main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Strength of the Jedi (JA - Obi in trouble...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    The Strength of the Jedi
    By: Jedi_Laura_Kenobi
    Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Star Wars? George does. I?m not making any money from this, either. I do, however, own this story and any unrecognizable characters that I made up for use in this story.
    Archive: Please contact me first
    Author?s Note: Well, here?s my newest story! I have to say, the feedback that I got for my other fics was far better than I ever expected! For those of you who read and gave me FB, you have my utmost thanks! I?m very grateful! Thanks again! :)
    I?ve decided to start a ?dedication? section to each of my other fics?
    At the start of this story, Obi-Wan is sixteen years old. ?* ? *? represents thoughts, and ?/// ? ///? represents Force communication.
    Check out my bio for links to all my fics...
    Summary: A mission to Alderaan takes a wrong turn, and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn must rely on their inner strength and determination to survive.
    Dedication: To Ginger_Jedi. Thank you, my friend, for all the positive FB and support! I hope our friendship continues to grow! You?re so wonderful! Thanks for all you do! :D

Now, without further delay...

~*~*~*~

The Strength of the Jedi

~*~*~*~

?What is it??

?How did it get here??

?What should we do??

?What if it?s dangerous??

?Should we kill it??

?How do we even know it?s alive??

?What?s all that red stuff??

?Nobody touch it!?

?What if it is a weapon??

?It must be that thing we?re expecting??

The noise was overwhelming. Why was everyone panicking? And who was ?everyone?? There seemed to be at least ten people gathered around? by the sound of things ? speaking in a strangely accented basic, but were they really speaking? And what were they talking about? Why was everything so dark? Was he lying down or standing? Obi-Wan Kenobi was confused and disorientated. Very slowly, he opened eyes that he hadn?t even noticed were closed.

There was a sudden silence. Tension pulsed through the Force like the energy from a lightsaber beam. Obi-Wan couldn?t see. The light was blinding. Why had his eyes been closed? As his eyes adjusted slowly to the light, they widened slightly.

He was lying on the ground, although he wasn?t sure why, and at least fifteen ?things? were gathered around him, but his vision wasn?t clear enough to make out what type of things they were. They were in a forest of some kind ? Obi-Wan could see tall trees surrounding him. Blood pooled around him? his own blood. * I?m injured? But I can?t feel any pain? *

His thought was suddenly reversed as he shifted slightly and red-hot pain seared through him. Gasping for breath that was being very elusive and trying to clear his blurred vision, Obi-Wan struggled into a sitting position. As the world around him came into focus, he couldn?t help but gasp softly.

He could now make out his surroundings clearly. The ?things? standing around him were more exotic than anything the sixteen-year-old Padawan had ever seen before.

All of them standing at least seven or eight feet tall, these 'creatures' were enormous. Giant feathers covered their entire slim bodies, except for their faces - protruding from a neck that was about a foot long, covered in a strange glossy material - flat with glittering eyes and nothing else. Each being seemed to have it's own color: glittering ruby, sapphire, emerald, and colors never even named. They stood on six massive legs, which were flat at the bottom like the bottom of a chair leg. They were about as long as they were tall, which made them look all the more imposing. Long tails of beautiful colored hair stuck out of their backsides. Obi-Wan couldn't help but gape at them. They were the most beautiful, and yet the most terrifying beings he had ever seen. He decided he should try to talk to them before they decided to kill him?

?Hello.?

Their reaction was tremendous. With a boisterous thundering, they wheeled around and disappe

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oooh, a great start! Looks like it's not just Obi-Wan who's in trouble here. Now, will the strange creature really help Obi-Wan, or will he cause more pain? And what else will that evil woman cause Qui-Gon to do? I'm looking forward to more!

3. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Whoa!!! For a second there I thought Qui had hit his head!! Or that I"d have to do it for him later......but that besides the point! Good start Laura, but between you and Ginger, it's a miracle Obi's still standing!!!

4. R2-D2_the_Droid

R2-D2_the_Droid Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    apprenticeM I was thinking almost the same thing.

5. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    (gets teary eyes) :_| Laura that's the nicest thing anyone ever said!!! Thank you my friend! :)

LOL M!!! I guess it is a miracle... poor kid... [face_devil]

Excellent start Laura with a very original idea and I long for more! Keep it up! :D

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ooohhhh, I like!!! :) :)

Obi-Wan injured, reaching out to his master only to be stunned by such a backlash of anger directed at him. :D :D :D I look forward to more!!

Post often, post soon!!

7. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Great start. Waiting (patiently, I suppose) for more.

8. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Geez, Obi doesn't get a break does he. He's bruised and bleeding, then he gets yelled at.... :) Good story! Can't wait to read more!

9. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wonderful start, Laura!! :D Poor Obi never gets a break, does he? ;) I love how the woman took control of M-P bond, it creates so much more angst for our favorite boys! Looking forward to reading more, Laura!

*sits down to wait for Obi-Wan to wake up and find himself sandwiched between two pieces of bread*

Ya know, I've heard he goes really well with mayonnaise.... ;)

10. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: Wow, lots of response so far! :eek:

Jane Jinn: Yeah, Qui's in trouble, too... [face_mischief]

M: [face_laugh] Yeah, it's a wonder he's still in one piece - for now... ;)

R2: :D

Ginger: I speak the truth! :D Poor kid, indeed... [face_devil]

Healer_Leona: Thanks! :)

_Cerasi_: Yes, patient is good... ;)

starlight_kenobi: He never gets a break... [face_devil]

gimpy: Thanks! Angst for "our favorite boys" = happiness and joy! [face_mischief] [face_devil] :) Ah, we can make an 'Obi deluxe'!!!! [face_laugh]

Thanks for the FB everyone! It means a lot to me! I surely wasn't expecting so many people to read/give FB! :eek: It's a surprise - but a welcome one! :)

I won't be able to post tomorrow, so I'll post on Wednesday!

:D

11. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Great begining here. I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    If reponses mean it will prompt you to post more and do it quickly heres mine.Awesome beginning,hurt and thinking his master is yelling at him,here we get angst and more angst.PEACE Ewen

13. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow! I'm gone for a few days, and there are tons of delicious Obi torture fics just waiting for me to delve into! Yippee!

Great start! :)

More soon please! :D

14. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Abbi_Cee: Thanks! :)

ewen: Yes, more responses do motivate me to post quicker than if I had no responses... and thanks for your FB! :D

KenobisGirl: Thanks! More on Wednesday!

:eek: I'm still shocked at the number of people reading this! :eek: Maybe, just to show my appreciation, I'll post again tonight...

... you'll have to wait and see... [face_mischief] :) ... the chances are high in your favor, I think. ;)

Thanks again to everyone for the FB! :D

15. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo! Yes! Please do post tonight! It would be such a relief, especially since my Sithly teachers have been piling on the homework...

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    KenobisGirl: Here you are! My teachers are the darkest of dark Sith. Giving homework on the worst possible days is their favorite activity... *sigh*

A million "thank you"'s to all of you who have taken the time to give me FB!!!!! I just started this today and :eek: - so many responses!!!! So I decided to post again tonight as a token of my appreciation! :)

I won't be able to get on at all tomorrow - way too much to do - but I'll post again Wednesday!!!!!

Enjoy! :D

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan Kenobi awoke slowly, reaching out through the Force to sense his surroundings. The Force was peaceful, so Obi-Wan risked opening his eyes.

Two giant golden orbs peered into his blue/green eyes.

/// Are you feeling better, strange one? ///

As the beast?s voice echoed through the Force, Obi-Wan gave his body a quick probe with the Force. Shock rippled through him.

He was completely healed.

/// Y-Yes? I? thank you. ///

Obi-Wan couldn?t believe it. And why had the creature called him ?strange one?? Were humans so unusual here? That could cause a problem?

/// You are very welcome. Do you have a name? ///

Obi-Wan flushed momentarily. Years of Jedi training, and he hadn?t even told this creature his name!

/// My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi. Can you tell me where we are? ///

/// Well, it is nice to meet you, Obi-Wan Kenobi. We are on the planet Oxita. You?ve probably never heard of it? ///

* Oxita? where have I heard that name before? * Obi-Wan racked his brain, but he couldn?t recall where he had heard of the planet. He decided to try and get more information on the creature who had helped him.

/// Would you mind if I asked you a few questions? ///

There was an ?okay? through the Force, and Obi-Wan continued.

/// I know nothing of you or your species. Will you explain a bit about yourself? ///

/// My name is Mazanig. I am a Tsargne. We are a race that exists only here on Oxita. We ?eat? through the Force, and we are the only intelligent life on the planet. Does that help? ///

* Tsargne? the ?Force eaters?! Oh no? *

Obi-Wan remembered where he had heard of the planet. He had learned about the Tsargne in his ?animal defense? class at the Temple. They were giant, beautiful beings? but they were not very friendly to outsiders and they were easily startled. They were especially dangerous to Force-sensitives because of the way they ?ate? the Force. They could suck the life out of a Jedi in minutes. Obi-Wan tried to remember what Master Namala had told them to do if they were forced to deal with the deadly creatures, but he could not remember. And, he thought, maybe they were wrong. Mazanig seemed nice enough?

~*~*~*~

Forest. Blood. Monsters?

Qui-Gon Jinn awoke with a start. His face was covered in a cold sweat, and his heart was racing. He had been having a horrible nightmare. He was standing in a forest somewhere, and there was so much blood? and millions of giant monsters trying to kill him? Qui-Gon let his eyes scan the area, looking for the hundredth time for a way out.

?That, Master Jinn, is where your apprentice is.?

Qui-Gon?s head snapped up to look the plump lady in the eyes.

?What?? he hissed.

?You know, your measly apprentice that you were ?talking? to yesterday? That?s where he is.?

?Where?? Qui-Gon could barely contain his frustration.

?The place you dreamed of. That will be no dream for your apprentice in a few hours.?

?Explain yourself!? Qui-Gon was horrified. * Obi-Wan? *

?Well, at the moment he is very safe? completely healed and being fooled into thinking that he will be okay. But in a few hours the Tsargne will come together and suck the life right out of his body,? Her lips twisted into a cruel smile, ?it will be the worst and most painful death a Jedi could ever receive. I look forward to watching the Tsargne finish him off.?

Qui-Gon was appalled. He had heard of the Tsargne, and he knew what they would do to his Padawan. Anger pulsed through his vein

17. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Wow this story is looking great!
    I always love a great cliffhanger!, Well not really...But I should hope that I will be able to manage until wed...that is If I cam get through school first :)

18. R2-D2_the_Droid

R2-D2_the_Droid Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    Great Job Laura! This is getting realy good! By any chance, are you an author? By this story, I wouldn't suprised if you were!

Yikes! Not intill Wendesday! I'll have nightmares on what'll happen next! Not to metion I almost always have a nightmare!

19. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    School is evil! But enough about that... Great story!!! I'm definitely sensing the possibility of some good Obi-torture.... Yippe [face_devil] :D

20. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo! That was great! Poor Obi... he always seems to become the feast of some Force hungry creature... *Sigh* What I am doing complaining? Bring on the Obi-torture!

More soon please! :D

21. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    I'm sorry, I know it's not nice, but I couldn't help but laugh when Obi found out they were "Force eaters"!! The poor kid never catches a break does he?

We have to wait until Wednesday? Can't you tell you're teacher's fan fic is more important then homework? Maybe you could convience your English teach it's extra credit......... :confused: It could happen!!!

22. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Great start, I am eagerly awaiting more posts. Do I hafta wait 'til Wednesday??? <<<whine, whine>>>

JediCandy

23. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    You know, I'm not good at this patience thing... Good story so far. Wednesday... oh well. I'll wait.

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    meow meow meow yub yub yub more more more
    :D

25. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Uppers! :D

Uh-oh...I have a BAD feeling about this...(don't I always??) :D Great postie Laura! I can wait till Wednesday...I think...Ooh wait, feel don't think...ARGH!!!!!! :p Roll on Wednesday!!!!

*sits in front of her computer screen with wide eyes*

I ain't leaving till tomorrow!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.