main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The 'Stuff-We'll-Never-See' Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by koonfan, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timewatch

Timewatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2008
    Very. But it is indeed something we won't be seeing soon, by the looks of it. I'll spare you and stop here.

What's something else we'll never see that can't be taken as me complaining about things I don't like?

Imperator Star Destroyers in Republic colors?
    Lucrehulk battleships being battleships?
    A Jedi they keep around a while then kill suddenly?
    A full scale Geonosis-esque land battle?
    Large scale space battles?
    Jar Jar being actually funny? Wait, that's a complaint there.
    A world not orbiting a yellow star?
    A binary star system? Oh, Tatooine.
    Droid commandoes vs. Clone commandoes?
    Clone commandoes at all?
    Black holes? Maw Installation hasn't been built yet though... Perhaps a prototype one...

I'm out of questions. Most of them are complaints anyway.

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Bolded the ones I liked up there. [face_peace]

Timewatch, I'm sure that any well-rounded, mature fan would agree that the stuff you'd like to see (that is, the stuff about the Separatists and whatnot) would be worthy additions to the show, and I'm an optimist so I'm sure that if we get gradual growth in the series, we'll eventually get a few that fit what you're looking for, a'la Justice League or Batman.
    Note, however, that this is Star Wars, where good and evil are more often than not clearly defined, and therefore such episodes would be a minority (again, a'la Justice League or Batman), which I'm sure you're ready to accept.

All things considered, I'd like to thank you for contributing to this topic with valid points to bring up. Given how passionate many fans can get about their beliefs, it's good that you got back on topic and withheld yourself from escalating. So, hopefully, we can bury the hatchet and prevent potential debates and fights over the show's content and future content.

Of course, another thing I believe is that this show is still young and therefore innocent until proven guilty. Season 2 should be a good indicator of where they're willing to take the show. :D

Anyhoo, back to stuff we'll never see...
    -Grans and other multi-eyed species getting poked in the eyes
    -Ithorian extremists burning down forests with laser chainsaws
    -Ithorian extremists dropping bombs which cause vegetation to grow out of control
    -Wookiee shaved bald for April Fools day
    -Duro character model mistaken for Neimoidian character model
    -The return of that Bith/Arcona couple from that one cantina scene in the movie (Yes, a shadowed Bith and Arcona made out briefly before getting off screen XD)
    -Ziro the Hutt leads a Mardi Gras celebration
    -Jabba and Rotta featured in a father/son outing of the Hutt empire. Slaves, extortion, trafficking, etc....
    -Ongree (Pablo Jill, Coleman Kcaj) character model with the head right-side up
    -Dave Filoni appears as Master Filoni alongside Plo Koon, voiced by Dave Filoni, wearing Dave Filoni's cowboy hat, in an episode with various homages to Avatar: The Last Airbender
    -Plo Koon's modulator shorts out and he briefly sounds like Iroh from Avatar, who sounds like Aku from Samurai Jack, both of the latter voiced by the late, great Mako
    -Kit Fisto (voiced by Phil LaMarr, who in turn voiced Samurai Jack) in turn reacts negatively to Plo Koon's change in voice for some strange out-of-universe reason

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    See, Timewatch, this is why you're never invited to all of the hippest Star Wars dinner parties. Debbie Downer! :p

4. Timewatch

Timewatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2008
    I don't need no parties! I'll go chill proper... doing... stuff...

To stay on topic, another thing we won't see!

A non-akward romantic scene between Anakin and Padme!

5. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Yay stuff! :D
    And ouch, burned for Star Wars romance. XD

On that note...
    -A Jedi character commenting 'you like me because I'm a scoundrel'
    -A bad deal situation actually having the 'this deal just keeps getting worse all the time' line
    -Characters actually asking Mace Windu why IS his sabre purple?
    -Admiral Ackbar cameos, as opposed to young Han, young Lando, etc., as a Mon Cal citizen yelling out 'IT'S A TRAP!'
    -Mandalorian same-gender life-partner culture
    -Clones doing The Robot
    -Droids doing The Robot
    -Yoda doing a breakda-Oh wait. DVD easter egg.
    -Clones spend their downtime playing MMORPGs or FPSes
    -Clones engage in numerous gamer terminology in said downtime events (Sixer, I told you to pull that mob, WE'RE on DPS! Clink, stop using that plasma sword and get out the grenade launcher!)

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I take it you didn't watch Rex's little performance in Rookies?

7. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Wow, nice eye. I totally forgot about that. Good one. XD

8. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    LOL I actually could see a few NJO Jedi saying that.

Cause am a badPANTS muthakriffa.

Toonami had Neon Genesis Evangelion, a.k.a. the one where the climax to the series is "Shinji falls in love with a boy and his dad orders him to kill him." Seriously.

Done.

What about Palpatine?

Palpatine: bcuz da Jedi thot u h4x, mah barve, u = teh n00b. teh Jedi 12 pwn us + teh senate
    Vader: ita, da Jedi wil pwn da Senate
    Palpatine: every Jedi = KOS
    Vader: ita
    Palpatine: time 2 get busy, angst man! if teh Jedi <> permaband, we lose! camp in teh temple. pwn every1! no lagging, kill teh gray stuff. u will be teh r0xx0rz!

9. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    My gosh, I never knew it had that. That is just freaky. XD

[face_laugh]That's great! Y'know, back when they featured blogs by fans and relied less on this newfangled flash stuff, Starwars.com actually had a similar blog featured once, where the Jedi were essentially speaking like guys being fragged in an FPS game. Anakin was, as you mentioned, a camper. And the Clones bragged about their kills. XD

For that matter, what about the Jedi masters deciding that these games are good for raising tactical skills and team dynamics? XD
    I can just imagine their struggling to master the game, and nearly all of them starting off by picking a Paladin character...Yoda would somehow be using multiple spellcasters, though, just because he can...

For that matter, the concept of any videogame used for clone downtime would be neat. Even something like Frogger. XD

While anime is fresh in the mind, though...
    -Republic vehicles transforming into robots in the series (ignore the Star Wars transformers tie-in[face_whistling] )
    -Republic vehicles combine to make a GIANT ROBOT
    -Final battle akin to dragonball flying and energy blasting
    -Plotline revolving around Anakin having to recover wish-granting artifacts (next time, on Star Dragonballs!)
    -Ahsoka is mistakenly turned into a Magical Girl by a whimsical Kaiburr crystal
    -Characters are thrown into a random dimension and must help liberate it (apologies if it's happened in the EU before. XD)
    -A character actually giving calculations at OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND
    -Jedi Council earns unimaginable power due to becoming the new Super Sentai/Power Rangers
    -Count Dooku and the Jedi Council agree that it's too costly to have large scale armies, so they settle who gets supremacy over the galaxy through Light side versus Dark side duels all over the cosmos. Gundam Fighter! Readyyyyyyy....go! (I never saw that show, though I wish I will some day, but I always chuckled at a semi-tongue-in-cheek reference to the casual death count of cannon fodder characters in mecha shows XD)

10. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Also, it coined the terms "mind-rape" and "Gainax ending". Oh, and they all angst slightly more than Anakin.

I didn't even know that, but it was easy to figure out.

h4x0r i =

Seriously, though, it didn't take much to come up with a l33t version. The extended version has Anakin saying "i = ur 8@|2\/3" instead of "I will do whatever you ask."

Well, as of ANH, they have a graphics package similar to the Atari 2600. Oddly, the graphics package shown in ROTS was much better, with full-size holograms and everything.

We already have power levels. They're called midichlorian counts. You forgot innocent Twi'lek fanservice. Oh, when I was younger, I drew a comic making fun of Power Rangers to lampoon my little brother's obsession with that show. But my version was much angstier. There isn't enough angst on kids' shows.

11. jawbox

jawbox Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2008
    A Star Wars show not directed at kiddies.

12. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Thrawn, even if it would be cool.

13. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Apologies if some of these actually have happened in the series/elsewhere. P:

-Anakin setting a good example for Ahsoka.
    -Obi-Wan and Anakin's brotherly relationship develop.
    -Luke, Leia and Han accidentally getting sucked through a time portal, with hilarity ensuing.
    -Someone asking why Cad Bane has funky breathing tubes, or why his hat is so big.
    -Anakin not being a whiny teenager and actually be angsty and dark. Oh, wait! It's a kid's show.
    -Aayla and Kit having their own episode.
    -Kashyyyk, and an interesting Wookiee way-of-life backstory.
    -Dialog that flowed a little easier.

14. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, technically, Anakin set a good example for Ahsoka on the Maridun story arc, and though he doesn't play the 'good orthodox Jedi' example, it depends on how much you endorse his particular brand of heroism.XD

I also personally believe that Anakin as a whiny teenager was seen in episode 2 and a bit of the old Genndy micro-series. Right now, he's more of an enthusiastic young adult. Besides, in this day and age of angst-per-second writing and characters, I think it actually takes way more maturity to NOT be angsty and dark. But that's probably just me. I'm sure Twilight would disagree. :p

Otherwise, though, good points on Aayla/Kit, some parts of dialogue (this IS Star Wars), Kashyyyk (unless they make the Ewoks follow up: Wookiees!) and time travel.

Cad Bane has yet to be seen because there are still characters stupid enough to question him. XD

Anyhoo...
    -Republic develops a superweapon made exclusively for droids but have a droid uprising on their hands across the galaxy. Protocol droids and astromechs begin sabotaging vehicles and destroying things everywhere, culminating in a mass-suicide bombing lead by a 'dark, edgy, angsty' protocol droid on Tatooine. Ever since then, 'they don't serve their kind' on Tatooine's cantinas.
    -Snooty Wookiee Separatist officer who somehow believes in the superiority of technology over nature
    -Common blasters being as powerful as Han's when he brought down part of the ceiling on the stormtroopers in ANH (seriously, that small thing blasted the ceiling like it was cardboard[face_laugh])
    -TCW becomes so good it makes Star Wars/George Lucas critics reconsider their position (I'm believing it'll be great, it's just that I doubt humans will ever change like that XD)
    -By the end of the whole show, Jar Jar has won over everyone with heartfelt speeches and efforts, and BJ Hughes gets an award for it
    -TCW takes a page out of Star Trek's book and changes history by having Anakin succeed in training Ahsoka and joining the Jedi Council, creating an alternate universe through a different chain of events. (Others might cynically/bitterly/sarcastically say 'oh, this is so kid-friendly, disney happy ending blablablablablabla pandering, they might as well change it', but I firmly believe they'll do their best to honour the legends and stick to the final result)

15. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Clone rebellion.

16. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Twilight, angsty and dark? Isn't that the Mary Sue vampire story where her biggest fear is getting older? Oh, and if you thought Lucas's way of resolving a love triangle was bad, *ahem* Renesmee.

On another forum I'm on, a friend is a major Twihard, so I lampoon her obsession. That, and one of my roommates got drunk and accidentally bought the DVD?and opened it before he realized what he'd done.

17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I don't know whether these things were listed: Waru, the freakin sweet hat and Kyle Katarn... [face_mischief]8-}

18. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Your stories encourage me. [face_laugh]
    I'll admit that I haven't actually read the book (though I took a look at the wiki) or saw the movie (which I hear is fluff except for a fight at the end), so I try to be fair and am sure it's at least got good language and stands out in its genre. I'll still allow myself to mock the other parts that make up what it is, though. We're only human. Anyhoo, I digress. XD

I'm unsure about the first, but if K'Kruhk appears, his hat might as well. If they're lurking in the fan depths for bits of EU to throw nods to, that's one of the biggest things I reckon. XD

Well, we might not get Kyle Katarn in a Star Wars TV show or movie, seeing as there's no focus on the NJO era right now, but we could get the next best thing one day: His voice actor! Jeff Bennett is a prolific voice actor who's done a lot of voices in his time. He's even done Brooklyn from Gargoyles (red white haired dude with dragon face) who if I recall sounds the most like Kyle Katarn.

19. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Quinlan Vos saying "Today is a good day to die." Trekkie fans, apparently unfamiliar with the origin of that line, will yell "Ripoff!"

20. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, I'm bumping this to pass the time, so. Eh. XD

-Characters breaking the fourth wall to talk to the viewer or acknowledge/reference their existence in a show (Bitter clone: Why bother? We're probably gonna head in guns blazing only to be blasted to shreds, then the general's gonna swing by and save the day again. Partner: You watch too many holos, Downer.)
    -Kaminoans hold surveys among clones to determine their diet and training regime
    -Rogue Kaminoan decides to clone Jar Jar just for laughs. An episode is dedicated to stopping this menace.
    -Characters pull off a production of Clone Wars on Ice (Is Robot Chicken planning this as we speak? XD)
    -In a move of desperation, TCW unleashes an episode arc where extradimensional warriors pop out from another world and begin fighting everyone to tie in with the latest next-gen console game (they've done a COMIC tie-in with Soul Calibur IV, but I'd be laughing my antiox mask off if they worked it in as an actual story XD)
    -Droids are shown engaging in unrealistic downtime (drinking oil, taking lubricant baths, discussing philosophy, etc.), then get back to work moments before other characters pop in on them
    -Plo Koon gets a romantic subplot from waaaaaaaay back in his past
    (Anakin: Master Plo, I.....I had no idea!
    Plo Koon: I have been around for awhile, Skywalker. Is this really so surprising?
    Obi-Wan: .......Yes. Yes it is.)
    -Agen Kolar wins a philosophy negotiation by threatening his opponent with physical force unless they concede defeat.
    -Kit Fisto simply adds to his epicness by multi-wielding lightsabers with his hands, mouth, feet, and head-tentacle-dreads. Without chopping off any of his parts.
    -General Grievous explains how he can pull weapons from seemingly nowhere ("Well, why do you think I have this terrible cough?")

21. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Star Wars That Seventies Show
    Featuring General Grievous as Red
    Ventress as Kitty
    Ashoka as Jackie
    Yoda as Hyde
    Anakin as Forman
    Obi Wan as Kelso
    Rex as Fez

General Grievous on Jerry Springer

The USS Enterprise taking on the Death Star and winning.
    Finding a piece of the clone wars show that doesn't spit in canon's face.
    Droids ever developing a sense of humor.

William Shatner appearing as Darth Speech Impediment

Bruce Campbell vs Kyle Katarn in a battle of the titans

22. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    Meaningful EU character cameos, that'd be pretty cool.
    Also, a sort of history episode where it would be an in-universe look at a bunch of the biggest conflicts of Star Wars history narrated by Yoda meant to teach padawans about the dangers of war. It would pretty much be an EU-lover's dream.

23. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    - Mace Windu getting his hair cut.
    - Cad Bane using his hat as a parachute.
    - Kit Fisto pausing mid-fight to 'untangle' his head-tentacles.
    - Ki-Adi-Mundi leading a charge through a Separatist fortress, only to knock himself out running through a low door.
    - Anakin decides to consult Plo Koon on the growing darkness he can feel rising within himself, resulting in a tear-filled angsty confession of his love for Padme, his fear for their future and his concern for the Jedi Order, only to discover that Plo Koon is asleep behind his mask.
    - Cad Bane steals a Holocron from the Jedi Temple, and has to outrun a giant boulder in order to escape with it.
    - In space, Anakin escapes a Separatist ambush, only to crash into the opening paragraph of Attack of the Clones.
    - Grievous kidnaps Padme, then ties her to a train track whilst wearing a top hat and cape, laughing evilly to himself and rubbing his hands together.

24. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Those are great! [face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]
    I mentioned earlier 'Plo Koon having a romantic subplot, but yours is just so much easier to digest. XD

-Eeth Koth reveals he survived, and fights Agen Kolar over who gets to be THE Zabrak
    -Saesee Tiin's only hope of escape is to hijack a small fighter, but the cockpit is too small for his head-horns
    -Oppo Rancicis gets a perm and looks GORGEOUS
    -Oppo Rancicis dyes his hair
    -Oppo Rancicis shaves his hair into weird styles
    -Mandalorian leader/high priest by the name of Traviss appears (actually, would be a nifty tribute)
    -Hondo Ohnaka is featured in a massive story arc with episode titles being "The Curse of the Obsidian Krayt Dragon Pearl", "Dead Being's Durasteel Container" and "At Galaxy's Edge", featuring a cameo by the Yuuzhan Vong, and a guest star of Johnny Depp
    -Jeeeediiiii.....zooooombiiiiieeees...[face_skull][face_pumpkin]
    -Asajj Ventress reveals her lightsabers have a 'nunchuk' mode, as seen in Battlefront 2
    -Swan Lake and the 2001 Space Odyssey theme are played during a zero-gravity fight scene
    -Pin-ups of Kaminoans, Wookiees, Mon Calamari, or for that matter, Kel Dors
    -Clones make wolf whistle and cat call sounds when an attractive female passes by

25. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    My new favourite [face_laugh]

- As with Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar, Adi Gallia and Stass Allie fight it out only to end up getting their headdresses tangled up.
    - Grievous drinks a glass of water and his cough is cured.
    - A Gran senator who isn't killed off within a minute of being introduced.
    - A recurring theme throughout the series in which everytime Saesee Tiin appears, he has recently had his horn repaired, only for it to be broken again by the end of the episode.
    - Ki-Adi-Mundi and his men take cover in a trench, only for his elongated head to poke out over the top and reveal their position.
    - A flashback episode shows members of the Jedi Council several decades ago sporting 60s/70s-style fashion; Windu has an afro, Plo Koon's goggles are star-shaped, Dooku has waist-length hair and a headband, etc
    - Ventress trying on a wig.
    - Windu trying on a wig.
    - Ventress and Windu swapping wigs.
    - Ahsoka ignites her saber reverse-style, inadvertently impaling a clone stood behind her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.