main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The SWC Member Interview Thread, v.1

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jedi Gunny, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You asked for it, so you shall now receive!

Welcome to the Official SWC Member Interview Thread, Version 1.0. This is the place where you can get to know more about your fellow SWCers through a series of questions posed to each member who is willing to conduct an interview. I, Jedi Gunny, will be your slightly-sane interviewer, so I will try to come up with as varied a list of questions as I can for each person to keep this fresh and fun!

Guidelines:

1. I will only interview people who specifically PM me giving me permission to interview them in this manner (this is to prevent me from asking someone who is not expressly interested in being interviewed if they want to participate).

2. I will ask a series of 8-10 questions to each person, mostly about the SWC and TF.N in general. Some more "personal" questions will be asked, but nothing where you need to feel uncomfortable (if you do feel uncomfortable with a question I ask, just reply that you are unwilling to answer a question and give the number; I will issue a substitute question to replace it). They will likely be more along the vein of "What hobbies do you have?" or "What is your favorite color?"
    (NOTE: If you want to cross the Bridge of Death, the answer to that question is always "Blue" :p)

3. I will PM back one person who has PMed me with interest in being interviewed every so often. If you are not chosen, don't panic; I want to get to everyone, so you'll get your chance soon enough.

4. Most Important Step: Please be civil and respect the responses of other people. Some issues can be contentious, so please respect the rights of others to their opinions. Please follow all forum and board rules. If there are any questions regarding this, please contact Sinrebirth.

5. Although socialization to some extent is encouraged (commenting on people's responses is OK), please don't socialize more than you have to. If you want to socialize at length, keep it in the Cloud City Cantina. ;)

6. In general, just have fun. That's the whole reason we're doing this, so keep it fun, and keep it weird. [face_peace]

So, who's first? [face_mischief]

2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
  3. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Gunny: Here we go.

1. How did you find out about the JCF in the first place?

I found out about it from the linkey on the main TFN page, being an avid fanfic archive reader.

2. What attracted you to the SWC?

I'm all about networking, community, etc. This place has some of the most random stuff on the boards.

3. How long have you been a fan of SW?

12 years

4. What is your favorite color? :p

Blue

5. If you could meet any person, alive or dead, and hang around with them for a day, who would it be?

Jesus

6. If you could meet any SWC user in person, who would it be?

Frank T.

7. What is your favorite SW Episode?

ESB

8. What hobbies do you have?

Playing piano, sports.

9. What was the last book/article/essay, etc. you read?

Revelations: Book One of the Merlin Chronicles by Daniel Diehl

10. Who is your favorite musical artist?

FUN.

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The next victim er . . . interviewee . . . has been selected, so stay tuned for the next version of SWC Interviews! [face_mischief]

5. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    well, that was easy. :p

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Get me out of here!

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hide yerselves, for here comes another installment of TMZ . . . er . . . SWC Interviews! :p

This time with the guy who came up with the idea for this thread, Rick! Also known as Sistros, MadHatter, Charn, etc.

Rick's responses are in bold.

1. Why did you join the TF.N forums?​

it was originally to ask a simple question. I didn't plan on staying at all, I had a heard a rumour that Dooku was going to duel both Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time in ROTS, this was in Nov 2004, and wanted to know if it was true.

2. What attracted you to the SWC?​

The CCC, and was the most friendliest place on the boards, the most relaxed chilled place, so I stayed here ever since, I even introduced my best friend here

3. If you could meet one SWCer in real life, who would it be?​

we all know the answer that, the love of my life

4. What is your favorite color?

blue, I tend to go towards the lighter shades of it though, dark blue is ok, funnily enough I detest the blue colour of the lightsaber blade, it just looks blah, I also like the purple colour of rusty, before it turns into the orangey brown colour.

5. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy with your winnings?

buy my mum a cottage she likes in Somerset

6. Cake or pie?

if I had to eat either it would be cake

7. Favorite SW Episode?

AOTC , there is just something about it,

8. What is your dream job?

being an Auteur director without being snobby to realise film is a collaborative effort and each person should bring their idea to the story, however if I wanted complete control of a movie, I better get spending that lottery money :p

9. What did you have for breakfast this morning?​

don't eat breakfast, I decide what the most important meal of the day is, not a person in a white lab coat. :p

8. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    can I have the pie you left behind?

epithree likes this.
  9. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    it was steak and kidney

why I opted for cake :p

10. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    you don't know what you're missing

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Big thanks to Sinrebirth for stickying this post. :)

And it's about time I find out who will be the next interviewee. So stay tuned as always; same time, same channel.

12. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Well done, Gunny. :)

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hey you, Gunny-man! :p When is it my time?

:p

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm still waiting on the next interviewee to respond to my questions. :)

Your time will come soon enough.

15. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    [​IMG]

that's the colour

16. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I'll wait...[face_waiting]

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The Third Interview: My Chat with Mister_Master

1. What brought you to the TF.N forums?

A: Star Wars obviously.:p Originally I joined to comment on a fanfic that I had read. I started out reading fanfic and playing in RPGs. Eventually I started venturing out into other parts of the forums.

2. What brought you to the SWC?

A: I was stalking Gunny.:p I'm only half kidding. At the time I only hung out in WNU, Fanfiction and the RPG sections. I was wanting to find new places to hang out so I decided I would find out where some of my friends hung out. I followed Gunny to the SWC and took up permanent residence in the CCC.

(Interviewer note: Not sure if I should be happy or slightly disturbed. :p Nah, just kidding)

3. If you could meet one SWCer in real life, who would it be?

A: This isn't a fair question. I like too many.:p If I can only choose one then I choose Charn. I think it would be cool to meet him.

4. What was the last book/article/essay you read?

A: The last book I read is called Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman.

5. Paper or plastic?

A: I like both.:p

6. If you could be a character in one fictional universe of your choice, which would it be?

A: Narnia. Although I would want to be me in Narnia.:p

7. What are your hobbies?

A: I enjoy reading, writing, playing video games, listening to music, making videos, acting, and last but certainly not least, posting on the Jedi Council Forums.

8. Favorite SW Episode?

A: Return of the Jedi.

9. What was the last song you listened to?

A: Child of Mine by Mark Schultz

10. If you could take a vacation to anywhere in the world at this exact moment, where would it be to and why?

A: I would want to spend the weekend at the British Museum. I love History and that would be so exciting to immerse myself into their culture. This or Medieval Times. That would be fun also.

Thank you MM! =D=

The next set of interview questions will be released tomorrow to our next lucky contestant. :)

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sorry for the delay in sending out the questions. I've had another rough work weekend, and my brain gets scattered. So the next lucky interviewee now has the questions in their possession.

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Interview #4, this time with Frank T.

1. What brought you to TF.N?

I don't remember. A long time ago on a computer far, far slower, sometime in '98 or '99 I was searching for glimpses of what a new SW movie was gonna look like.

2. What attracted you to the SWC?

Mostly the opportunity to get to know Star Wars fans worldwide. Also I am by far the biggest fan among my friends and family so I like talking SW with people as serious (or more so) about it as I am.

At the moment, epithree because we both like hockey(a lot) and Star Wars so right there I know we could talk for days at least.

4. Cake or pie?

Pie!

5. What was the last song that you listened to?

6. If you won the lottery, what would be the first item that you would buy with your winnings?

Whatever I needed at the moment but my first major purchase would be a good property to open up a comic book store in the Chi-town area.

7. What did you have for dinner last night?

Chicken and pasta

8. What is your favorite TV show?

All-time is a tie between two mini-series: Cosmos by Carl Sagan and The Decalogue by Kieslowski. Currently I only watch Castle and Warehouse 13 and I'd give a slight edge to Castle.

9. Favorite SW Episode?

The Empire Strikes Back since I was 5.

10. If you were a response on a Magic-8 ball, which one would you be?

You may rely on it
    or
    Reply hazy try again

20. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    Wow, not me on q3, huh. I would have chosen you, Frankity-do-da..

21. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry, Zappidy Dappidy. Out of sight, out of mind you know.:p

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    As you all are probably aware (or not, but you will find out now), I had major computer issues last night that prevented me from sending out the next set of questions. Hopefully I will be able to select the next participant tomorrow and send the questions their way. [face_peace]

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Interview #5, this time with new member Ahsoka_Tano_11 !

1. What brought you to TF.N.?

Starwars.com. I was looking at the fan sites and saw Theforce.net. It looked more interesting than the other sites! :p

2. What brought you to the SWC?

It was the only place I found with threads that I really liked!

Jedi Gunny! They sound like a really fun person!

(Interviewer note: :D )

4. Cake or pie?

Pie. I am addicted to pi (as in 3.1415926535897932384626433832795088..)

5. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy with your winnings?

Ahsoka's lightsaber

6. Favorite subject in school (if you are not currently in school, what was your favorite subject back when you were still attending classes)?

Science

7. What are your hobbies?

Reading, playing my flute, quoting Star Wars, debating with friends and horse riding

8. What was the last song you listened to?

Fireflies by Owl City

9. Right or left-handed?

Right hand

10. What is your favorite SW Episode?

TPM, because of Qui Gon Jinn

24. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks to Sinre for allowing such a wonderful thread, and to Gunny for creating it. I have been greatly enlightened by reading all previous interviews. Excellent work, Gunny.

=D=

More! More!

:D

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Aww, shucks. [face_blush]

Thanks, Joy. [face_peace]

Anyways, new questions should be sent out today. Check your PM box, because you may be the next lucky contestant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.