main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards The Summer 2006 Beyond the Saga Fanfic Awards Ceremony!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Beyond_Fanfic_Awards, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Congrats to ALL of those nomm'd and those who won.

A BIG THANK YOU to Luna_Nightshade, the Knights Who Say Yep and the creative folks who supplied the entertainment!
    You put on one heck of a show.

=D= [:D] =D=

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Congrats to you, Luna, you did a great job hosting. =D=

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Thank you, Steelblue Squadron. [face_love] I can't even begin to imagine the anxiety attacks you all suffered, but rest assured that it was worth it. :p You handled the era so well and put together a great ceremony.

Entertainment submitters, I laughed until it hurt - fabulous work. Thank you, YodaKenobi, for getting them together!

And a final congrats to all the nominees! @};- I have some serious reading to do. :D

Nat! I can't forget you - you've been an excellent overseer. Thank you so much for doing this. [:D]

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Congratulations and Thanks to Luna for doing such an awesome job hostessing!! Well done!! =D==D=@};-

Also thanks go to all of her helpers! Great show you guys!!

Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees!

5. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    good job! Thanks for all the work you did volunteers!=D=

::eats dinner::

6. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Eek! I forgot Nat!
    =D= One down and two to go. :D

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Congrats to all winners =D=

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Sorry I missed it. Real life can be very real at times...

Congratulations to all the winners@};- , a big round of applause to the volunteers =D= and a grateful thank you to the people (nominated or otherwise) who entertain us every day with great stories - the authors on these boards![:D]

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Just got back from spending a fun day with my husband and youngest son! Congrats to all the nominees and winners. Also, thank you. I'm shocked, more than you can believe! :D

And a HUGE round of applause to our host and volunteers! =D=

10. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Popped back in to say "Well done" to everybody!!

Congrats to the winners, of course. =D=

Congrats, of course, go to all of you who got nominated in the first place. I know it's almost cliche, but it really is an honor to be nominated--especially with blind noms and needing 4 to make it through!! Good job to all of you!! =D=

And last, but certainly not least, hats off to all the volunteers who put in ridiculous hours to make this go well!! Stand up and take a bow! =D=

11. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Warm congratulations to the nominees and the winners. You all were deserving. Also Bravo to the Beyond Awards Team. Wonderful job.=D= =D= =D=

12. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Aww... I missed it... :_|

But anyway... Congrats to all the winners, and all qualifiers and nominees! You all rock and thankyou for making our lives that bit more bearable with your stories! [:D][:D]=D= =D=

Also major, giant kudos to everyone who was involved behind the scenes, from our marvellous overseer, to our amazing host, down to the array of volunteers involved, and the people who came up with the entertainment (you guys rule!!) [:D] [:D] =D= =D=

~Misha

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Congrats, everyone.

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Back from work now and caught up. Wow.

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees!!!!

And a big thankyou to the volunteers. Well done. =D=

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks so much to the amazing volunteer crowd! And congrats to the winners as well as the nominees!

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, my gosh, I hope I can still post to the thread this late!

I had a family obligation so I had to miss the awards, but thank you all so much!! I am so shocked and pleased. Thank you, thank you, I'm so glad my little story touched so many. And, too, on behalf of JadeLotus and myself (LukeAngels)--thank you! We enjoy making you all giggle, and hope to have many giggles left to come with our fic.

Congrats to all the nominees and winners, and thanks for all the hard work the awards staff put in! You're all terrific! :D [:D] =D= @};-

And a special thanks to RedGold for thanking everyone in my stead. You're awesome, gal!

17. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    First of all, thank you to everyone who put this together. It must have been an incredibly complicated undertaking. =D=

Secondly, congratulations to everyone who was nominated and to all those who won. Your writing is inspiring! Good job![face_dancing]

I had to leave the awards because of family obligations, and I'm just coming back now. I wanted to say thank you so much! I'm very, very honored.@};-

18. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Congrats to everyone, all the winners, the nominees, and the partipants! And to the members of the Steelblue Squadron congrats on a job well done!

:: hands Luna a cookie :: Good job, now go relax during your well deserved break! I hope the plot bunnies die soon. ;)

I'm glad that the crazy humor stuff I helped write went over well. I hope you mods are ready for the Before Awards. O:)

19. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    I'm sorry that I missed the ceremony. My internet was out again today:(

Congratulations to all of the winners!!!

Thanks to all the volunteers!!!

20. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Congrats to all the winners. =D=

Kudos to all the volunteers! [face_dancing]

21. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Had to miss this one--some friends of mine decided to get married, and they put their wedding right in the middle of the fanfic awards ceremony. What were they thinking?! ::*grumble* crazy people, got no priorities *grumble*::

:p

Anyway--congratulations to our nominees, qualifiers, and winners. A lot of you guys could be making money with your talent, but instead you hang around here to entertain us for free. As someone who doesn't read the official EU much, I'm doubly grateful for your efforts. You guys are my EU. :_| @};- =D=

And thanks very much to Luna, our own Steelblue Leader, who led us into the maw of death and . . .

Hey, why did you lead us into the maw of death?! :mad:

No--no, scratch that. :p Luna absolutely worked her guts out for these awards, and was so supportive and encouraging of her volunteers that the rest of us couldn't help but follow her (insane) example. She carried the heaviest workload, however, so we didn't have to.

So thanks Luna . . . and may you never feel the need to volunteer for anything again. :p =D=

22. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Good evening!

I am sorry to have missed the awards. Work was the culprit.

My warmest congratulations to all the nominees and winners! The literature that has come from the fans has been inspiring all season long.

And now...this is where I become lost for words. ***tears of joy***. To be in the same category as RK_Striker_JK_5, GrandAdmiralV, oldjedinurse, YodaKenobi, InyriForge, much less named beside them is truly an honor. What wonderful company to be in! =D= [:D]

I'm overwhelmed, shocked, and forever grateful to have been given this award for Best Action. Thank you to my fabulous readers. You root me on, and I know I try your patience with sporadic updates, but you're a wonderful audience to write for. [:D]

Thank you volunteers, entertainers, and Luna for all your hardwork! Your efforts deserve the huge amount of applause that you've received. =D=

Last, but certainly not least. Thank you oldjedinurse and RedGold for giving thanks on my behalf! :)

@};- [:D] @};-

23. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I actually went and read the entire thread . . . 8-}

I *loved* C3P-Bro and R2DFeat, the terrifying Hasselhoff picture, the Killik Raid ad, as well as the "serious" art that was just gorgeous. And I have to say that I'm strangely flattered to find myself the villain of the Mara Jade backup singers skit--chasing the mods around with a clipboard. And that is the worst threat I could ever think of: "You will now be mods FOREVER!!11!!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Now I've got "It's So Easy When Your're Evil" stuck in my head. :p

I think the quality and variety of entertainment in this awards thread is the best I've seen. And no, not because I wrote some of it. :p You guys = teh roxx0rz. :D

24. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yeah, it was really excellent. Ophelia... you just seemed like the best person for that job. ;) You did rewrite half of the crazy ideas I came up with. Stang, now I have to come up with other stuff for Before... :p And it was soooooooooo much fun reading through the thread. :) The humor was spectacular. I loved every minute of it. I'm glad it went so smoothly!

25. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Congrats to everyone, nominees and winners. =D=

Nat, Luna, volunteers...Best Awards Ever. You deserve a modship. Want it? [face_mischief] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.