main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Strength of the Jedi (JA - Obi in trouble...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Sounds like trouble, but Mazanig doesn't seem to be bad. Could it just be bad publicity and misunderstandings?

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Obi's stuck with a 'Force eater' who appears to be pretending to help him...Qui's going to forced to watch as his apprentice is sucked dry!!! :) :D :)

Don't you just love JA!! :D :D :D

Excellent post JLK!!

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Great post.School iss like Obi torture,you just have to put up with it and get it over with,so we will wait patiently until you are able to post again.PEACE Ewen

4. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Post tonight? Please? Pretty please with Obi on top? :D

5. R2-D2_the_Droid

R2-D2_the_Droid Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    Post more!!!!Please!!!!

6. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone! You have no idea how wondeful it was to get on a moment ago and find tons of FB... :D Thanks so much!!!!!!

Cow_Girl: School's the big problem for me... tons and tons of homework, etc. I couldn't post yesterday because I got up at 6:00AM and didn't even get home until 9:30PM, and I still had to do my homework... Thanks for the FB! :)

R2: Only a fanfic author - not published or anything! :) That was nice of you... thanks! [face_blush] I hope you didn't have nightmares! :eek:

starlight: :p Obi-Torture... what's that? [face_mischief] ;) :)

KenobisGirl: Here you go! :)

M: NEVER gets a break... [face_mischief] If I could convince my teacher of that I'd be one happy person! :p And I'll post now, as long as you make sure Obi's on top... [face_love] ;) :p

JediCandy: Sorry you had to wait so long...

_Cerasi_: Thanks for being patient! :)

Jenny: Here's more! ;)

Ginger: You must be quite stiff from sitting there so long! :p :D

Abbi_Cee: I don't know... ;) :p

Healer_Leona: LOVE JA! Thanks for the FB! :D

ewen: Thanks so much for understanding! I hope never to make y'all wait more that two days - that would be quite bad! :eek: :D

Well, thanks for waiting everyone! Here goes...

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan was having an unusually good time. After he had woken up with his injuries healed, he had asked Mazanig to give him a ?tour? of the surrounding area. The Tsargne must be harmless, he decided, for they were very kind to him and Mazanig was helping him understand more about the planet.

///? and I am sure you have heard the tales of what we do to Force sensitives. /// Was there a slight malice in the monster?s voice?

Obi-Wan looked up, feeling uneasy for the first time since he had woken up.

/// Yes. ///

/// Well know this, Obi-Wan, they are only myths. Tales people have created to scare beings away from our planet. No harm will come your way while you are here. ///

Obi-Wan was momentarily panicked. He had let himself be drawn into a false sense of security. He made a mental not to be much more alert and cautious.

/// Okay. /// Obi-Wan kept his ?tone? neutral. Sudden unpleasant thoughts swirled within his head like whirlwinds.

* Why did they heal me? Was it out of kindness? Where is my Master? Is he still alive? How can I get out of here? Why? why? why? *

He jerked to a halt as a particularly dreadful thought came to mind.

* Did they heal me just so they would have more to torture later? *

~*~*~*~

The metal door in front of him swished open, and Qui-Gon steeled himself. It would do Obi-Wan no good if he went and got himself killed because he couldn?t control his emotions.

But instead of the plump woman, a light purple Twi'lek came gliding elegantly through the door. She was beautiful ? slender and poised. The combined material from her clothes would hardly be enough to dress Master Yoda, Qui-Gon thought with slight amusement. She had an assortment of jewels and trinkets hanging from her scant clothing, and she wore a golden headpiece that had a beautiful violet stone in the center just above her forehead ? a tone darker than her skin and the exact color of her eyes. The most exquisite Twi?lek Qui-Gon had ever seen.

She did not see him right at first, but as she gathered some papers from a desk, she looked up and caught sight of the tall Jedi Master bound to the wall.

A small gasp escaped from her lips and she nearly dropped the papers she was carrying. She didn?t seem quite surprised to see him? just startled slightly.

?Hello.? Qui-Gon croaked out, realizing suddenly how thirsty he was. His throat was dry and cracked.

She seemed to soften slightly, and she smiled at him. ?Hello.?

Qui-Gon realized how long it had been since he had seen someone smile. He smiled weakly back.

?Who are you?? the Twi?lek spoke softly in a slightly accented voice. She hurried over to a cabinet on the wall a

7. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    It's only a nasty cliffhanger if you consider leaving us hanging by our fingernails to a ledge over a 500 foot drop a nasty cliffhanger. :D Which it is... Ready to read more any time you're ready to write it. Good post :)

8. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Um...didn't the bad women say Qui would watch what happened to Obi? [face_shocked] This isn't good.............. But at least Obi realized he needs to be on guard.....But Laura, why do I get the feeling that won't help him much? :confused:

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    poor obiwan and quigon. why does obiwan
    always seem to get in trouble and with quigon watching ;)
    and we wouldn't have it any other way
    :D

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Why do I get that feeling that Obi-Wan has stumbled onto the truth by accident? *hears evil laughter in background*

Was it really just water in that bottle that Qui-Gon was drinking? And what will happen to Obi-Wan for him to watch?

More soon?

11. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *crashes to the floor*

can't...move...body...too...stiff...

ooooooohhhh torture didja say? [face_devil] WOO HOO! Go Laura! UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!! AHAHAHAAAAAA!!! [face_devil] :p :D (**mental note to self stop watching Road Trip)

Laura this is gonna be good... :)

12. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    "Oh no, a cliffhanger!" JediCandy yelled as she scrambled madly at the steep incline trying to halt her forward motion.

"Hey, wait a minute. I forgot. I like cliffhangers!" JediCandy then lets go.

"Weeeeeee!" she squeals as she picks up speed, approaching a cliff. "Wahooo!!"

JediCandy goes sailing supremely off the the cliff, chortling madly as fellow readers cling to the edge, shaking their heads sadly as they stare after her.......

13. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHHHHHHH!! You're SO BAD doing that to us!!! [face_devil]

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!! :D

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    So many good JA,stories on the board,yours included,and I always get hung with these nasty little cliff hangers.Thanx for posting,{I think} lol lol PEACE Ewen

15. R2-D2_the_Droid

R2-D2_the_Droid Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    Luckily the last one didn't give me nightmares, but this one will because where I live(NJ) it's almost time for me to go to bed, and this one's even more scary.
    Post more tommorow! Please!! It will help my nightmares.
    Anyway I think you should be an author whan you grow up.

16. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    This patience thing is going to kill me. I want more!!! *mumbles* patience...

17. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    sorry double post

19. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    NO! poor Obi more please

20. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I'll post again this afternoon! Sorry about the wait!!! School = busy!!!!!!

Realy sorry to leave you hanging!

Until this afternoon, then! :)

:D

21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    starlight: :) Here's the next part! ;)

M: Very observant, you are... ;)

Jenny: Of course we wouldn't have it any other way! Except maybe switching the roles sometimes... :p

Jane Jinn: I hope this is soon enough... :)

Ginger: [face_laugh] Thanks! :D

JediCandy: :p :)

Knight_Maria: [face_devil] Here ya go! A post! ;)

ewen: You think?!?!?!? :eek: ;) :D Thanks!

R2: [face_blush] That'a very nice of you! Sorry if I gave you nightmares! If so, the definately DON'T read Ginger's Silent Nights... :p :) (LOL, Ginger)

_Cerasi_: Sorry about the wait! But here's a post, see?

Jenn-Kenobi: :)

Cheryl_Kenobi: You asked for it... :p

Anyway, now on to the promised post! :D

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan was getting very edgy. The Force warned of danger? but the specific source of the danger was eluding the young Jedi.

/// Please wait here for a moment, Jedi. I will only be a moment. /// Mazanig spoke softly, and yet Obi-Wan could detect a bit of wickedness in his soft tone. Dread washed through him.

Obi-Wan lifted his chin ever so slightly. He gave a brief nod.

As soon as Mazanig was out of sight, Obi-Wan heaved a heavy sigh. What was going on? How had Mazanig known he was a Jedi? This was getting to strange for comfort?

/// Master? Can you hear me? /// The Padawan sent out a hopeful message to his mentor. No reply. Obi-Wan lowered his eyes. Why couldn?t he connect with Qui-Gon? Was he wounded? or worse? The sixteen year old felt a slight stab of alarm. What was he going to do? He fingered his lightsaber apprehensively. Why were they letting him keep it if they were going to harm him? It was a question he wanted an answer to. * I just want to know what is going on! Force, why do I feel so lost? *

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon could not tear his eyes away from the giant screen that loomed in front of him. He watched horrified as Obi-Wan fingered his lightsaber ? a sign that he was uncertain. He felt his apprentice?s call through the Force, but he could not reply no matter how hard he tried. * Oh, Obi-Wan? stay on your guard. Don?t let them catch you by surprise! Be strong my Padawan? * Qui-Gon wanted to be there with Obi-Wan. He didn?t want his Padawan to have to face anything alone.

?I know it?s a bit boring at the moment, but don?t worry ? it will get better. The action and bloodshed will come soon.? The fat lady smiled arrogantly.

Qui-Gon wanted to kill her. It was un-Jedi-like, but he didn?t care. He wanted to kill this woman who was going to cause his Padawan agony. He glared at her.

?Don?t loose your cool, Master Jinn. It?s unbecoming of you.?

?Really?? Qui-Gon growled out through clenched teeth.

The obese woman just smiled.

Qui-Gon?s attention moved back to the large screen and his Padawan?s face. Although the young Jedi?s face was calm and unworried, his eyes were swirling with mixed emotions. Qui-Gon REALLY wanted to strangle the woman now ? and she was just standing entranced on the screen like it was a holo-vid.

Suddenly, there was a small clicking noise behind him. Qui-Gon started to turn his head, to figure out what was going on, but a very soft voice stopped him.

?Don?t move.? The voice was female?

There was another clicking noise, and Qui-Gon felt his restraints loosen enough so that he could get out of them. Hope surged through him for the first time in days. But who?

?You are free. Go to him.?

To who? Obi-Wan? * You bet I will? *

He looked over at the overweight woman. She was insanely engrossed in the screen, and Qui-Gon knew if he was to make a move it needed to be now.

* But what about my control over the Force? *

No sooner had the thought occurred to him the Force returned to his control. He nearly gasped out loud, but managed not to. Who was helping him? And why? Was this some kind of trap?

He didn?t care at the moment. Very slowly he freed himself of the restraints, and glan

22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, Obi-Wan is quite strong in the Force, so it might take these Force-eaters quite a long time to consume it all...do you think they actually suck the midichlorians out of his cells? That'd be painful. Or do they "eat the Force" another way? Maybe I don't want to know the gruesome details.

Just a good long scene of Obi-Wan in agony while Qui-Gon desperately tries to reach him!

;)

23. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Oooooh, I always like a good cliffhanger... :^| That was cool Laura! :D

*shakes her head* of COURSE people are enjoying this!

1) It's a way groovy fic
    and
    2) Well written Obi-torture and Qui angst [face_devil]

Ok, I'm gonna...dance while I wait fot the next post

*sticks on Moulin Rouge soundtrack*

24. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    This one was worse....No contest......

Hm......looks liike Obi's in trouble again..... [face_mischief]
    So if Qui gonna break any speed records getting there? 8-}

25. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Oh boy... *eying the lastest post*

Uh, How long does it take for these *Force eaters* to *eat* a Jedi?

Lets see... three days for Qui to get there... unless Obi gets out of this *some how*, he will be nearly *but NOT* dead. Well of course something could always happen to Qui too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.