main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Strength of the Jedi (JA - Obi in trouble...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrianaJinn

TrianaJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2001
    I'm not quite sure how I missed reading your terrific story so far. I really like the Obi torture you have going here although the cliff hangers are a little annoying. :)

2. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Laura, since I know where you live, I suggest you post soon........ :D In the meantime, I'll just sit right here and wait..........

3. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Fine, I'll just sit here and wait patiently until you post again.

(Five seconds go by) Will you hurry up?

:)

4. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    You know, now that I think on it, I'm not sure if you've ever left us in a non cliffhanger state... in fact I can think of quite a few authors who are in the habit of leaving us poor readers hanging. Is the amount of reader torture the author leaves us in proportional to the amount of Obi/Qui torture we get? (sounds like one of those algebra problems doesn't it?) ;) Anyway, Hurry Up Qui-Gon! Obi needs you!

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    *fall's over and fants*

6. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Poor Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, hope they can get out of this one okay.
    Great work again.
    Can't wait for the next part.
    This could get very interesting.
    :)

7. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Hey! *knocks on computer screen* Laura, we need another post!!! Obi's not dead yet!!!! ;)

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love each post ending in a cliffhanger!!

Excellent post Laura!! :) :)

9. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    *rubs the sore spot on her aching head*

Where's the post??

10. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Aah, how refreshing to see another superb cliffy! :) Keep it up Laura!

Yes Moulin Rouge rules! LOL! Made me [face_laugh] , made me :_|

:p

11. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    AHHHH!!! :eek:

Bad place to stop!!! :D Excellent story thus far!

I hope the next post is soon...

12. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: FOUR PAGES!!!! :eek:

I think this calls for a POST! :D

starlight: Yeah, don't we wish! :p

R2: Thanks! :)

Jenn-Kenobi: You okay? ;)

TrianaJinn: Well I'm glad you stumbled in here! :p Thanks for reading! :D

M: :eek: *runs to find a change-of-address form...* :p Here's a post! :)

_Cerasi_: Well, five seconds is an improvement over... well... four seconds! [face_laugh]

Abbi_Cee: ALGEBRA?!?!?!?!? Talk about a sith invention... but it isn't as bad as chemistry! :eek: Algebra II = a BAD mood! Chemistry = REALLY BAD mood... plus a headache! :p

Jenny: Uh, Jenny? Jenny? Wake up... there's a post... Jenny?

Broken-Sabre: Thanks! I try to be interesting... :)

gimpy: Ah... yet! [face_devil]

Healer_Leona: You and Ginger only! ;) Thanks! :D

Ginger: Thanks! *sigh* I wish I could see Moulin Rouge again... and again... and again... :p

Jedi-Faith: Bad place to stop + excellent story = readers? ?[face_plain] [face_laugh]

And now... *drum roll and cymbal crash* (sorry, been doing TONS of band stuff lately... ;))

A POST!!!!!! :D

~*~*~*~

As three of the Tsargne leapt at him, Obi-Wan brought his lightsaber out in a feeble attempt to stop them from killing him.

But he didn?t need it.

In a blur of purple, the three Tsargne were headless, and the remaining four looked slightly shaken. Obi-Wan was so shocked he could only stand ? lightsaber ignited ? and gape at the dead bodies. What the?

A movement to his right caught his attention, and he whirled around to see who or what had saved him ? a bad move as his head spun a little too far in his mind and his knees buckled, sending him crashing to the ground again. His lightsaber shut off and landed near his head, only slightly to the right. Pain seared anew through his body, and he groaned in agony.

* I seem to have a knack for landing on my face in the worst possible situations? *

Lifting his head ? slowly this time ? he searched for whatever had saved him. All he could see was the remaining four Tsargne ? ho seemed to be regaining their courage ? and the trees. But there had been something else? he had seen it! It had come flying through the air and sliced those three Tsargne?s heads off! A blur of purple?

/// Now, Jedi, we finish you off. ///

Groaning in pain, Obi-Wan tried to get up again. But his strength was spent, he could barely breathe, and he could not get to his feet. A choked sob escaped from his lips as his right arm fell out from under him and he landed partially on his broken left arm. He swore quietly at himself, and gasped for breath that somehow managed to escape from his clutch. The sound of the Tsargne moving caused him to lift his head ? a very difficult task in the present moment. They were advancing on him, and he was helpless to move, to fight. He was going to die.

Obi-Wan Kenobi lowered his head and closed his eyes, steeling himself for whatever was to come.

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon Jinn watched the screen in horror as the Tsargne advanced on his Padawan ? ready to finish him off. Running and watching a miniature holo-screen was not an easy task, but Qui-Gon could not take his eyes away from his Padawan?s young frame.

Obi-Wan pulled out his lightsaber and stood, defiant and scared to death, as the beasts gained on him. Three of the Tsargne suddenly leapt at Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon thought he was going to faint.

But suddenly, there was a flash of purple and the three Tsargne were headless. The look on Obi-Wan?s face would have been humorous if not for the deadly situation.

Pulling the screen away from his face, the tall Jedi Master looked at the number on the door he was passing.

1451?

?1452?

?1453.?

As Qui-Gon slid to a halt in front of the door that lead to his Padawan, he wasn?t sure if he should be horrified or excited.

The door had been blasted off.

Without another thought, Qui-Gon Jinn raced into the room and began a desperate sea

13. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Oh my gosh!

:eek: Some one help Obi!

14. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Laura, LOL!!! [face_laugh]

Now, repeat after me:

"Posts are good."
    "Obi torture is even better."
    "Cliffhangers are BAD !!!!!!!!!!!"

A change of address won't stop me..... [face_mischief]

15. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Appretice M,

If you threat the author or plan to torture her, that means no post. And if there is no post, I am not going to be a happy reader. And since I won't be a happy reader then I guess I have to track you down for harming Laura.

Smile!

J-K

16. R2-D2_the_Droid

R2-D2_the_Droid Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    Great post! Keep posting, and write more soon! I don't have much homework at all! but my mom only lets me on 1 hour a day bacause of school!

17. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    What happened? What killed the Tsargne? Is it friend or foe? Qui-Gon hurry up! What are you doing rubber-necking when Obi needs you!

18. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! OMG! Pweeeease don't kill him! Sheesh! I've only been gone for a few days, and there are a large number of posts and cliffhangers...

Must... have... more... SOON!!! :eek:

19. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    It was a purple blur. That means that BARNEY saved Obi-Wan!!

I love you
    You love me
    We're a happy family....

What? (as JediCandy dodges rotten tomatos being thrown at her)

JediCandy

***actually, I'm betting on the twilek (sp?)***

20. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    :) Really, I won't hurt her..........

JediCandy, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ***wakes up to read the post how could you leave us there like that laura passes out again*** ;)

22. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Good one Laura :)

Don't listen to everyone else. Cliffhangers are a must have :)

23. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I know most all of you have heard about what happened today at the World Trade Center twin towers in New York City, and the Pentagon in Washington DC...

My deepest and most powerful condolence to those involved, those whose loved ones were/are involved, and to the American people in general. I am so very sorry...

*bows head in a moment of silence to respect and remember*

There are no words to describe how terrible this is... but I hope that, however terrible, we can learn from this and come out of it as a better people, as a better Nation, and as a better world.

My heart goes out to everyone involved, and to all Americans. We must be strong... and we will get through this.

24. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Laura, well said.

25. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Thanks, M. I feel so empty, so upset and sick. It's so horrible... :_|

Well, I know some of you will think I'm crazy, but here's a post! Terrorists want to disrupt our daily lives, so I'm going post so that they fail to do that to me.

Jenn-Kenobi: :)

M: "Posts are good." "Posts are good." "Obi torture is even better." "Obi torture is even better." "Cliffhangers are BAD !!!!!!!!!!!" "Cliffhanger are... bad?!?!?!?!? No they're not! :eek:" :p

R2: Ah, I wish I had much less homework...

Abbi_Cee: Hmmmm... I don't know... [face_mischief]

KenobisGirl: Soon enough? :D

JediCandy: NO!!!!! STOP!!!!!! :eek: NO BARNEY!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! ;)

Jenny: Oh no, not again! Wake up! here's another post! Jenny...

Ginger: Cliffhangers = [face_mischief] [face_devil] :p :D

Here's the post...

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan kept his eyes closed as he waited for the pain ? for death. He waited, and waited?

Without warning, there was the recognizable *snap-hiss* of a lightsaber and the sound of it whirling through the air. Obi-Wan wondered what was going on, but he barely had the strength to stay awake, much less look around!

?Stay away from him.? A soft female voice rang out in the quiet room.

* What in the name of the Force is going on? There is another Jedi here? *

Obi-Wan was confused. The hum of the lightsaber continued, and Obi-Wan dared to raise his head as high as possible.

There was only one Tsargne left. The three that had just been killed looked as though they had messed with an angry chef. The remaining Tsargne looked frightened and angry. Suddenly it lunged at Obi-Wan ? a desperate last struggle. Obi-Wan lowered his head to the ground ? too weak to really care what happened to him ? and he heard the lightsaber come down again?

Silence.

Obi-Wan hardly dared to breathe. Or was it that he couldn?t breathe even if he wanted to? He couldn?t remember. The world was spinning strangely and he began to drift into unconsciousness?

But the voice of his Master snapped him back into reality.

?Padawan??

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon stopped short at the scene before him.

His Padawan was lying facedown on the ground, and all the Tsargne were dead. Questions whirled through his head, but now his main concern was Obi-Wan.

?Padawan?? The Jedi Master spoke softly so as not to frighten the young man.

Obi-Wan?s head snapped up, searching desperately for his master. It was obviously a bad move, as the apprentice?s eyes rolled back slightly into his head and he nearly passed out.

Qui-Gon was beside the young Jedi in a flash. Taking his apprentice?s hand, he sent waves of comfort and love to his injured Padawan. Obi-Wan groaned softly.

?M-Master?? The voice was weak and laced with pain, but it was also full of relief. Qui-Gon swallowed a lump that seemed to appear in his throat out of thin air.

?I?m right here Padawan. You?re going to be okay now?? Qui-Gon filled his tone with hope and peace.

The only response from Obi-Wan was a sudden coughing fit, and a small pool of blood trickling out of the corner of his mouth. Qui-Gon fought back a surge of panic.

Obi-Wan tried ? in a feeble attempt ? to roll himself over so that he could actually see his master. Knowing that the young man would not give up until he was able to see his face, Qui-Gon quickly helped Obi-Wan roll onto his back. Obi-Wan?s eyes locked onto the Jedi Master?s face and a weak smile lit up his face.

?Master? I thought,? the teen was gasping for air, ??I wasn?t sure?? Another coughing fit overcame the apprentice and Qui-Gon decided that it was time to get him some medical attention.

Pulling a comlink off of his belt, Qui-Gon dialed for the healer?s section of the Jedi Temple. He spoke to a Master healer who arranged for a team to come and collect the young Jedi. Moving Obi-Wan in his current condition would be a bad move unless you were trained to move such injured patients.

?Obi-Wan, a group of heal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.