main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA The Sw Dvd's. THE ROGUE FORCE VERDICT.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Sep 22, 2004.

?

The Sw Dvd's. THE ROGUE FORCE VERDICT.

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Love em. Changes and All.

87.5%
  2. Hate em Changes and All.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm conflicted, They look and sound great, but these changes make me feel violated.

12.5%
  4. I don't own them and NEVER will!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
  2. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    For me. They look and sound great. The changes are not much. Han/Greedo look better Han/Jabba look WAY better.

The change in dialog in ESB between the Emp and Vader...is clunky but Vague. if you were to watch the OT first you might even be more shocked by "I'm am your father" (this was the change I was worried most about and I'm cool with it)

No girlie scream from Luke in ESB. GONE BABY!! that alone was worth the price for me.

Jedi..well....it's not bad. Odd but not bad.

3. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i love em 'nuff said.

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Haven't got mine yet. But I am sure I will love them all.

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I haven't gotten mine yet either. Went to Wal Mart and Best Buy and compared prices....about $20 difference! I'll get them eventually.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Heh, I just can't afford it right now. LOL

7. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Two words LDV: Sugar Momma.

Or

these two words: Man whore.

8. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    The picture quality is excellent. The movies have never looked better. Just check the old trailers from '76 and '77 for proof.

Audio is a mixed bag. I have surround sound and some lines were crystal clear and came through the two front channels in stereo, while some sounded muffled and only came through the center speaker. Probably unfixable, but it was disctracting sometimes.

I noticed in ANH though, in the escape from the Death Star sequence, some of the TIEs had a square of discoloration around them, making the sky a dark brown instead of black. Don't know if it's just my TV (which I doubt, it's a brand new flatscreen) or what.

Otherwise, I LOVE the 4th disc. Empire of Dreams made me fall in love all over again. BUY THESE DISCS. You get a free poster at fye. :)

9. Master_Jedi_Cecil

Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    I went to best buy and bought the widescreen edition today and i watched some of the 4th disk stuff and i love the DVDs. I mean, the menus are awesome and theres a lot of interesting stuff

I got a star wars insider magazine also which is koo...it has a lot of facts for i guess first time SW watchers.....which should be nobody but nevertheless... its very nice

i like the trivia that was in the issue also

Im gonna watch the trilogy this weekend!...ill stay locked in my dorm!!

10. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I got mine Monday at 10:30 said hi to some of the 501st then went home and watched all three in a row and went to work. Tuesday night watched all the bonus stuff. Last night watched ANH and ESB.

I love them, and am totally blown away with the incredible improvement in picture and sound. I too have a hidef TV and THX Ultra and I didn?t notice anything with the sound being muffled.

Joe, maybe you didn?t have it loud enough to begin with! ;)

LDV I?m sorry you cant get them now I feel your pain. :(

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    No worries crutag. I am still plugging away with my VHS's. ;)

They still work fine. Even now at 3142. ;)

12. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i got mine 3 days before they came out i like the changes now, i got used to them.

13. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Where can I find the lowest price on the DVDs?

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I got mine tonight at Walmart for $42.99 ... I am also going back for the DVD figures too

BTW I got Star Wars Battle Grounds for PS2 tonight as well. ;)

EDIT: Also, I am having an all night viewing of the DVDs, so I will cast my vote after I am done. ;) I am sure it will be a unanimous vote. ;) But, the Master Jedi Viewer has to view them all before he makes his decision. ;) LOL

15. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I don't like the redub of Fett's lines. "As you wish" and a couple others don't sound nearly as badass. Where before "as you wish" sounded reluctant, like "Dammit, I wanted to desintigrate them," now it's like "Whatever you say, boss! Can I get you some coffee too?"

16. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Mesa no got monies fo dee deeveedees, but mesa hear itsa bombad ting!

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay ...

Jedi Master Viewer will comment on the movies, particularly ANH... ;) LOL

This critique is only after watching ANH on DVD one time. ;)

First of all two thumbs WAYYYYYYY up for all three movies.

This will be blacked out, out of respect for those who haven't seen it yet and want to wait to see the changes themselves.

Ya know, I have looked at all the lists on the web of changes made to ANH and most of the lists don't state all the changes I have seen. Which if I had to guess off the top of my head is around 25-30. I may sit down some day and watch and check all changes I have seen.

The sound of the 20th Century logo song is better and not so much echo'd now.

The surface of Tatooine is so much more defined. Lots more details.

They really fixed R2's switch from two legs to three after speaking with Leia. It looks so much cleaner and not jumpy.

They still didn't get rid of the crewman off to the left before the Stormies 'stunned' Leia. You can still see his shirt. ;)

They even added a line for C3PO when he and R2 are on the Sandcrawler and they are getting ready to be sold to the Lars'.

They cleaned up Luke's landspeeder as well when he and 3PO are travelling through the canyon and the Sand People are looking down at them. Very nice

I thought the high pitched change in the tone of the Krayt Dragon impression Old Ben did was a nice touch as well.

I also like how they changed the land speeder as it reaches the outskirts of Mos Eisley. It looks better too.

And since its been cleaned up, you really can see Dash Rendar's Outrider lots better.

I'm glad GL didn't tinker with the Cantina song.

**sigh** Well what can ya say about the Han/Greedo scene. It does look lots better, but I am still of the old school. HAN SHOT FIRST! Nuf said. ;)

The Han/Jabba scene is much better, but Han is still a little jerky, but it's very much improved. Although, I was hoping they would have changed Han's line at the end of that scene. He tells Jabba he's a 'wonderful human being.' He's a Hutt!!! HELLO!! Now, I know when they originally filmed that scene, a human was standing in for Jabba, but even since GL added the scene, that line just doesn't makes sense to me. Oh well.

They also changed the colors of the buttons on the Death Stars laser console as well. Lots more green. They also changed the color of the laser energizing. It's got a red beam to start with. Impressive.

I dunno about the rest of you, but in the very next scene, the first time we sit it, Luke's light saber looks a little bit green to me. They also changed the color of the stun bolts coming from the practice droid.

They also cleaned up the lighting overlay when the Falcon is caught in the tractor beam and brought onto the Death Star. It was very noticeable before and now its gone. Yay!

I thought the extra Stormtrooper line "There's no one here" was a bit much, but it's ok.

They cleaned up the shutting of the doors too.

I absolutely love the fact they placed a sound effect in when the Stormtrooper bumps his head on the door! Its hilarious! It sounds as if he actually banged his helmet on the door. Very funny.

I love that they changed the words 'Tractor Beam' from Basic to Imperial.

I like what they did with the Detention block hallway too. It looks better than it did before.

The Dianoga in the garbage masher scene looks pretty cool too. Now it blinks. ;) LOL

And thank goodness they changed the blaster sound back to the original in the scene with Luke and Leia on the bridge. While Luke is pulling out the cord, Leia is firing the blaster at the Stormies. In the SE it sounds an awful lot like a shot gun or heavy caliber hand gun. Now, it sounds like a blaster again.

They also have more Stormies shooting at Han when he rounds the corner on all of them too.

And what can you say about the light saber duel between Ben and Vader except WOW! A whole lot better! And they added in a few extra manuevers as well. Very awesome.

They still didn't fix the dull black boxes ar

18. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    LDV, you didn?t mention the episode 3 Vader. Did you notice him?

Aside from that and some shorter cuts on people getting hit by blaster fire you mentioned everything I noticed. ;)

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm with Joe on the Fett voice, I miss the old voice. He sounded cruel and means business, now it sounds cold.

I'll get use to it though, but Boba could have had a different voice possibly a injury to the throat or something...meh oh well.

at least they didn't re-do all the storm trooper dialog, that would have been a bad move. (how would luke and han have pulled off the Death Star rescue otehrwise?)

20. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I don't think the Stormtroopers are clones... at least not many of them. Remember how the clones had an accelerated growth rate? They'd all be dead by the time ANH rolls around.

21. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    There was a rumor that they would change the voices, glad it was just a rumor.

They could make more clones though. it's something I hope EP3 deals with. are the troops clones from various people or are they just some poor schmuck got drafted?

it makes sense that they are both. clones could give them large numbers of troops, and anyone smart enough that signs up could be officers.

granted this info from ep 3 could be out there already, but I wouldn't know, and don't want to..not yet.

I did break down and give the EP 3 doc a look. thankfully nothing spoiled, nothing learned. Saw parts of the fight, but I'd seen most of that already. I did however forego watching the Video Game for Ep3 doc, that one seems like it would be full of info but I could be wrong.

less then a year to go before all in known, I have a tough road. I'm still considering ignoring the trailers, and for once I will not buy the soundtrack or any other toys and tie ins till after I see it.
    it's the last film..I want to walk into that theater without any clues and walk out just floored (in a good way I hope)

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Oh pu-lease, we know you wanna see them Dead. ;)

I heard the first trailer for EP3 will be with The Incredibles. Does anyone know if this is true?

Pfftt, I am gonna look at it all. I even looked at the easter eggs too. Some of them were pretty funny, even the when Boba Fett was shooting at Wicket! LOL

Boba's voice had to be changed. Continuity peeps, continuity.

And no, not all stormies are clones. Joe's right, the clones would have been dead. And, yes, the clone situation is dealt with in Ep3. ;) ;)

crutag - did you finally get to see the potato in the asteroid field in ESB? Or did you see the tennis shoe in the final battle in ROTJ? Orrrrrr did you see the poster of the ANH and the playboy bunny of the year poster in the window of the Tantive IV in ANH?? ;) ;)

EDIT: BTW, which one of you gundarks feels 'violated'??

23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    BTW, which one of you gundarks feels 'violated'??

I was wondering that myself.

I said I'd try not to see the trailers. but you know the Tv spots will be in full effect before the movie hits so I know I cannot avoid it all. unless I go Unibomber style and hide in the woods.

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Not me, I am embracing every EP3 thingy I can see. ;) I mean we all know what happens, so I am not worried.

I am even going to sneak my video camera in and record the trailer. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

I will be watching all three DVDs again tonight with director/GL commentary. Finally, I will be able to find out what Lukes failure in the cave means.

Has anyone seen the bloopers yet? Pretty funny stuff ;)

25. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i have to say somthing hayden looks funny in the suit. he has a big head and little body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.