main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE SW:TV:DVD THREAD

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LottDodd, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    This is a thread Regaurding the availlabillity... or future Availlabillity of these fine shows on the Greatest of ALL Formats: DVD.

When or Will the Holliday Special Ever Be Availlable? What about Complete Seasons of Droids or Ewoks? The Two Made For TV Movies?

And Finally the Samurai Jack Style Cartoon! Probably the Most Likely to be found on DVD Anytime soon...

PS... The Muppet Show and Sesamee Street.

Plus their is a Collection Called the "Stars of Star Wars" with all the interviews of the orriginal stars from the OT

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I'm sure you'll see the Clone Wars cartoon on DVD sometime around EP III release.At least I hope so.

The holiday special? I think you got a better chance of seeing god.From what I have read Lucas hated it.I doubt he'll release it on DVD.Its a shame,even tho it wasnt that good,it would be cool to have for your collection.

The muppet show with Luke and the droids is available on DVD.Suncoast has it, I bought it for my brother for Christmas :D

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Yep, the Muppet Show episode is available on DVD. Also, the Ewok movies were available on VHS, and so were a couple episodes of the Droids and Ewoks cartoons.

Unfortunately, the Holiday Special was never officially released on VHS, and probably never will be available on DVD. Hopefully, the Ewok movies and all of the cartoons will be available on DVD in the future.

I'd also like to take this moment to remind everyone that discussing illegal ways of obtaining any of these shows is against forum rules, and anyone who mentions illegal ways of obtaining videos may be banned.

Edit:
    At Celebration 2, they had a "Star Wars in Pop Culture" video room that showed hours upon hours of Star Wars related footage from TV. Some of the quality was really bad, but something like that would be awesome to have on DVD. However, we shouldn't keep our hopes up, as something like that would require a lot of permission from a lot of various companies.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There was an "ask the jedi council" question about SW TV on DVD, and the answer was that they would definately be coming out on DVD, bu not until after Episode 3.

5. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001

Q: Any chance the two Ewok movies or the Ewoks and Droids cartoon series will be released on DVD?

A: I hope so. Definitely.

At some point after we're finished with Episode III, we'd really like to make all of that material available to our fans on DVD.

Unfortunately, we won't be even thinking of making any firm plans until we're finished with this trilogy. - Rick McCallum
    (source)

6. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I have to agree with TK7771, you got a better chance of seeing God. The Star Wars Holiday special is Georges' "Bastard Child." It sucks "ass" people have said it was "so cool." Not cool, Boba Fett was introduced as a cartoon for cripes sakes. George owns the rights to that one, and most likely he will keep it more hidden that the final script for Ep III. Even with all of the digial abilities that he has he won't touch that with a 10-foot pole.

[edited]

YJ edit: Don't mention where bootleg copies can be found.

7. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I Hope this Thread Goes "Official".... First Come First Serve I Say...

8. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Having a Droids/Ewoks DVD collection would be great. I just bought a DVD player, and I'd enjoy having two boxed sets, one of Droids and one of Ewoks...

9. OwenSkywalker3

OwenSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    You know, I've met God. She's very nice. Oh, and by the way, she said to stop putting so much frigging SUGAR IN THE KOOL-AID!

Wood

10. darthroom-sink

darthroom-sink Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2003
    You are right dude, it is terrible especially Carrie Fishers singing. [edited]

YJ edit: Don't mention bootleg copies, or where they can be obtained.

11. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i hope the Holiday Special comes to DVD.

ive never seen it. and from what ive heard, im not missing much. but it would still be cool to see.

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    We will most likely never see thw Holiday Special on DVD. GL said he would like to burn every copy of it, I don't think he will authorise another million or so copies to be made.

13. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    It is of Great Historical Import to the Star Wars Community. I Know we are not supposed to discuss illegally obtained DVD's, but If Lucasfil will never release it, then the Fans will have no choice but to turn to Piracy. Any Fan that has seen it has allready taken that option... and it's only a matter of time untill the rest of us get around to it. Personally, I'd Rather give my Money to Lucas... But Heck, I've got to get my fix, and this Star Wars Monkey Isn't Going Away...

14. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    What About Sessame Street. Wasn't there a Couple of Episodes with Artoo and Threepio? Does Sessame Street Have Any DVDs? I Don't think it does...

15. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Post Your DVD Question's here at the Semi-official Official DVD Thread... (((Yoda Jeff, Padme Bra... Let's make this Thread Official)))

16. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    I don't see a reason to make threads "official". If it's the first and only thread on a topic, all future threads on the topic can be directed to that one. The word "official" just seems to make things seem too forced.

17. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Youre Right... Especially if this forum never gets beyond page 2... This is the slowest growing forum of all time. I had Just seen 3 or four other "DVD" Threads here on Page one.. and thought that since Mine was first... I've never had an "Official" THread... I Guess I was Just Being Greedy.

18. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Actually, this isn't the slowest growing forum of all time. I'm sure it'll see more traffic when the Clone Wars cartoons are released.

However, let's try to get back on topic here. ;)

19. SoftballWizard388

SoftballWizard388 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    Lucasfilm would be CRAZY not to release the SW: Clone Wars episodes on DVD.

First, since they're 2-3 minutes in length, it's gonna be hard to "record" these clips on VHS and keep it in a neat, orderly fashion. (I can "pause" out ads, but I'm not that quick to do it completely).

Second, it's a money goldmine for Lucasfilm. They're already making money from Cartoon Network, and the DVDs are easy money. If they get $6 to $7 per DVD, that's millions once you factor in Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Amazon.com, and others selling it.

20. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I believe they'll wait until the entire "Season" Is Available and then Sell it at Aprox 20-30 Dollars. The Entire Season will probably equal about a Ninety Minute Mini-series...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.