main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Successor - A Very Short Fiction

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GigaMach, Nov 20, 2017.

1. GigaMach

GigaMach Jedi Knight

Dec 3, 2016
    "The successor has arrived."

The two warriors heard the voice as if the old man was standing right next to them. The younger opened his hands and reached up above his head, letting his senses extend beyond the walls of the massive battle-station. He felt the torpedoes speeding towards the exhaust port, and at the right time, clenched his fist and pulled them in. The elder warrior next to him sheathed his energy blade and touched his hands to the wall. As the torpedoes sped through the narrow venting, he used the Force to lower the newly installed shields the imperials had put in place once they had realized the scope - and the implications - of the stolen plans.

As the two proton torpedoes, guided by Ezra, passed the last shield, Kanan collapsed from the effort. Ezra released his hold as the torpedoes, now safely locked on to the central power core, sped on to their inevitable destiny.

Ezra sat next to his master. His friend. His brother. He looked at his blind master, and they both smiled. They took comfort knowing that Hera, Sabine and Zeb could now rest easy. The gentle voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi echoed in their heads and hearts. "Your battles are done, Jedi. But know that with your sacrifice, a new hope is born."

The diabolical weapon of the Empire erupted in a catastrophic explosion. For a moment, a new star shone in the space above Yavin. No longer a star of death, but of promise. Quietly, its light faded from existence, along with the two hidden Jedi rebels, their bravery a light of its own, showing the way to the ultimate end of the Empire. At least, for a time...

(Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Episode)

I wrote this a couple years ago in a FB post for my friends, and was reminded of it today. I'm not really caught up on Rebels, and don't have any clue if this is even possible, but I like to think it might be. And yes, I did edit blindness into it just today. ;-) I'm not THAT prophetic.

Ewok Poet and Mistress_Renata like this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wow! This was fantastic!

This gave me chills. Such a powerful ending to a very powerful story. Things don't have to be long to be impactful, as this proves.

Great job and thank you for sharing this with us!

=D=

GigaMach and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I am sobbing here. :( At first I was like "oooh, a tie-in for A New Hope and then, like...oh, wait. Ezra and Kanan die on the Death Star.

While I hope that this is not what will happen, it's a great, spiritual and emotional ending of an emotionally-charged series.

Write more! Please!

P.S. There's a wee error that repeats a couple of times. Tell me if you want me to PM you about it. :)

GigaMach likes this.
  4. GigaMach

GigaMach Jedi Knight

Dec 3, 2016
    Thanks mavjade and Ewok Poet! I actually had a friend, who had yet to see any Rebels, blast me for "spoiling the ending". haha!
    And Ewok Poet - I'll def. take the error correction. I miss stuff all the time, and welcome edits. :)

Edit - And got them! Thanks, Ewok Poet. My "it's" and "its" confusion is atrocious. My English Teacher Oma would have her red pen out. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.