council then trying to explain that you are me thirty years in the future will certainly."

Qui-Gon stepped into the argument. "I can handle it, you won't overwhelm me."

"It's too dangerous," Ben repeated.

"We're short on time," Obi-Wan reminded the two of them.

That's when Qui-Gon decided to take matters into his own hands, literally. Reaching out he placed the heal of his palm to both Kenobi's and reached out to touch their minds.

Through the Temple corridors the security force ran with pounding bootsteps.

Though the link with his Master, Obi-Wan sought to touch the mind of his future self, careful not to overrun the driven mind of Qui-Gon Jinn in the attempt. When he finally linked with the mind he heard a voice, as if he were thinking inside his head.

"You gave me my strength back, Obi-Wan Kenobi, made me realize that there was still a part of you inside of me," came the words that were in his own mindvoice.

Palpatine shuttered as he felt the Force build up like a bundle of light in one area, glimmering from the Jedi Temple. It was like a beckon to all that was good and just and Palpatine had to look away from it or be shattered by it.

Qui-Gon heard the words passed between his apprentice from the man who was the future. He linked with both in a firmer grasp. "Remember Obi-Wan Kenobi, you never failed me."

Palpatine was not the only one to feel the bubble of light, but the whole Temple felt it. Wondered what in

17. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

18. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    So Qui-Gon will remember? Qui-Gon will remember!....right?

hmmm, this is interesting

19. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Qui-Gon Jinn was dying, as he had been anticipating for the last two years, since Ben Kenobi, his apprentice from the future had returned to his own home and time. Just as Ben had predicted he had been struck down by a Sith and he would be forced to abandon his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. But for the first time in years he felt no fear in leaving Obi-Wan behind.

Thanks to Ben, Obi-Wan had no knowledge of the dark future that lie ahead of him, and Qui-Gon had found a way to avoid the pit that Obi-Wan would eventually fall in.

As he lay gasping for breath, hoping to hold on long enough to speak with his apprentice one last time, and knowing that Obi-Wan would not give into the anger he was now experiencing towards the Sith, Qui-Gon closed his eyes and thought of Obi-Wan's salvation.

Salvation was a little nine-year-old boy, named Anakin Skywalker, the boy Ben had taught how to swim, Qui-Gon was sure. The boy that Obi-Wan's apprentice Vader would kill. The boy that Qui-Gon planned on replacing for Vader. It would be his dying wish, a wish that Obi-Wan could hardly refuse. It might hurt Obi-Wan a little for he knew that his apprentice had felt brushed aside by Qui-Gon when Anakin had come along.

He gasped as he felt Obi-Wan rise his head and cushion it on his lap. "It's...it's too late," Qui-Gon stuttered the words through the pain.

"No," Obi-Wan refused the truth, shaking his head obstinately.

Qui-Gon found the strength to reach up a hand to wipe the tears from his Padawan's stricken face. "Obi-Wan promie...promise me you'll traing the boy."

"Yes, Master."

"He will bring balance," he said. He will save you. "Train him."

Ben was not back on Tatooine, he was pretty sure that he was not even in his own time. "Hello, Ben," a voice came from behind him.

Ben turned around slowly, wondering at the unfamiliar voice. What he was meant with was a man with sandy blond hair and startlingly blue eyes. "Anakin?" he asked out loud. Am I dead?

"No, I am not Anakin, Ben. I'm Anakin's son, Luke," the man named Luke explained.

"Luke?" he did not bother hiding his surprise. He hadn't seen Luke since he was a babe in his arms before handing them over to Anakin's step-brother and Owen's wife. Luke would be sixteen in his time, surely not the mature man he saw before him.

"For your sacrifice the Force has given you this glimpse of the future. Know that balance is brought through you, if indirectly. And that the Jedi will rise again, my first mentor," this man who stood smiling at him brightly told him his dreams in such an offhanded way.

Ben reeled at the thought. "The Jedi return."

Luke reached out and grabbed his arm, pulling him further into the stone building that Ben had appeared in. As he walked the shadows that had stood behind Luke lightened and he saw a red head woman, a Jedi, training a young boy of about ten in lightsaber techniques.

"See that boy," Luke said with profound fondness.

Ben nodded that he did. "He is strong in the Force."

"He is my son," Luke told him. "Ben Skywalker."

The beaten Jedi turned to Luke with searching eyes. "Ben?"

"Named after you," Luke assured him. "He is the legacy that you and your Order paid for with their blood and sweat. For that I am forever in your debt, Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Luke, I can't believe it," Ben said, inexplicable tears running down his cheeks. "I've dreamed so long, to know that you will live, that you will become this..." he trailed off his words becoming chocked in his throat.

Benevolently, Luke smiled. "Now return to your time, Ben Kenobi. And know that your sacrifice will not be in vein."

Do not be resigned to your fate Obi-Wan Kenobi, embrace it.

"Know that you did not fail."

And with a flash of light, Ben Kenobi, the Jedi once known as Obi-Wan, blinked into his correct time with a knowledge that the Force had not betrayed him. That the warriors of light were hardened and refined by the fires of the dark side. And when he met his fate at the

21. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Oooh-oooh-ooooooh!

What a WONDERFUL ending for this series! I'm so sad it's over, but you did such a great job with it. :D

Kudos, milady! Thank you for seeing this through.

22. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    great story! i like the way Qui-gon stepped right into the trap of the timeline and never knew it.

thanks!

23. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Sorry, I've been lurking for a while. [face_blush]

But Wow! What an ending! :D I'm glad the Force did something to revitalize the "old man," he really needed a boost.

I still feel sorry that young Obi will have to go through all that, but what else can you do.

Thank you for such a lovely little journey across time. I had a great time. Loved the twists and turns. :D :D :D

24. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    Bravo!

Wonderful conclusion. You managed to resolve the possible time paradox very well. It's quite ironic how Qui-Gon spent two years planning to change the future in a way that made it happen after all - because once again Ben never told the whole truth.

Your final scene was great, with Obi-Wan finding new self-assurance and confidence. Now you can understand his demeanor during ANH so much better.

I keep repeating how much I like your storytelling, because it can't be said enough. Keep it up!

25. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Lurkalidth
    Oooh-oooh-ooooooh!

What a WONDERFUL ending for this series! I'm so sad it's over, but you did such a great job with it.

Kudos, milady! Thank you for seeing this through.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

PaddyJuan

great story! i like the way Qui-gon stepped right into the trap of the timeline and never knew it.

thanks!

Everyone kind of gives Qui-Gon a bad wrap but he really as trying to do what was best.

Arldetta

Sorry, I've been lurking for a while.

But Wow! What an ending! I'm glad the Force did something to revitalize the "old man," he really needed a boost.

I still feel sorry that young Obi will have to go through all that, but what else can you do.

Thank you for such a lovely little journey across time. I had a great time. Loved the twists and turns.

Thanks. I feel bad for Obi-Wan too, but to rob him of those experiences would keep him from being the Jedi Knight we all know and love. That's why i usually don't like time crossovers but this one worked out.

Shloz

Bravo!

Wonderful conclusion. You managed to resolve the possible time paradox very well. It's quite ironic how Qui-Gon spent two years planning to change the future in a way that made it happen after all - because once again Ben never told the whole truth.

Your final scene was great, with Obi-Wan finding new self-assurance and confidence. Now you can understand his demeanor during ANH so much better.

I keep repeating how much I like your storytelling, because it can't be said enough. Keep it up!

Ben had gotten far too used to telling the truth from his point of you. Thanks Shloz, I'm glad I continue to write things that you enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.