main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA The Summer Movie Predictions, Gripes, Kudos, Trash Talkin, Recomendations, and Film Fanatics Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    The summer movie season got an early start with films like The Day after Tomorrow, Shrek 2 and Troy..but lets just say the Summer Movie Season really starts this friday.

This is the thread for talking films, love em, hate em.

What are you looking forward to? whcih film would you throw in the trash without a second thought?

Lets take it two weeks at a time...so we don't get to far ahead.

First opening up this week:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Perhaps you've heard of this Harry Potter Kid?

This is one of the handful of films I'm really looking forward to. The trailers look beyond crazy cool. I think this film will lead the Potter Posse into dark and deep places.

also out now is:

The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi.

KR "aka Undercover Beener" and I talked about this one.

Good luck finding a place to see it around here but if the chance finds you...take it.

Next Week Films Opening June 11, 2004

This is a big week in terms of sheer volume of film hitting screens.

The Chronicles of Riddick (Aka Pitch Black 2)
    Vin Diesel returns as Riddick, the escaped convict who can see in the dark, this time caught up in a war between planets.
    *yes I'll be seeing this. I like bad sci fi action flcks. Plus Judi Dench's nude scene is worth the cover price (kidding....or am I?)

Garfield (Aka The Parent Money Trap)
    The comic strip comes to the big screen with Bill Murray providing the voice of the famous flabby feline, Garfield.
    *The sad part is I just depise Garfield and Jennifer Love Hugetits....but Henry wants to see it and I'll take him and then have my mind wiped later.

The Stepford Wives (Aka The Dream I had last night)
    Nicole Kidman stars as a woman who moves to the suburbs with her husband and discovers the secret that's turning the town's wives into compliant robots.
    *Uhhhh no real interest for me here, did like the original...it's a rental.

Napoleon Dynamite

In a small town in Iowa, it?s not easy to be a dance-loving, leisure suit-wearing, ninja-worshipping outsider like Napoleon Dynamite.
    *sounds like a good flick. But I doubt I'll get the chance. so it'll be a future rental I look forward to.

Thoughts?

(oh and I finally saw Kill Bill Vol 2 yesterday...very good very dialog heavy film...but I love that so it was great)

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    The only one on that list I'm seeing is Harry Potter 3. With the rising cost of seeing a movie, you have to pick your entertainment very carefully. Though I really enjoyed The Day After Tomorrow. That may be one I eventually buy on DVD.

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Harry Potter is what I want to see from that list.

Don't foget Incredibles later on this year.

Never saw Pitch Black (waits for Deadpool to flames him again for not seeing another movie on his 'list to see') so it doesn't matter if I see Chronicles of Riddick. I am still pissed off at Vin for not doing XXX II.

4. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    I didn't see Pitch Black until just a few months before my hospitalization, and I"m not a horror fan but I loved that movie. I am anxiously awaiting the Chronicles of Riddick.

PoA, as you all know is high on my list since I will be seeeing it 3 times Friday (reference to Hawkie's talk about rising ticket prices....like that effects my moviegoing. Further Debt, here i come!)

5. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    My anniversary (three years! OMG!) with the ladyfriend is Friday, the day POA premieres. We're both big fans so we'll be attending the first showing in Roseville (I love Fandango!).

Spider-Man 2 also looks sweet. I remember battle lines being drawn summer of '02 over Spider-Man being better than AOTC or vice versa.

Chronicles of Riddick looks awesome, and so does the video game, so I'm going to rent Pitch Black to get the story.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Congrats on the anniversery my friend. I can't believe she has put up with you for that long!! ;) Just josh'n ya bro. Any nuptials in the future?? ;)

7. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Perhaps. We're not worrying about that until we're both done with college. C'mon, she just graduated high school on Friday! ;)

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Just josh'n ya bro. You two still have a lot of living to do.

Okay, new Pic of the Week is up. I will be expecting emails with all club members captions.

Night all

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I didn't forget any movies. only two weeks at a time. lots of movies...must pace selves.

Congrats to Joe first. Like LDV said...She's put up with you this long?...give that girl a medal.

I wont blast ya for not seeing Pitch Black Dev...I know lots of people that haven't seen it. and not all liked it.

It's not a great movie, but I like it's style. The first was Sci Fi horror. This one's suppose to be just Sci Fi...and the third (if they make one) is suppose to be...something else so the director/writer says.

Potter 3 is going to be huge. I'm not sure if I'll even get to see it friday. I hope so.

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds cool Dead.

Maybe Pitch Black should be a movie for viewing for the Film Club meeting

11. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Just found out I'm seeing the Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi while I'm in LA this Saturday. :D

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    [Cartman]I hate you Kessel[/South Park]

I'm a jealous man. take a camcorder for me ok.

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
  14. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Plus it's playing at Arclight, the greatest theater ever to exist

*rubbing salt in the wound*

You can have my ticket stubb if you want ;)

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I think KR is overdue for a set of mouse nads. Whatya think Dead?? ;)

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Nah don't hate the player hate the game. I'm happy for the lucky bugger.

he could make it up to me by getting some mouse ears (not nads) with Deadpool on them though.

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yeah, I am just josh'n KR, just ENVY I guess. ;) Besides Dead's "nad's hat" with Deadpool on it, KR, can you take some pics of the theater and other stuff down there? If you do get a chance to go to mouse land, it would be cool if you could get some pics of Star Tours. Particularly of C-3PO and R2.

18. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Y'know I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Artoo and Threepio in Star Tours. With Cathy I always backdoored all the rides with her disability.

I'm hearing they've gotten alot more strict about it now, but I think I should still qualify for the Special Assistance pass and will give it a whirl.

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Ok so Who's seeing Harry Pothead today? Who saw it already? how was it? (no spoilers for the other kids please)

I'm hoping to go directly after work, hoping it's not sold out.

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    If you haven't gone already, when are you going? I'd love to see it tonight but Davis is gonna be packed.

21. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    i was all set to go but I've been so sick this week and it's gotten worse. I'd hate to be that guy like in outbreak and all.

in an odd note I got asked to see harry potter on a date....which I had to decline. (with a very nice girl...which makes me wonder why would a nice girl ask out Deadpool?....oh yeah worlds coming to an end)been a strange day.

oh well I'm kickin it old school watching my borowed ROTK dvd extras.

Now if only I had a naughty nurse to come take care of me....NO LDV PUT THE COSTUME AWAY!!

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awww, well feel better soon. We'll all go see it on IMAX as soon as Esquire gets their act together.

23. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I just got back from seeing Harry Potter.
    It was really good. Of course there were a few scenes they left out that I would of like to seen.
    But it was still great. What made it better.... I went while the kids were in school... :D

Going at 1 made a difference.. it wasn't packed.. there was no line waiting to get in.
    But there was a line at 3:30 when I left.

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    :( Deadpool gets asked on a date and Hawkie doesn't??
    :_| the world is coming to an end.

goodbye cruel, heartless world. *locks herself in her Hobbit hole watching TTT:EE*

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    "Now if only I had a naughty nurse to come take care of me....NO LDV PUT THE COSTUME AWAY!!"

I am not wasting my naughty nurse costume on you Deadpool. ehem, I have a head ache AND good taste. [face_beatup]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.