main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN The Sunnydale Libray (A Buffy/Angel Disscussion thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BobaBen, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Ummm. Becuz I cnt speall vry gude.

I went to publick skool.

To be honest I do dabble in Fan Fiction a bit but I don't have anything worthy of sharing. I can come up with good story lines and stuff but I don't have the writing skills to pull off anything serious. Spell checkers don't help with crappy grammer

What I need to do is be like the Shattner and just hire someone to write my ideas for me.

2. MaraJW

MaraJW Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Read this on scifi.com:

Jordan Levin, president of The WB, told the Zap2it Web site that he's confident Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon will figure out a way to bring Spike (James Marsters) over to the network's spinoff series, Angel, next season. Fans who watched Buffy's series finale on May 20 learned what happened to the peroxided vampire with a soul.

"We're awaiting word from [Whedon] on that as well," Levin told the site. "He's obviously a very creative person, and he hasn't let us down in the past. I'm sure he'll figure out a way."

Levin also confirmed that other Buffy characters are scheduled to make appearances on Angel next season, but that Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia) won't return. As Marsters and other Buffy cast members migrate to Angel, so might some of the series' behind-the-camera talent, and Whedon will devote more time to his sole remaining show next season, the site reported.

3. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Wow. so it wasn't a scam.. HUH. Not sure how I feel about that. It was a good death. Bringing him back will lessen the moment.

Oh well Bringing Buffy back didn't so maybe this wont.

I think Willow is a good Canidate for Guest shots on Angel seeing her real life Sigificant other works on the show.

4. MaraJW

Apr 11, 2002
    Ok I was reading this somewhere and I had totally forgoten about this (It's an idea how Spike could return):

Fans are speculating that Whedon and co. will fall back on Shanshu, an ancient prophecy introduced during Angel's first season that says once a vampire with a soul fulfills his destiny, he will become human.

Human Spike? I don't know about that!

5. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    That would be sneaky. Put a Prophecy about Spike on Angel. Totally blind side us. I like that.

If I remember right the Prophecy was that the Vampire would "Live". Wes just assumed that meant become human again.

6. MaraJW

Apr 11, 2002
    Joss Whedon has this to say about that:

"That's an interpretation," he says, "and ultimately, it could become the interpretation if we decide to go that way."

And I must say, WOW! I have such a bad memory, I don't remember any of this being said!

7. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Well remember that Wes first thought it mean that Angel would die. but then he later found out it could also mean Live.

But still wasn't that part of the Fake prophecy that Time Travel demon put out just to get back at Angel?

The same one that made Wed think Angel would Kill Connor. Of course Angel Kinda did Kill Connor so I guess it still may hold true. At least killed who Connor was anyway.

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Aint it cool has a "spoiler" On spike

They are clear that this may be all BS but if it's true this would be very very cool

Go check it out if your not chicken!

Clicky then highlight inviso text

I don't usually deal in Buffy/Angel Spoilers but this was too tempting to pass up. :)

9. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    good work by joss and company

Ben

10. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    up for people who want to talk about buffy

Ben

11. Snidely_Whiplash

Snidely_Whiplash Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2002
    Just a reminder that angel Premiers October 1st. :)

12. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    SO? thoughts? Ideas?

I have mixed feelings of this new Angel. I don't know. Just something about it I am not liking all that much. Or at least I was 50/50 on the whole thing.

Loved the way Angel Delt with the W&H Special Ops team. Did you see what he did with that shot gun? Cool!

Spike was just in the Amulet! Cool! I like how he just undusted. Spike Rules. Glad to see him there.

Gunn will be the one to go Evil in the group. Anyone want to bet?

Harmony? yuck! I have always hated that character. Sometimes that was the point so it was cool but she is just annoying as hell so I am not too keen on her being there as a semi regular. Though there were a couple of funny moments from her so I guess I should cut her some slack.

13. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    [face_plain] Huh. I thought when someone else upped this thread you guys wanted to talk Angel this year. Guess I was wrong.

14. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Another week of Angel and Dougies still talking to himself. :(

Anyway I liked today?s episode. It's nice to see Spike Confirm what side he's on.

"what you going to do about it, Casper?"
    [face_laugh]

My second favorite line of this series ever!

15. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    sorry i am kinda in a relationship and we go out on wednesdays mostly. is anyone tapeing these so i could broww them

Ben

16. Minnesota_Jones

Minnesota_Jones Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    I know we wanted one thread for discussing Buffy/Angel, do we want to start a new one as this is 8 pages now? Maybe Angel: Casefiles or something like that? That's the name of the book on the first two seasons of Angel - recaping episodes, characters, etc.

17. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I don't mind if we do that but I had gotten the idea that Ben wanted to keep using this one.

Either way works for me.

Feel free to start a new one. :D

18. MaraJW

Apr 11, 2002
    I didn't "see" a new thread (not that I was looking to hard) so I'm going to talk here.

Angel was AWESOME this week! I was really disapointed last week when Spike didn't show up until the VERY end! SPIKE is AWESOME!

Anywho, this is now my favorite must see show this year! I'll always have to be home on Wednesday to see it!!

:D

19. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Smallville tops my list now that Buffy is done.

Actually last week they Did show spike early in the episode. They kept showing the Envelope he was in. First in the mail room. Then on the mail cart, then on Angel's desk.

20. Minnesota_Jones

Minnesota_Jones Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Was it me or did the mail room boy with with cart have a BANE mask on from the fan hated Batman and Robin?

21. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I was thinking S&M or some kind of Wrestler.

Bane?s mask was black and Green if I remember right.

22. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    so we finally got a new episode this week.

It was very funny. I am not a big Harmony Fan but this week she was very funny.

I also got a kick out of Spikes reason for not going to find Buffy.

"Kind of hard to top that exit you know."

23. MaraJW

Apr 11, 2002
    OMG!!! This is my favorite episode this season (so far)!

Andrew is awesome!!!

Every scene with him in it had me laughing soooooo hard!

He even kinda had hobbit hair! It was perfect!

Oh, and did ya see Angel get b**chslaped by Andrew at the end?

"I'll just clear this with Buffy"

"Where do you think my orders came from."

HEHEHE

Oh, and all the vampires slayers at the end, backing Andrew up.

And Spike's HANDS got cut off!!!

This was a pretty sweet episode!

:D

24. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I agree. One of the best ones Ever.

I really like the scene when Angel and Spike were discussing Guilt and their Victims.

What really hit me in that scene was when Angel said something about that slayer being an innocent victim and Spike said. "so were we once apon a time."

That was one of those Kick in the gut moments. An outstanding Character building moment for both of our Hero Vampires. Great writing!

Yes and Andrew does rock! especially with a dozen superchicks to back him up.

So Buffy and Giles are training a slayer army. cool!

25. MaraJW

Apr 11, 2002
    CORDY DIED! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Anywho, was it just me or did you all feel that this episode was- I'm not sure, rushed or something. They just went through everything in just one episode. I guess I just thought that they could have pulled it out into two or three episodes.

Oh, and did ya notice how Cordy was popping out most of the episode? What's that about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.