main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Strength To Carry On 9/?? (Obi + Qui) angst. UPDATE AFTER FOREVER!! 10/01 w00t!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padawan_Jess_Kenobi, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh, I just found this and am loving it so far! What happened to Qui?? Obi dear you're hurt, you need help!

More soon??

2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Obi the Kid: Oh, a heartbreaking post. This is torture to watch Obi go thru this :( A new meaning to Obi-torture is given today, huh? The fans thing its torture to see Obi going through torture. :D Erm, and where is Qui-Gon you ask? I'm not 100% sure at the moment. [face_blush]

Arwen:That is really depressing Jess. Beautifuly written and gripping! Thanks. And a compliment like that from one ofmy favorite authors on this board is making me feel really good. :)

Kenobisgril:Wow, Jess. Truly heartbreaking, seeing Obi like this. I'll admit to feeling a bit sorry for him. As am I. And I'm the sadistic author! [face_shocked] I shouldn't be feeling sorry for him! 8-} As for Qui, I still don't know completely where he is.

female_obi_wan: Heh. Thanks. You'll have to wait for that information ;)

MYSTIC_KNIGHT:Oh, poor Obi-Wan. He´s in so much pain. And he so much want to save his Master. Go on Obi. You can do it! :) Lets hope so! Oh, and thank you for the ups! :D

Sockie: Beat the poor guy downsies into nothingness why don't ya Jess! Is it that apparent? Perhaps I should go easy on him... nope, I don't think I will. 8-} Thanks for the ups, Sockie!

Jemmiah: *Sniffle...group hug for Obi-Wan, everybody!* *joins in the hug* Thank you! [face_love]

Nikita: Glad you like it so far! Thanks!

I know this took the longest time to update, and I'm sorry! :_| I've never written somethingthis Obi-torturing before, so its kinda hard for me. Hope you like it! And please review as always. [face_love]I think I may have gone a little overboard with the descriptions on some parts. Heh.

The night raged on, and it steadily got darker and darker, until there was no sight available for Obi-Wan. He sat huddled in a corner, shivering through his wet clothes. His teeth were chattering together, and the shivers wracked his tiny body. His clothing stuck to his skin, soaking into his bones. Obi-Wan had stopped crying a while ago, but the tear tracks were still clearly visible on his pale face.

The wind picked up steadily, and the rain continued to fall, not seeming to slow anytime soon. The sound of the falling water hit the cave loudly, filling the semi-silence.

Obi-Wan slowly lowered himself onto the ground, wincing as his shoulder came in contact with the ground. He found a comfortable position, and lay still, trying to calm his rapid breathing. He let the pain wash through him and welcomed it. It was a sign that he was alive. Something he wouldn't have believed had not the immense pain been present every second of every hour.

He breathed again, savoring the breath that did not always come easily to his lungs. He closed his eyes tightly, shutting out everything despite the sound of his own rough breathing. Unconsciousness mercifully began to overtake him. The pain dimmed, and everything was a blur as he opened his eyes briefly. He closed them again, delighting in the feeling of semi-consciousness, where the pain was dimmed to an acceptable level. It was the matter of a few more seconds before the exhausted padawan drifted off to sleep.

The night grew lighter, until it melted into the early hours of the day. The sun barely made itself visible through the jungle of high trees, and most of the forest was still secluded by darkness in most parts. But the fact that day was present was at least a tiny bit comforting. The weather was a little warmer, and the wind had dulled down to a softer breeze. Leaves fell from the trees in rapid rate, coloring the ground with spots of orange, green, red and yellow.

Obi-Wan woke up in the early hours of the days, slowly and reluctantly coming back to the world. He got up without much complaint, not even when he fell back to the floor in weakness. He needed food, and fast. Obi-Wan's body surely couldn't hold out much longer on its own without any nourishment. But that would just t

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo, an update!!! Poor Obi!!!! :_| I feel so sorry for him!! I hope he finds Qui soon!

Fantastic post!

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Ok...I am seriously tearing up here. That was a wonderful post Jess. One of the best so far!

More soon! That post was well worth the wait!

5. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH obi has to find qui-gon soon!! i'm not sure how much more he can take!! please help him!

6. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Oooh...a Jessie updatesies!

Another round of torture for poor Obi! Is he ever going to see some happy times? Sockie really doth hope so!

I still get blown outsies of the water when I think that you are writing this descriptively at 13...you have a great emerging talentsies that I hope you continue to developsies!

*Sockie is off to relax in the hamper for a while and possibly take a napsies*

7. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    uppity up up??

8. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    I can't believe I haven't updated in so long!! I assure you, I can not feel any more [face_blush] :mad: :( at myself, than I do now. And you guys are wonderful readers, and I haven't updated in the longest time!!! :_| I'm really sorry guys!! :(And I feel even worse now, because this is an excruciatingly short update!! :_|

Kenobisgirl: Oooo, an update!!! Poor Obi!!!! I feel so sorry for him!! I hope he finds Qui soon! I feel sorry also. But just wait and see what I did to him in this post... :_|

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Ok...I am seriously tearing up here. That was a wonderful post Jess. One of the best so far! :D Thank you so much!! I'm glad you liked that post a lot, for it took my a couple of hours straight to complete that one!! Thanks again. :)

Red_Jedi_Knight: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH obi has to find qui-gon soon!! i'm not sure how much more he can take!! please help him! [face_devil] He can't take much more. Just see how much more anguish I cause him in this post. :(Thanks for the up!! :D Oh- btw, you have that line: "Never Knew I Could Feel Like This..." Is that from Moulin Rouge's Come What May? I'm obsessed with the movie, and just wondering if you got that line from the movie. [face_love]

Sockie: I still get blown outsies of the water when I think that you are writing this descriptively at 13...you have a great emerging talentsies that I hope you continue to developsies! Thank you!!! :D I'm glad you think so. [face_blush] I'm trying to work more on improving my writing with descriptions, and I'm glad it came through. And thanks for the wonderfully kind words. Have fun in the hamper!! :D

Obi-Wan continued to walk for a long time through the forest. The pain was almost overwhelming, but Obi-Wan fought it off. He knew he needed to remain strong so that he could find his Master. He desperately wanted to eat more of the berries he had previously found, but he knew that he had to save the few meager rations he had.

His hand still remained on the tree for steady support, and it aided him in his walking. The day had brightened up some, and rays of sunlight basked his ivory skin. The weather had cheered Obi-Wan up a bit, and his walk had a little more bounce to it that previously.

But suddenly, Obi-Wan stopped in his path. He stood perfectly still, slowing his breathing to aid his hearing. He listened closely, tuning everything else out. There was a rustling noise some ways in back of him. He strained his ears further, Force-enhancing his senses. A motor-like sound filled the air softly around him. Obi-Wan turned around slowly, but met nothing in his distinct path. He was just about to turn away, when something caught his eye. Obi-Wan squinted a bit so it came into better focus. There seemed to be a strip of white in the far horizon. It seemed to be getting closer every second! Obi-Wan's cerulean eyes widened in shock and surprise as knowledge hit him in the face.

"Air speeder!" He whispered out loud to himself. He looked around desperately for a spot to hide. They're after me?

His eyes darted around in worry. No?I can't let them find me?

He spotted a bunch of bushes and hastily made his way over. They'll take me back!

Obi-Wan looked over his shoulder, attempting to see where the air speeder was located in relation to his position. It was coming closer. As he turned his attention back to where he was running, his foot got snagged on a wayward root. He fell to the ground heavily wincing slightly at the impact. His foot was still stuck between the root and the ground. Come on Kenobi. Don't let them find you!

The speeder was coming closer, and Obi-Wan could almost see the driver's face. His stomach lurched as he saw the uniform the pilot was wearing. It was

9. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    ouches?

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Nice job Jess! I think I might need to go get an aspirin for some pain relief!

Can't wait for more!!

11. InTheSockOfTheNight

Dec 31, 2002
    Oooh...an updatesies! Yippee!

Nice nervewracking posties Jess. I think I must go digress from the pain overloadsies now!

Jess Rocks! :D

12. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ......*tries to comprehend what just happened*......
    Umm...Umm.... i'm i'm... yeah.. obi....obi.. needs to.. umm help.. yes he needs help...

yes it is from moulin rouge. love the fact that obi can sing... *sigh*

13. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    PaddyJuan: ouches? <------ understatement. ;)

Arwen:Nice job Jess! I think I might need to go get an aspirin for some pain relief! Lol, thanks. I know *rubs head* so much Obi pain!!!

Sockie:Nice nervewracking posties Jess. I think I must go digress from the pain overloadsies now! Thanks! I was feeling overly sadistic that day, I think. [face_devil] And about that Jessie rocks comment- I know. *smug look* 8-}

Red_Rose_Knight:Yup, just a little help. ;) yes it is from moulin rouge. love the fact that obi can sing... *sigh* Oh, I know. [face_love] *swoon* *is a rabid Ewan McGregor fan*

Early post guys...

Time passed. Day turned to night, and the sun was outlawed by the darkness. The night stretched on, and soon the early hours of the night turned to late, which in turn disappeared until the morning light would come up in a few hours. Many a star were adorning in darkness, a chasm for the light. The moon cast a gentle glow over a figure that lay in the middle of the path. The light bathed the boy's face, making ivory skin shadow with a hint of light. Dark eyelashes fluttered slowly, as Obi-Wan struggled to wake. The eyelashes kissed his cheek as he attempted to wake from his mercifully given slumber in a river of pain. The eyelids opened slightly, and revealed a cerulean colored pain of eyes. The normally sea-blue, sapphire, emerald green and light gray mixture of colors in his eyes had turned to just gray. They were shadowed and pain, showing struggling and anguish beyond belief.

Obi-Wan took a deep breath, and instantly regretted it. His ribs cried out in sharp protest, demanding away the air that he had tried to obtain. The boy closed his eyes again in an attempt to control himself from the pain. Although the Force was weak to him in this moment, he reached out to it so he could assess his injuries. As the Force pulsed through him weakly, he could feel and name almost every serious injury he had obtained. Three broken ribs and one cracked one. His ankle was severely twisted, but luckily it wasn't broken. His leg was definitely broken, or at least close to it. He could see and feel that it had just recently stopped swelling. His arm was sprained, yet surprisingly it wasn't too bad. Obi-Wan could off his probing sharply. He did not even want to know about his old injuries that were surely made worse by the explosion.

He glanced over to his side for the first time, and saw the air speeder. Or the remains, to be exact. Black smoke still faintly twisted into the sky and wound up until it could be seen no longer. The flames had died out mostly, and the ones that hadn't were now burning slowly. The few remains of the metal were littered about everywhere, and Obi-Wan could even see more than a few shards embedded painfully into his skin. The two drivers were dead, killed by the explosion. The one that had arrived before them was dead also, Obi-Wan didn't even need to check to see if his assessment was true, the Force told him that there was one less piece of scum in the galaxy.

Obi-Wan unintentionally let out a groan as he shifted slightly to his side, further aggravating his ribs. For the first time, Obi-Wan glanced up at the sky. His mouth dropped open suddenly. It was already nighttime! He had wasted hours in unconsciousness! Obi-Wan's face was set to one of grim determination as he very slowly hoisted himself up. He gritted his teeth against the agony, but continued to force himself up. In times where he was certain he would fall back to the ground, thoughts of his smiling Master popped into his head, and the determination came back in a rush.

It took him a long time to get up without killing himself, and ten minutes later, he was wobbling unsteadily on one leg, the other leg bent at the knee and hanging in the air so to keep pressure off of it. He tentatively put his other foot on the ground, feeling the pain of both his twisted ankle, and his broken leg. He almost fell back to the ground, but managed to

14. InTheSockOfTheNight

Dec 31, 2002
    Again, Obi-Wan's mind was white with pain, but this time he managed to keep his cry in.

Great desription there Jess...nice use of color.

But he sucked it up like a Jedi

Like our Obi would do anything else...I don't think he knows the word 'quit.'

"You sick son of a sith."

Were you listening to me in the car the other day when someone pulled out in front of me? That is exactly what I said! Spooky!

"I must be some pathetic sight to see," he joked to himself

He will never be a pathetic sight to see...even if he is mutilated beyond belief! [face_love]

blood started to trail behind his every slow step

Obi sure has lost a lot of blood already. Shouldn't he be getting quite woozy and delusional (as is the case with most people who have lost blood) and continue to have periods of blackout? Just a thought.

Besides, only about half of them were actually men eating

Uh-Oh! I don't know why, but I found that line funnier than a gundark! :D

his mouth dropped open in pure shock

Like this :eek: :p

Nice chapter Jess! I look forward to the next installment!

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Umm..ya, that could be bad. Instant death right there. And an evil cliffie!!!

More soon, I wanna see of Obi can get himself out of this one!

16. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    talk about a literal cliffie!

17. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    *also rabid ewan fan*
    sick son of a sith... heheheh i have to use that in school some time... very well done!! keep it up!!

18. InTheSockOfTheNight

Dec 31, 2002
    Upsies goes the threadsies! :D

19. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Giving Jess and up! I hope that you can beat DRL real soon! Thanks for the update to LLF though!

20. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Sockie: Thanks!!
    Like our Obi would do anything else...I don't think he knows the word 'quit.'
    I don't think so either. *sigh*

Were you listening to me in the car the other day when someone pulled out in front of me? That is exactly what I said! Spooky!
    Really? [face_laugh] You said that? [face_laugh] :D

He will never be a pathetic sight to see...even if he is mutilated beyond belief!

[face_love] You got that right...

Obi sure has lost a lot of blood already. Shouldn't he be getting quite woozy and delusional (as is the case with most people who have lost blood) and continue to have periods of blackout? Just a thought.

Thanks for that. I tried to have him a bit delusional, but as you will see in this next chapter, it didn't really work. 8-} But thank you for that thought. I definately have to put more blackouts in. [face_devil] Oh thanks for the up, btw.

Arwen:Umm..ya, that could be bad. Instant death right there. And an evil cliffie!!!
    Heehee, good. [face_mischief] Just kidding. You mean me as a bad cliffie, or the actual cliff? ;)

PaddyJuan:talk about a literal cliffie!
    [face_laugh] You can say that again...

Red_Jedi_Knight:
    *also rabid ewan fan*
    sick son of a sith... heheheh i have to use that in school some time... very well done!! keep it up!!

Ooooh, another Ewan fan!! :D Hehehe, I'd love to hear you say that to someone is school. [face_laugh]

NyghtFyre:Thanks for the up! Yea, DRL has been horrible lately. :_| And hey, you're reading LLF? Do I sense a lurker???? [face_shocked] 8-}

Alrighty posty! I don't really like this chapter though. I had what could have been a good sequence, but I made it really sucky, :(

Obi-Wan's eyes grew larger, and a feeling of discouragement came upon him. "Oh for Force sake!" He turned his head slightly to the sky, as if addressing the Force. "I'm supposed to cross this hell of a canyon?" He kicked at a rock, and immediately regretted the action as his foot cried out.

With a worried glance, he noticed the blood trickling off of his shoulder. His mind began to spin, and the canyon in front of him started to grow hazy. Obi-Wan took a deep breath, and reached out for the tree he was holding onto before. But when he threw out his arm for support, he found none. Obi-Wan staggered backwards, grasping his shoulder tightly, trying to stop the blood from falling any more. His vision started to blur into blackness, and he could hardly see anything anymore. Unable to support his own weight, the padawan fell heavily to the ground. He put a hand on the dirt and tried to push himself up but his arms felt like leaden weights, and he could not move. He fought to keep his eyes open, but they were closing involuntarily.

"Just a? quick rest?" he murmured to himself, and Obi-Wan succumbed to unconsciousness.

After a few moments, a white light flashed, and Obi-Wan opened his eyes. But there was no cliff in front of him. Perplexed, the padawan looked around frantically, wondering where he was. It may have been a room, but there were no walls. All he could make out was whiteness, and the occasional flash of blue light. "I'm dreaming," Obi-Wan said softly out loud.

Out of no where, a mysterious and soothing voice spoke. It was soft one, but it seemed to be mixed with the tones of both females and males. "You are weary, young Kenobi."

Obi-Wan spun around, looking for the source of the voice. "Who?who are you?" he shouted, but he saw no one near him.

"I am what encompasses all living things, young padawan."

Obi-Wan gave a start, "Are you the Force?" he asked slowly, still looking around him.

"In a sense, I am. I am the voice of the thousands of Jedi who have died in all the past years. We watch you, young one. We have seen you suffer and struggle. And we are offering you a choice."

Even though he was still on the ground, Obi-Wan clumsily managed a half-bow to

21. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Beautiful, Jess. Nice portrayal of Obi-Wan's stubborness. His refusual to give up. Thats the padawan we all know and love!

Excellent post!

Obi

22. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Wonderful edition Jess!! More soon please!

23. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    very well done!

24. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Obi the Kid:Beautiful, Jess. Nice portrayal of Obi-Wan's stubborness. His refusual to give up. Thats the padawan we all know and love!

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! Yes, we all love Obi. 8-} Thanks for reading!

Arwen: Thank you!! That means a lot to me.

Froggy: I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Thanks a bunch for reading!

I'm sorry that this took sooooooooo long to update! But I'm finally out of school now, so the updates will be much more frequent. :D

Obi-Wan let out an annoyed groan, "Oh for the love of Force! A riddle!" he let out a sudden laugh that shook his cracked ribs. "A riddle? This is what the Force gives me to help? A riddle!" He let out another laugh as the world spun before him. "I'm supposed to make it over this cliff alive, that's the key point of everything in this operation, and then find my Master with a riddle? It's just me, isn't it? If it were anyone else, than that neat little voice would be coming into my head right now, probably telling me how to get over this cliff alive. But since its me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, the one who gets tortured and hurt almost every mission, obviously I couldn't have it that easy. Oh no, the Force needs to have a little bit of fun with me!" He let out a frustrated groan and picked up a rock. He turned it over in his hand a few times, and then threw it with all his might in a fit of frustration.

A sudden transformation seemed to come over the padawan. "What? what have I said?" Obi-Wan asked himself out loud, amazed. He brought up a trembling hand and touched his cheek with it. Silently, he ran over what he had previously said in his little outburst, in his head. "Force, I didn't mean to say that! I? I don't know what came over me! I'm not myself, am I? I let my emotions get the better of me, something I had always promised myself I would never let happen. What's wrong with me?" He turned to look at a small bird that had perched on a tree. It cocked its head inquisitively, and then flew off into the sky, not looking back.

He kneeled down on the rocks, trying to ignore the jagged pain that spread through both of his legs. Obi-Wan took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. He willed himself to stay calm, and not let his other emotions take over. It was not long before his mind slipped into a peaceful meditation, and all his thoughts and pains trickled out of his head like a river. Obi-Wan didn't know how long he kneeled there, meditating, but when he finally opened his eyes, the sun was in a different position, and he could tell he had been meditating for at least an hour. His mind felt clearer, and all his negative emotions were held back a bit. "I will try to control my emotions more. I don't ever want to have another out burst like that." He got up slowly, and began to pace as he looked at the paper residing in his hands.

He sighed and reread the paper, taking in all the lines carefully. "To defeat a worthy enemy. All right, that clearly means the cliff. Although Jedi don't have enemies, ah well, doesn't matter. I can look at the next question now. You must look inside yourself and then." I'll take this one step at a time. "Inside myself and then. Okay, look inside myself and then. And then what?" He let out a huff and sat back down so he could concentrate more. His brows furrowed as he concentrated and thought hard. He started to tap his fingers quickly and loudly against his knees as he searched for the answer or something close to it, in his mind.

"Alright, look inside myself. Inside myself there are blood, and organs." He shook his head; "somehow I don't think that this riddle is about organs." He turned his head up to the sky a bit, and looked at a white cloud hovering over a tree. "Force, give me some sort of sign that I will make it over this canyon alive! Anything!"

A few moments later, Obi-Wan's attention was diverted to a tree on the other side of the cliff, the side that he wanted to get on. A huge cracking noise filled the cold air, and the tree came crashing down he

25. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    YOU UPDATED!!!!!

*screams*

Aw, Jess, I just loved the emotion in that post! You've crafted a great image of dry, sarcastic, "well-the-neogtiations-were-short" Obi-Wan!

Brilliant job!

On with the torture!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.