main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA The Summer Movie Predictions, Gripes, Kudos, Trash Talkin, Recomendations, and Film Fanatics Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    **sigh** brushes off KR's slap. [looks at KR]Somebody get the Raid, a mosquito just tried to bite me. Try that again bro, and I will press you into the ground with my weak thumb. You know I can do it. ;)

[looks at Tionne]easy there little sister, I know a 14 year old girl who could kick your a$$. ;) Tread lightly you two.

If I am not mistaken, I smell a double standard here. You can say what you will about a movie that was taken from a book that doesn't follow the book completely, but yet, I can't say the same for HP and the POA. Which for anyone who read the book [looks around, and can count on one hand how many actually read the book] will know that they didn't follow the story line from the book. Hmmmmmm pretty unfair there Rogues. Getting all up on me when you just did the very same thing.

If I wasn't up north, I'd be at the BBQ and smack ya both myself!

Oh KR, thanks for the compliment bro. ;) Even though haven't seen it yet. LOL

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Ahem! I have read HP and POA and if you'll notice my comments on the movie way back in that thread I felt it was very book-accurate. But let's not get back into that.

Bring on this 14 year-old, remember Morrigan still needs an adversary. ;)

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    *steers clear of debris form HP fallout.

So...anyway.

"San Dimas High School Football Rules!!"

(not to mention thier awesome water slides and time travelling stoners)

*runs away.

4. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Hahah! "Wyld Stalyns Rules!" :D

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    oh pu-leeeese, you must have been getting too much wif from your room mates room if you thought the movie was book accurate. But, moving along, moving along. The 14 year old is taller than me deary ... and she is one bad Sithy herself. Heh heh heh

6. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Personally I think HP book 7 will be like Boogie Nights.

Harry will have a falling out with the gang and go around in back alleys performing "magic" tricks for cash.

Sadly he had to eat poor Hedwig (tastes like Chicken)

ok moving....on:

I'd like to call some attention to a film I for one am looking forward to:

Ju-On (Aka The Grudge]Trailer

I ran into this trailer and then oddly I ran right into the American Remake Version of the same film...all in one night. and Both look pretty good.

The U.S Version The Grudge

Keep in mind I love Asian Horror Films, they are by way creepier then are own.

SPEAKING OF WHICH:

The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi<<Click me for cool goodies.

Now back to other film stuff.

Opening August 6, 2004

Collateral (Nationwide)
    Tom Cruise plays a hitman and Jamie Foxx is the cabbie forced to drive from one contract killing to another throughout the night.

Ok this movie looks seriously bad.

Little Black Book (Nationwide)
    Brittany Murphy stars as a talk show producer who goes into her new guy's PDA to find out information about his ex-girlfriends.

This is a movie that should never have been made...now girls will be going through guys PDA's and Cell phone's...oh wait that happens already...carry on.

Code 46 (Limited)
    In a heavily controlled future, an investigator (Tim Robbins) falls for a forger (Samantha Morton) and tries to protect her from the law.

Actually the trailer looks decent.

Stander (Limited)
    The true story of Andre Stander, a young police captain who became South Africa?s most notorious bank robber.

Looks interesting. Thonas Jane is in it.

Opening August 11, 2004

The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (Nationwide)
    Anne Hathaway again plays Mia, Princess of Genovia, who learns she must get married before she can be crowned.

Sadly I promised I'd take KR to this one months ago..if I don't he'll cry like a little girl...again.

Danny Deckchair (Limited)
    An Australian man ties helium balloons to his deckchair and sails away to a small town in the Outback.

Co-Stars Eoywn from LOTR. She's a full on hottie...but Dvd rental is in this movies future.

Opening August 13, 2004

Alien vs. Predator (Nationwide)
    A team of Antartic explorers is caught in the middle of a battle between two vicious extra-terrestrial combatants.

Better rock or some screenwriter and director are gonna get thier arse kicked. Seriously..this kinda thing should write itself...and so far the trailers haven't looked too hot.

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Nationwide)
    The card game hits the big screen for the first time as Yugi battles the awakened spirit of Anubis with the fate of the world at stake.

hmmm Pass.

Novo (Limited)
    A French comedy about a guy with short-term memory loss who can't remember the woman he was with the previous night.

Oh those dang French!! They made a movie about me and I got no mother f-ing movie check!!

We Don't Live Here Anymore (Limited)
    Two couples, who have all been close friends for a long time, find their lives changing when two of them have an affair.

Sure might be a good date movie...I think.

Opening August 20, 2004

Exorcist: The Beginning (Nationwide)
    Father Merrin has his first encounter with demonic forces as a missionary in post-WWII Africa.

uhhh nope. I love horror films but I'll pass till DVD.

Without a Paddle (Nationwide)
    Three friends on a canoe trip face backwoods farmers, whitewater rapids, tree-hugging hippie chicks and a crazy mountain man.

Looks funny.

Benji: Off the Leash (Limited)
    The lovable Benji teams up with animals and kids to to save Benji's mother from a greedy backyard breeder.

Holy Dog Poop They Made ANOTHER Benji movie???!! clearly this is it kids..the end

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ummmm yeah Dead

Hey, you will be happy to know I have now seen Army of Darkness. ;) They have this channel up here I wish we had. It's the Independent Film Channel "IFC". There are so many great movies on that channel.

And about Army of Darkness - I love the part with all the skeleton hands smacking him in the face and pulling the Stooges routines on him. LOL

8. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    IMHO = In my humble opinion...although in Deadpool's case none of his opinions are humble tongue

I always took it to mean In My Honest Opinion, but to each their own.

PoA has a resemblence to the book. Most of it is straight from the book, there are just omissions in the film.

While, with Bourne Identity, the only things that are from the book:
    His name is Jason Bourne
    He worked for Treadstone (which is something else entirely i the book)
    He had a Swiss account in his hip

That is ALL there is from the book. SO!!!!! :p

I am so looking forward to Collateral. It looks great to me.

I still haven't seen Zatoichi and it's killing me.

Code 46 looks brilliant to me. All Philip K Dick feeling. I can't wait!

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Ahhh LDV broke his Army of Darkness Cherry...

So what did ya think of it? Sure it's not Epic,but it's good evil fun.

although in Deadpool's case none of his opinions are humble tongue

hey now all my opinions are like Underdogs secret identity...Show Shine Boy
    "Oh shoe shine boy you are humble and lovable"

keep me out of the HP topic, I said my part long ago.

As a fair bit of news Deadpool moves out begining on the 1st. So we can have Film Club in my new Ghetto Fabu Place.

we at least need to have one or two before KR moves back down south.

Hey LDV can ya bring me back some of that wonderful food from Canada? I hear they have some great treats up there...Pie, and fun lickable candy treats, and pie.

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    well I already said what I needed to say about HP and POA. I just hope they do a better job on GOF so there ... nyaaaa nyaaaa :p KR. ;) LOL

And Deadpool ... Army of Darkness was ummmmm different to say the least. Heh heh heh. And Deadpool, I got plenty of Canadian candy to share with everyone.

I will be gone for a few days now, because my trek across three provinces to Edmonton, Alberta starts in the morning.

Be back in a few days.

MTFBWY!!!

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Have a good trip LDV, save some of the Canadian Candy for the Deadpool party and bring back more Canadian stuff. Like bacon, a goose, a maple leaf, a Mountie!!! :D

12. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    I dont know what you are talking about...we have plenty of SW way up here in Canada, Unleashed and much more even the Insider!!! Yes its true it is sold here.

... but i must tell you that it is very illegal to do anything to a Canadian Goose, other than admire them for having the good sense to go south for the winter...bbbrrrrrrr ! Bacon, do you mean back bacon or maple leaf bacon...2 birds with one stone. lol As for the Mounties you are more than welcome to them Tionne, bon appetit.

I want to see THE VILLAGE !!!
    and THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE !!!

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  14. Master_Jedi_Cecil

Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    hey everyone jedi cecil is back!!!!!!

i jsut saw the village and everyone should see it

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Wow! Welcome back Cecil. As LDV has reminded me, once a Rogue, always a Rogue. :)

16. Master_Jedi_Cecil

Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    hey yea and once a Jedi always a jedi.....unless your well....Dooku or something

so yea great to be back

17. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    This summer sucks. I haven't been to the movies in weeks now.

Spider-man 2 is the last thing I've seen.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY THE 13th and the bound to suck Aliens Vs Predator hits screens (unless the rumor running around is true and they pull it for more work and push the release date back)

I'm thinking of either seeing this or using it as cover fire to see Borne or The Village in a less then packed theater.

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes, go see Bourne. It's worth it if anything for the car chase!! LOL Actually, it's a very good movie. I loved it

19. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    "The Village", I really liked this one and I am looking forward to watching the DVD to revisit the beginning of the film with the knowledge gained from the first viewing...I am sure it will be even better !!!

Also saw a couple good trailers for other films, next on the horizon "Manchurian Candidate".

20. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    bah to Manchurian. See the original!

I loved Bourne. Saw it while in LA. Also saw Garden State and Village. Both really good, though Garden State is the true winner of the two.

21. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    Hah ! to your bah, I have seen the original and would also like to see the new version, the casting looks brilliant. Lucky for me, it's a free country[ ahem...Canada that is...] so I may see what I like to, but thank you for your input if it sucks I will readily admit to your wise counsel on the matter 'kay?

22. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    a free country ahem...Canada that is...well she's got me there.

I'm still trying to get a DVD copy of Orgazmo from Canada off ebay...since we don't have it here in the states.

it's an evil plot I tell ya.

No Orgazmo Dvd
    Celine makes Las Vegas her new terror HQ and suddenly Roy gets mauled by a tiger.
    The price of Canadian bacon (not the movie) goes up.

This can mean only one thing...invasion.

Honestly my only real question is how I sign up to be a Canadian Sabotour?..and if I sign up do I get a free copy of Orgazmo?

23. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    Well Dead, I don't know about 'free' but I will hunt down "Orgazmo" for you if you like, find the best price, add postage to the beautiful state of California and see if you can deal with it ??? Isn't that the one with John Leguizamo ? Strange that you cannot get the DVD there...hmn

Thank God Celine moved south ! That is one scary french-canadienne bon chance mes amis !!! ha ha ha

24. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Yeah check around. I've seen it on Ebay a few times but never bid due to price or seller.

Orgazmo is from the South Park guys. it's about...wait..nevermind.

25. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    'nuff said. Thanx for being so charitable and sparing me the details...lol

Has anyone seen "Taking Lives" ? With Angelina Jolie, Keifer Sutherland....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.