main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Aflame

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  2. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    apology accepted captain--i mean admiral..i mean empress :p

3. Agarwaen the Elven King

Agarwaen the Elven King Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    I, Senator Agarwaen of Dromund Kaas, am here, with the proud backing of the New Galactic Empire.

4. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Official Roster

Chief of State (Emperor Sinrebirth, in a coma): Admiral Volshe
    Vice Chief of State: Sistros
    Speaker: Chewbacca89

Membership of the Imperial Party:
    Sistros of Anaxes
    Admiral Volshe of Naboo
    Benknobi1 of Corellia
    Chewbacca89 of Bespin
    Adirondackjedi27 of Kamino
    Rainbow Knight Star of Serenno
    Trask Ulgo of Dantooine
    Darth_Kiryan of Commenor
    Thesevegetables of Shogun
    General Immodet of Lorahns
    Imperial 1338 of Obroa-Skai
    cdgodin of Coruscant
    Darth Aiser of Kuat
    Jedimaster_1977 of Mygeeto
    Senator Tiberius "Salt" of Moorja
    Agarwaen of Dromund Kaas

Membership of the Rebel Party:
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    Skywalker_T-65 of Abydos
    Jedi Gunny of Ryloth
    MandoBones of Concord Dawn
    Adrian the Cool of New Tiara
    Darth Mystique (TEE) of Korriban
    Aalagar of Muunillinist
    Roberto Calrissian of Ruusan
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    awesomejedi of Hapes

5. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Excuse me Chancellor, but regarding the proposed tax, what are you defining as 'destructive materials?

6. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Destructive materials: A material (substance or substances combined into one product) that has the capability to harm or endanger lives or destroy objects and materials, whether natural or synthetic.

This includes explosives, chemicals, compounds, elements. It also includes products made from those four.

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Does this include kitchen knives, which also have the capability you describe? Such regulation is far too broad and can be used to tax nearly anything.

[​IMG]

8. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *pod moves forward*

I'd like to add to those any toxins or poisons that can kill, maim or disable either mentally or physically or compounds there of that can be mixed to create chemical warfare,

*turns to Senator Bardan*

surely you don't object to the safety of the citizens of the galaxy senator?

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  9. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Perhaps I should specify even further, in addition to my previous post.

Gas, chemicals, and compounds which are used in explosives, products considered heavy or light weaponry, or that are potentially dangerous used for any tasks such as mining or production to everyday use.

This includes compounds that are unstable, radioactive, combustible, corrosive, asphyxiant gases, or pose a health hazard after short-term or chronic exposure.

((OOC: We don't have WHMIS or NFPA 704 like in RL, at least I don't think, but that's what I'm trying to get at.))

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Safety? Was not the purpose of this tax to raise revenue streams for the Government or is there some other nefarious purpose you have in mind?

As for the regulations presented I still have those same concerns I raised earlier. Or do we also intend to tax very large rocks?

[​IMG]

11. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *senator of Anaxes moves forward*

do I detect a hint of cynicism in your.....concerns senator?

as for your very large rocks scenario, I was unaware that anyone could indeed lift very large rocks, unless of course that was a suble disdain of force users in that case you should remember what happened to the unforunate Mr Ghullo, rebellion is never a good thing senator, it leads to unrest and eventually war,

you don't want that surely

Imperial 1138 likes this.
  12. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    *smirks slightly*

Let me recap what I've stated.

Destructive materials: A material (substance or substances combined into one product) that has the capability to harm or endanger lives or destroy objects and materials, whether natural or synthetic.

This includes explosives, chemicals, compounds, elements. It also includes products made from those four.

Gas, chemicals, and compounds which are used in explosives, products considered heavy or light weaponry, or that are potentially dangerous used for any tasks such as mining or production to everyday use.

This includes compounds that are unstable, radioactive, combustible, corrosive, asphyxiant gases, or pose a health hazard after short-term or chronic exposure.

And as our esteemed Senator of Anaxes stated:
    I'd like to add to those any toxins or poisons that can kill, maim or disable either mentally or physically or compounds there of that can be mixed to create chemical warfare.

Only the buying and companies who sell these products will be taxed.

((I'm going to use RL here, easiest way to explain))

Those products that would carry a WHMIS symbol or a NFPA 704 rating higher than a 2 would be taxed, and as the amount of hazards increases (NFPA level by one, so from 2-3, 3-4 or more than 2 WHMIS symbols, plus 0.25% for each increase).

-----

Yes, if said large rock contains materials that can be used in the ways I outlined, it would be taxed when it is sold.

13. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Thank you for explaing Chancellor. Hopefully this eases Bardan's concerns.

14. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *senator moves forward*

excellent responses SENATOR OF Naboo

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    No it does nothing to assuage my concerns. These are clearly veiled attempts at disarming the populace at large and would place undue burdens on those worlds where the construction and use of light and heavy weaponry is a way of life. For example, Mandalore.

[​IMG]

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  16. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    So would blasters and say, for example, Hapan guns of command, would be taxed?

17. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    ((OOC: We're going to change the topic to another argument on the list, and stay away from weapon control.

If anyone wants to choose one, go ahead.))

18. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    ****steps up to the rostrum******
    No, I'd like to yet again point out to the senate that if we do not debate this proposed tax wholeheartedly then it will not be resovled one way or another.

EVER.

Unless the Senator of Naboo rescinds her proposal.

As an elected representative of the Muun system I feel oblidged to point out the ramifications of this proposed tax.
    *****raises voice****
    This will cripple every populated planets economy's, mining exploration, and commerce. This new tax will effect every citizen in the galaxy.
    97% of this galaxies transportation system heavily relies on the use of propulsion using unstable compounds that react once in contact with a heat source [accelerant].

Not only is this a super profits tax for mining companies and transport companies, energy providers and the merchant economy it will also effect every household that has a heating element, a lighting element, a cooling element and a waste elemet within it's property. All these elements are powered by combustion or the use of stated compunds the senator of Naboo has proposed to tax.

*****lowers voice****
    I wish the senator of Naboo to address these issues and the issues presented by the Senator of Mandolore and any other senators concerns. Without clarification this proposal will continue to stall and become the white bantha [elephant].

The Muun System will venimously object to any tax that effects the day to day living conditions of it's constituants.

***glides away****

19. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    (((Perhaps it has been overlooked, but due to some RL issues we are avoiding this debate, and we'll be skipping over this topic entirely. Apologies, Aalagar. )))

Imperial 1138 likes this.
  20. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    OOC: RL issues?

21. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    that's what she said :p

22. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Then do whats right and rescind/withdraw the proposal formally [in character]

23. Agarwaen the Elven King

Feb 13, 2013
    I move that we begin debate on the next issue.

24. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    (((Gun debate, weapon control.

---

I won't rescind, that's not what I would do in character.

We're just going to drop it and try something else from the state of the galaxy bit. )))

25. Agarwaen the Elven King

Feb 13, 2013
    Lets move on to the next issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.