The Super-Awesome Official JC Arena Fantasy World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Spike2002, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Hi guys, at the request of the mods I have been tasked with creating an official Fantasy World Cup 2010 league for any and all Jedi Council Forum members to participate in. It's really easy to register and sign up. Those of you who may have already played fantasy leagues before will know what to do, but for those who haven't, here is a quick walk-through.

First Step:

To register click on this link here and then register (this will sign you up to FIFA.com, but it's linked to the Fantasy Site too.)

Once you've done that, you'll receive an email asking you to click a validation link, when you do that, you'll receive another email telling you that your new account has been approved. That's the first step over and done with.

Second step:

Go back to the original link, and then log in. You may find that you're logged in already. In that case, simply create a team name, and then start selecting your players. As with the old Euro 2008 Fantasy League, you can only start with two players from any one country in your team. We're assuming as the tournament progresses through the stages that this will change and more can be added. If any of you are unfamiliar with the players involved, why not ask the site to Auto Complete a team for you? Then later, as players gain points, you can make transfers and add them to your team. Your budget is 140 points, and you're expected to pick 23 players in total.

Once you have done this, just pick and choose your selection to create your First 11, and choose your captain. Your captain will gain twice as many points simply for being your team captain, so choose him wisely.

You have until 15.45 (South African time) on the 11th June to create your team, so be quick!

Third Step:

Now this is done, there should be some league buttons showing up (there will definitely be one on the menu bar). Go to "Join Private League" and enter in the number 484632-109021

Rules:

This game is based on total points accumulated by the players selected in your teams, and the points will be sorted automatically by the Fantasy website. Points scored by your team captains are worth double, so choose your captain carefully. Goalkeepers and defenders will get extra points for keeping a clean-sheet (no goals scored against them) per game, and all outfield players will receive extra points if they assist a goal, score a goal, or are selected as one of the Fantasy Site's "bonus" players.

The eventual winner of the Fantasy World Cup 2010 League will receive a week's worth of colours

And there will be no game-bannings. Just lots of mocking whoever turns out to be the eventual loser :p

Right, let the games begin, and may the best man/woman win! :D
  2. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    Joined. Feeling confident this year. Just hope my team can stay fit.
  3. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Joined. Hopefully I can put my relegation from the FFUK Premiership behind me and get a good result... :p
  4. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Also joined.

But my substitutes are pretty bad considering I had to stretch my limited budget after buying expensive first choice players.

Having won the Euro 2008 tournament I hope to do well with this one.
  5. PhilippLahm16 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I signed up, still have to pick my team and join the league.

Question: do I have to pick 23 players, or just 11?
  6. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    23, but only 11 players will be used the rest are subs.
  7. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    all signed up and ready to lose!
  8. PhilippLahm16 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I picked som eplayers myself, then used auto-complete. Picking 23 is far too tedious.
  9. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    How's everyone doing so far?
  10. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I seem to be winning. I'm not used to it.
  11. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Top of the league at the moment thanks to my captain Wesley Sneijder and his goal against Japan :cool:

May lose points though seeing as my goalkeeper & my main defender are Brazillian and they'll have a tough time against Ivory Coast.
  12. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    And now I'm first thanks to Luis Fabiano, I wish I captained him instead of Maicon. And on top of that I have Eto'o on my bench I should have replaced Rooney with Eto'o while I had the chance. :oops:
  13. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Anyone know if Iniesta is likely to be fit to play against Chile?

If not I'll have to transfer him.
  14. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    If I am reading things correctly, Omega has won the league with the most points! Congrats!
  15. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I managed to keep fourth, yay. Shame my second round and quarter final sucked so much, then I spent 27 points on transfers to fix it, otherwise I might have been still up there :p
  16. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Congrats to Omega for winning :D
  17. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I congratulate Mr Omega on winning the World Title, I had hoped as Euro winner to achieve the same double as Spain could, but was only runner-up.

However, I did at least win the secondary form of the tournament listed below the league table in play-off form, even if it was only by 1 point :p
  18. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks guys!
    lol indeed, and the sad thing is I have Iniesta on my bench I should have replaced him with Özil. :p
  19. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Congrats Omega!

Though beating the likes of me isn't really an accomplishment.:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.