main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Strength of the Jedi (JA - Obi in trouble...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I want the creature to suck enough Force outta the boy to make him go through excruciating pain, but just before Obi dies, Qui will arrive and kick the creature's overgrown toosh and will save Obi within a heartbeat of his life...

Gosh, when did I get so sick? Oh well! Bring it on! :D ;)

2. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    You're just trying to teach me a lesson aren't you? One moment of great story followed by cliffhanger... more patience needed. Fine, I'll play your game... :)

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was so hoping the myths of the Tsargne were untrue...

Will Qui-Gon make it in time??? Will Obi-Wan survive being dinner???

Don't know why but the sudden image of five Tsargne all leaning in toward Obi-Wan with a straw to their mouths suddenly came to mind. :) :D :)

4. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Jane Jinn: Obi in agony = happy readers... :p ;)

Ginger: I know how much you love cliffhangers - I think you mustbe rubing off on me! :p Ohhh... MR soundtrack! Turn it UP and put it on 'Come What May'... :)

M: So this one is worse, huh? [face_mischief] Qui's got a little problem on his hands, doesn't he? And poor little Obi - he's in a lot of trouble! [face_devil]

Jenn-Kenobi: I wonder if you'll get to find out how long it takes... ;) I'm not telling! :p They're walking a tight line here, aren't they? [face_devil]

KenobisGirl: [face_mischief] Hmmmm... sounds interesting... [face_devil] :D

_Cerasi_: Well, are you learning? :p

Healer_Leona: "Don't know why but the sudden image of five Tsargne all leaning in toward Obi-Wan with a straw to their mouths suddenly came to mind" - [face_laugh] That's funny!

Well, I'll post again either tonight or tomorrow!!!!! Which would you prefer? ;) :p :) :D

Thanks so much to everyone for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

5. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Do you even have to ask? :confused:

All right then......

TONIGHT POST TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my vote anyway.... :D

6. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    I second that! :D

7. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    "Kibbles 'N Bits, Kibbles 'N Bits! I'm gonna get me more Kibbles 'N Bits!"

JediCandy

8. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Well, you asked for it y'all! Remember that at the end... :p

M and Jenn-Kenobi: Okay! Tonight it is! :)

JediCandy: :D

Here is the next part!

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan Kenobi was horrified, although he showed no outward signs of fear. There were seven Tsargne surrounding him ? and they didn?t look too cheerful. He decided his best choice was to try and negotiate with them and if all else failed? he kept his hand on his lightsaber.

?W-what do you want from me?? his voice, to his utter dismay, cracked slightly. * Don?t let them see that you?re afraid, Kenobi! Think! *

One of the Tsargne ? a particularly large purple-toned beast ? snorted loudly. Obi-Wan resisted the urge to squirm.

/// What do you think we want? Jedi? /// The last word was snarled as if it were a curse. Obi-Wan swallowed.

?Please, I mean you no harm??

?We don?t fear you, Jedi. We?re merely hungry ? and you will supply the seven of us a nice meal.?

Obi-Wan was at a loss. Should he continue to negotiate or should he fight for his life?

The Tsargne made the decision for him. One of them suddenly let out a loud cry and leapt at Obi-Wan from the right. The young Jedi barely had time to drop to the ground and avoid being trampled by rolling quickly to the left. He suddenly remembered something his animal defense teacher, Master Namala, had once told them.

* ?The Tsargne have to actually touch you to be able to such the life-force from your body. If you do nothing else just don?t let them touch you.? *

The thought had great effect on Obi-Wan. They must not touch him. That meant the best course of action was to run.

All of the Tsargne suddenly leapt for him ? coming from all directions. Obi-Wan pulled the Force around himself like a blanket. He had done this sort of thing before?

With a giant surge in the Force, he leapt straight into the air and levitated himself over the heads of the angry Tsargne ? who couldn?t stop in time and slammed into one another.

As soon as his booted feet hit the soft ground, Obi-Wan took off running.

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon Jinn was utterly dismayed. He watched as his Padawan leapt over the heads of the Tsargne and took off. The camera must be a droid of some kind, he decided, because it followed his apprentice as he ran.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to the Jedi Master. The woman could have lied to him?

He whirled around to face the plump lady who was tied to the wall. Striding over to within two feet of the woman, he raised his hand and nudged her mind with the Force.

?You will tell me where my apprentice is.?

?Room 1453.?

Qui-Gon was startled. Was Obi-Wan in the building?

?Tell me how to get there.? Qui-Gon pushed into her mind, forcing her to answer.

?Go right out of the door and go to the turbolift at the end of the hall. Floor 6 is your stop. Go left out of the lift and it is the last room on the right.?

Qui-Gon felt a brief surge of hope. Obi-Wan was in the building! That meant he could help him!

?Thank you.? Qui-Gon muttered sarcastically. Suddenly, he noticed a small gadget on the woman?s table. It was a miniature screen showing Obi-Wan ? who was still running for his life. Qui-Gon snatched it from the table and ran out of the room.

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan was running faster than he ever had before. The trees around him seemed to blur together and create a big brown/green wall. He could hear the Tsargne behind him, and his heart began to hammer out of control. Terror built up within him but he reached into the Force and pushed the emotion away. He needed all his concentration to stay alive now! He turned slightly to look over his right shoulder to look for the Tsargne?

*** WHAM ***

Obi-Wan screamed out in intense pain as he hit something VERY hard and apparently metallic ? sending his body sprawling backward. He heard the sickening cracking of bone in his left arm and felt the white-hot pain shoot throughout his body like a thousand knives. He also felt

9. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    If you do this to me again I may tear out my hair. Patience kills, remember that. ;) [face_laugh] Well, maybe it doesn't.

10. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    oh no you didn't leave it like that!

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I loved your last post,but of course,we will HAVE to wait on QGJ to saget to OBI.You love cliff hangers don't you,I love them too only after I have read the end result.PEACE Ewen

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I loved your last post,but of course,we will HAVE to wait on QGJ to get to OBI.You love cliff hangers don't you,I love them too only after I have read the end result.PEACE Ewen

13. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    NO! NO! YOU JUST DID NOT DO THAT!

YICKS!!! "Hold on Obi!"

Girl, you are so cruel! Obi is not only running for his live, you have him in PAIN!

;) Well I guess that is what Obi-torture is all about!

"Qui-Gon get you butt MOVING!"

14. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Well, at least their in the same building......Uh, Laura? When we said we wanted a post tonight, we didn't mean we wanted a cliffhanger!!!!!! :mad:

POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Oooh, interesting turn of events! [face_devil]

Cool post! Let's hope Qui gets his freakishly tall self there FAST!

I'm rubbing off on you? My cliffhangers weren't that bad... [inocent eyes] LOL! [/innocent eyes]

Come What May Laura? Well, you're the wicked writer so I guess you can have it! :)

*turns up music*

I won't sing along. I can't carry a tune... :p

Postie soonie pleasie! :)

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    What the plump woman did not tell Qui-Gon: the room where Obi-Wan is being held is actually at the center of a very large three-dimensional maze... ;)

17. R2-D2_the_Droid

R2-D2_the_Droid Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    The one post did give me nightmares so you know. In one of my dreams I was Obi-Wan in your stort, Good post, keep posting. I like this Obi-torture.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ah ha!!! Obi's in the same building??? Hmmm, deceiving us all along, were you Laura?? :) :)

Excellent post!!

19. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    _Cerasi_: Don't pull your hair out! :eek: That'll hurt! ;)

Cheryl_Kenobi: Yup, I did... :p

ewen: I don't know how I developed this 'cliff-hanger addiction'... :p Thanks for the FB! :)

Jenn-Kenobi: [face_mischief] [face_devil] I know... :p

M: Well you never said you DIDN'T want a cliffhanger... ;)

Ginger: Yeah, he should be able to get there pretty fast with his extra long legs! :) Oh yes! Come What May! [sings]"Listen to my heart - can you hear it sing? Tellin' me to give you everything! Seasons may change - winter to spring... but I love you - until the end of time..."[/sings] I LOVE that song (and the movie!)!!! :D

Jane Jinn: [face_laugh]

R2: Nightmares! :eek: Oh my! Sorry! :eek: I'm glad you're reading anyway! :) Thanks!

Healer_Leona: I can be very decieving... [face_laugh] Thanks for the FB! :)

Well, I'll post later tonight after I finish up my homework! :p :) thanks to everyone who is reading/giving FB! I really appreciate it! :D

20. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    Post more soon!! And I hate homework. I really ought to hunt down the Sith that invented that....

21. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Hmmm, so I'm guessing that sudden Wham! was Obi hitting a wall? Is any of it real? What about the Tsargne, are they real too or just an illusion? Well just in case, better hurry to the rescue Qui. ;)

22. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Red_Forever: I'd be happy to assist you in that hunt! Homework is the worst! And I'm taking all honors classes so I have TONS!!!!

Abbi_Cee: Yeah, that was Obi hitting the wall... [face_devil] :p

Here's another post! THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone for reading!!!!!! :D

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon rushed down the hall and into the lift, sending it shooting toward the 6th floor. He spared a moment while in the lift to look at his Padawan on the small screen.

And watched as his apprentice slammed into a metal wall, screamed out in pain, and dropped to the ground. Even through the screen with it?s bad sound Qui-Gon could hear the cracking of bone. Obi-Wan?s face was twisted in pain and it looked like he was having trouble taking in a breath. Qui-Gon tried to will the lift to go faster.

And then he heard a voice in his mind that struck panic into his very soul.

/// I?m sorry? Master? ///

No! Qui-Gon was nearly frantic! Obi-Wan could not give up! Not now!

/// Obi-Wan! Padawan, I do not have time to explain the situation to you but I am ordering you not to give up! I?m coming for you, Obi-Wan! Do NOT give up, my apprentice? help is on the way! ///

/// Can?t br-breathe? M-Master? hurts? ///

/// I know, Padawan, I will be to you before you know it ? hang in there! Be strong! ///

/// Yes, Master. ///

Qui-Gon knew he didn?t have much time. As the lift came to a halt, Qui-Gon took of running down the hall ? hoping he could reach his Padawan in time?

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan was so happy to hear from his Master (in a normal status) that he could barely think straight. Qui-Gon was okay! A thundering behind him caused him to raise his bruised head off the ground a bit to look at what was going to happen. All seven Tsargne came crashing out of the forest ? looking VERY mad. Obi-Wan wondered if it would hurt to die this way?

The Tsargne approached slowly ? taunting him with their every movement. The young man let his head fall back to the dirt in defeat. But suddenly the image of his Master came to mind, and he leapt to his feet in one smooth motion ? trying to ignore the intense pain that coursed through his body and the struggle he was having with breathing. He would follow Qui-Gon?s orders.

/// Ah, so the young Jedi is going to put up a fight, eh? How do you expect to win, young one, with the use of only one arm and multiple other injuries? You will die as we found you ? helpless and afraid. ///

?I am not afraid of you.? Obi-Wan felt better speaking the words aloud. It was a bit more ?real? than speaking through the Force. But it did make his head throb terribly?

/// Oh? Well perhaps we can fix that for you? ///

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon listened to his apprentice as he said he was not afraid. Pride swelled within him at his Padawan?s bravery, but a feeling of dread overwhelmed it.

Racing down the hall, he counted the numbers on the doors.

?1440?

He continued to run.

?1447?

He felt a strong surge of panic from Obi-Wan, and he pulled the screen up to see what was going on?

~*~*~*~

You know, I'm not sure if I've had a post yet in this story that was NOT a cliffhanger... [face_devil] :p I wonder if that's good or bad... ;)

Thanks again to everyone for reading! :D

23. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    If only we all had a little screen to watch Obi-Wan being tortured on.... :D Guess he won't be using that arm for a while will he. [face_mischief] hehehe. Poor Obi-Wan. Can't wait to see Qui-Gon start plucking those Tsargne. :)

24. R2-D2_the_Droid

R2-D2_the_Droid Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    That was great Laura! Keep up the good work and post more soon. -R2

25. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    *falls to the floor in a dead faint*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.